£157.50 cashback from TCB for opening Co-Operative Bank Acc

Comments

• Thank you very much for replying, Candyapple. Of course I hope to be wrong but I suspect mine may run into difficulty. I was bordering on being hopeful once it changed from pending to confirmed.

I hope you get yours.

Crimson
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I'm thinking I might complain to Coop re my declined £157.50 rather than wait for TCB to deal with it. Coop paid up straight away when I phoned them about my Quidco decline though that was after Quidco reached the end of the road and I had to email Coop the various evidence supporting my claim. Think they will be much more reticent in paying up thus time given it's more than triple the amount.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Am I right in assuming the £150 is paid direct to the account holder by the Co Op bank and the TCB cash back part is paid independently.
  • MABLE wrote: »
    Am I right in assuming the £150 is paid direct to the account holder by the Co Op bank and the TCB cash back part is paid independently.

Yes only the TCB part is paid by TCB when/if they receive the CB 'from the merchant' which is usually an affiliate company used by the merchant, in this case Co-op Bank.

That's why I think when anyone says complain direct to the Co-op, Nationwide, whoever about missing cashback it tends to go nowhere unless the bank decides to make a goodwill payment to get rid of you.

I tried this process with Nationwide directly and they were adamant they were not liable for missing cashback, I made a complaint which was not allowed. Strangely the cashback from TCB became payable during my phone call to Nationwide CS after months of waiting. That's an amazing coincidence;)
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yes only the TCB part is paid by TCB when/if they receive the CB 'from the merchant' which is usually an affiliate company used by the merchant, in this case Co-op Bank.

That's why I think when anyone says complain direct to the Co-op, Nationwide, whoever about missing cashback it tends to go nowhere unless the bank decides to make a goodwill payment to get rid of you.

I tried this process with Nationwide directly and they were adamant they were not liable for missing cashback, I made a complaint which was not allowed. Strangely the cashback from TCB became payable during my phone call to Nationwide CS after months of waiting. That's an amazing coincidence;)

Thanks for the useful info. As long as I receive the £150 then the effort will have been worth it but will not hold out for the TCB incentive. They have already decreased my pending amount from £57 or there abouts down to £44. I now see Co oP are now offering no incentive going via TCB. So its possibly the pending amount will go down to zero.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 12 October 2016 at 4:21PM
    Anyone who has had Cooperative Bank Cashback via Topcashback declined and is in two minds whether to pursue the matter -

Co-Operative Bank answered my complaint which solely related to Topcashback 126.00 Cashback decline with a screen shot as per top half of link stating I failed to meet those T+C which everybody can see is T+C for Cooperative Bank own 150.00 incentive offer, absolutely nothing to do with Cashback offered via TCB, hence opening words " In addition to the cashback offer from TopCashback"

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/the-co-operative-bank-current-accounts/

Co-operative Bank 150.00 offer didnt start until 3 May :doh:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5457918
  • blf I don't think Co-op will deal with any TCB related claim directly.

I think it has to go through TCB into the ether of their mysterious missing cashback process taking months/years.

Its already been 6 months since account opening!

Co-op I mean their affiliate still haven't managed to tell TCB what the 'additional' information is that they need from the Confirmed to Declined group:o
  • blf I don't think Co-op will deal with any TCB related claim directly.

I think it has to go through TCB into the ether of their mysterious missing cashback process taking months/years.

Its already been 6 months since account opening!

Co-op I mean their affiliate still haven't managed to tell TCB what the 'additional' information is that they need from the Confirmed to Declined group:o

Letter reply from Co-Operative Bank referred to "switching incentive in April through Topcashback(TCB)"

My Findings are ......

"The TCB offer excluded existing customers who ............"

"When you took part in the TCB offer you already held ,,,,,,"

"Due to this, You werent eligible to receive the TCB incentive amount"

I plan to offer Co-Operative Bank a second chance to resolve complaint thus avoiding probable FOS fee, and making themselves look entirely stupid and incompetent.

Due to ongoing wait for payment of the TCB cashback, additional time spent on the matter, inconvenience etc, I will ask for additional 100.00 to resolve the complaint
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Letter reply from Co-Operative Bank referred to "switching incentive in April through Topcashback(TCB)"

My Findings are ......

"The TCB offer excluded existing customers who ............"

"When you took part in the TCB offer you already held ,,,,,,"

"Due to this, You werent eligible to receive the TCB incentive amount"

I plan to offer Co-Operative Bank a second chance to resolve complaint thus avoiding probable FOS fee, and making themselves look entirely stupid and incompetent.

Due to ongoing wait for payment of the TCB cashback, additional time spent on the matter, inconvenience etc, I will ask for additional 100.00 to resolve the complaint

Hmmm

I have a printed:o copy of the TopCashback incentive applicable when I applied on 9th April. There is absolutely no mention of existing customers.

I haven't yet submitted a formal complaint to Co-op as I have only recently started the missing cashback process with TCB. I've waited 6 months already, so another month won't hurt.

Do keep us updated.
  • wearside_2
    wearside_2 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    How long do you have to keep an account at the CoOp Bank? I switched last JUne and received the £150 incentive in July. Is it too early to switch the account to Nationwide?
    To Dare is To Do:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport