Onwards and downwards...

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well happy days, I've sold my exercise item :T :T :T

Didn't get as much as I'd hoped, but I decided not to hold out, and the space in this sense is more valuable than waiting for a few extra ££.

The space where it was has been refilled already, but there is a lot more light coming through now so it's good.

It is also payday today and all bills have been paid :T That's the first time in what seems like forever. I need to cover a couple of bits that will come out throughout the month, but that should be easy enough.

Fingers crossed then I might be able to put something away for savings.

I'm waiting to hear our tax credit award, my income for this year will be back to normal but DH's is down. Also our childcare bill is huge and I'm not getting the vouchers any more, so hoping we'll still get something. When I know what that is, I'll be able to do a new SOA and see where we are.

I'm thinking of going self managed with my DMP, but my concern if I do that is that I will be more inclined to overpay my debts rather than put money in savings, so I think I'll wait until I've got a bit saved up.

Car is back again still without a starter motor. They don't think that's it, so have cleaned up some cables to see if that helps. If not, I'll go somewhere else for a second opinion. They didn't charge again though, so that's nice of them.

The plan for this weekend is selling at 2 car boots subject to weather. Hoping to clear some more stuff!

Hope everyone is well :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • retiredandskint
    Options
    If your creditors are willing to accept​ what you are paying them then don't overpay. With Mr jwil not having a permanent full-time job it really is important to have that savings pot. Without it you could easily slide into further debt when that unexpected bill comes in. Decide on how much you need as a savings pot once you've got that you can work towards saving for full and final payments.

As Del Boy would say "you know it makes sense" :rotfl::rotfl:

Hope the car booting goes well this weekend. Mr Retired has to have another brain scan tomorrow minimum of 5 hrs round trip.
  • jwil
    Options
    If your creditors are willing to accept​ what you are paying them then don't overpay. With Mr jwil not having a permanent full-time job it really is important to have that savings pot. Without it you could easily slide into further debt when that unexpected bill comes in. Decide on how much you need as a savings pot once you've got that you can work towards saving for full and final payments.

As Del Boy would say "you know it makes sense" :rotfl::rotfl:

Hope the car booting goes well this weekend. Mr Retired has to have another brain scan tomorrow minimum of 5 hrs round trip.

Good advice as ever retired, thank you! I must stop thinking about the debts all the time and become a saver! You are right, I should be saving towards full and finals.

That doesn't sound like fun tomorrow for Mr Retired (or you!) Hope it goes ok xxx
  • jwil
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend :)

We sold at a boot sale on Saturday, and did pretty well so we were pleased. We were out and about on Sunday which was nice. Yesterday it was wet so the boot sale we wanted to sell at was cancelled which was a shame, so I spent the whole day packing ebay parcels instead!

So 4 sacks to go this morning and a few parcels for me to take to the post office later.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    well done on both decluttering and earning
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • jwil
    Options
    Thank you INOD :)

Not much to report today, a couple more sales yesterday but they haven't paid up yet.

I made paella yesterday for tonight's dinner, and somehow seem to have wound up with a huge quantity :rotfl: At least that's lunch sorted for a couple of days.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    An oldie popping in to follow xx
  • jwil
    Options
    An oldie popping in to follow xx

:wave: lovely to see you again HI, I did spot your new diary yesterday :)
  • jwil
    Options
    Hey everyone :)

I've been trying to have a mammoth admin session to try and organise some stuff.

I've set up my own DMP with the help of an online CAB site. I haven't actually sent off any letters yet or cancelled the existing one but I think I will once I've made some tweaks. I want to control it myself, especially if I'm going to make some F&F offers eventually. I need to update my income etc what with having gone back to work so it makes sense to do it then.

I've renewed my tax credits so will probably wait until that award comes through to do it. If they get cancelled or reduced then I need to take that into account in the budget.

I found the file for my car whilst I was digging stuff out, so out of curiosity added up what it's cost me since I owned it (10 years). Including original purchase price, but excluding insurance, tax and fuel, I've spent £6576 on it, so that's buying the car and repairs and maintenance. I think that's pretty darned good for a car that is now 17 years old! I'm sure there are a few random invoices floating around that haven't been included, but even adding a bit more on to that it's still really good value!

Ebay sales are still trickling out. We've had two INR this week :mad: One we have tracking that shows it was delivered so that's won for us, the other one is an overseas one, and I can't refund it for some reason :mad: Ebay are telling me to send a payment, but I don't want to do that. I'll see what paypal say and nip over to the ebay board for advice I think.

I've got loads of stuff prepped for listing, but haven't done any for a while so I must get on with that.

DH went alone to the car boot on Saturday as I was doing other stuff. He managed to clear some more stuff so that's good. He's working this week, so I haven't had loads of listing to do which means I can do the admin stuff. I'm sure there'll be plenty more soon!

I've received some washing up liquid and shampoo to test this week, so that's a nice bonus too :D
  • jwil
    Options
    Decluttering:
    Books: 278
    Magazines/papers: 38
    Ebay parcels: 785
    Other: 176

Total: 1277

Ebay listings: 903