The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Options

Comments

• psychopathbabble
    Options
    I made 2 cushion covers today!!! Nothing fancy, just plain cream ones but figured I could embellish them later. Will take a pic tomorrow as I can't be bothered now.

Fallen - glad the op went ok

Jakes-mum 1200!! How on earth could you be bothered?!
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    his_missus wrote: »
    Hello all!

Been AWOL for a month or so, lost focus on the money side of life for a while then, well, just lost focus in general. Spending been a bit erratic these past few weeks too but trying to get back on track...

Update for me is
    #012 £2501.98/£6583 38% and 23/70lbs

Hope you're all ok and moving forward towards being DF xx

Firstly, I'm sooooo glad your back hun!!!! :A Terrific result on the weightloss front by the way as well as a brilliant total on your debt busting!!! We've got about 8 months to go and your almost 40% of the way through. :T:T:T xxx
    camuk81 wrote: »
    Goodness, just worked out if I can see this reclaim thing all the way through we might get over a grand back

Wow, just looking at your signature shows how far you've come so quickly, I'm super proud of you! :A xxx
    jakes-mum wrote: »
    lots and lots of free time and dedication to the comps board :o I dedicate about 4 - 5 hours a day to entering comps.

4-5hrs!!! Wowzer!!! :eek: I notice in your signature that you won Gerberas??? They are my favourite flower :D So happy looking and bright. Shame I kill them off in about 24hrs... :rotfl:
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
  • choclover
    choclover Posts: 522 Forumite
    Options
    poohspals wrote: »
    Woohoo - paid lots of bits off today - will tot them up soon and get my totals reduced. Just wanted to pop by and say I'm getting such a thrill watching my debts go down - possibly more so than the kick I got out of shopping in the first place

I know what you mean! It's a great feeling!:T
    £2013 in 2013 £866.71/£2013
    DF by Xmas 2013 #027£841.28/£6000 (14.02%) 12/2
    DFD February 2015 £2,303.63/£19,520.26 (11.80%)
  • mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I made 2 cushion covers today!!! Nothing fancy, just plain cream ones but figured I could embellish them later. Will take a pic tomorrow as I can't be bothered now.

Fallen - glad the op went ok

Jakes-mum 1200!! How on earth could you be bothered?!

Jakes-mum, :eek: how on earth do you have enough hours in a day to do 4-5hrs comping, swagbucks, ebaying the world plus looking after 2 young children (well, 3 if you count OH :rotfl:) and baking and... You are SUPER!!!

Psycho, well done on the cushion covers and defo get a piccie on here tomorrow hun as I'd love to see them. Have you done them by hand or by machine?

Fallen, I've not caught up completely yet but noticed the above and am very glad the op went ok too xxx

• mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    oooooooooooooo look!! new star

<
    Im a fantastically fervent moneysaving super fan!! go me!!

Try saying that after a few too many scoops!!! :rotfl:

choclover wrote: »
    Oh my god, can't believe the conversations that were happening on FB last night between my hubby's family - I'm sooo glad they're not mine, but feel sorry for hubby that they think so little of him :(

Oh no, that's awful! :( What matters though is how much you care for him and he knows it hun. Some families are like that with each other and it's really sad but I just really hope he knows that it's no reflection on him. xxx
    They did my Mam's a few years ago (bought a years after they did mine) so don't worry they definitely do adults. You can still get tonsillitis after you've had them out but I've never had it since (although I didn't get it much I just had one case that lasted 4 months and nothing shifted it) I really hope the docs manage to help you.

Found out this morning I'll be going on a work trip to Brussels in July for new hires (I'll have been with the company for 11 months then but it's for people under 24 months as this place is definitely a career place not a one year contract kind of environment) I'm really excited, never been to visit any of the other technical centres.

Sounds fantastic hun!!! Well done xxx

• choclover
    choclover Posts: 522 Forumite
    Options
    mf0u1098 wrote: »
    4-5hrs!!! Wowzer!!! :eek: I notice in your signature that you won Gerberas??? They are my favourite flower :D So happy looking and bright. Shame I kill them off in about 24hrs... :rotfl:

Same here - they always go floppy when I have them!
    £2013 in 2013 £866.71/£2013
    DF by Xmas 2013 #027£841.28/£6000 (14.02%) 12/2
    DFD February 2015 £2,303.63/£19,520.26 (11.80%)
  • mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    Big hugs Choclover, families eh, you just can't pick which ones you're born into :( but he does have you and you seem lovely *hugs*

Sorry I haven't been able to write replies to everyone, I've done something to my neck and can't move it left, right, up or down :( which is proving particularly difficult to a) do my work as I'm I work in IT b) reply to everyone without moving my arms/head too much.

From what I recall....
    I didn't climb a mountain this weekend I spent most of it in bed trying not to get the threatening lurgy.
    Congrats to everyone that's made even a 1p payment to their debt, that's 1p less in debt today than you were yesterday.
    Thanks for gardening information, I'm still loving watching my seeds emerge as tiny plants, although some are quite spindly, and I have no idea what anything is other than the pea. I am quite intrigued by one little fellow that popped up with larger leaves than the others, I think he might be cucumber, or aubergine, or swede erm...
    I've made another £1 payment to the c/c again today, my statement is reading lovely, for every day this month it has an entry accompanied by £1 credit :p
    I've got lots of watchers on my fleabay items and so far 4 items are selling at £5.20 :D

Hope everyone that's poorly feels much better soon.
    #005 £2630/£5030

I love that you're as clueless yet enthusiastic about gardening as I am! :rotfl:
    i am back from the docs where she greeted me with 'well you really dont look well!' had a look at my throat and said 'looks like its viral and bacterial im afraid' had a feel of my glands and said 'oh yes that must be painful' and gave me some strong antibiotics :o maybe i should be a bit keener to visit them from now on :o

am now cwtched up under a duvet on the chair :(

on a more positive note, all my ebay money cleared today so have paid another £120 to the CC :j :j

#16 £3446.35 / £8806.89 39.13%

:j:j:j Sooooooo close to 40%!!!! xxx
    wow Kerri you are so talented. Knickers and purses (all ready for a good night out :rotfl:)

Jemma: *:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:*

Welcome to the newbies.

Waiting for the Barclaycard bill to arrive so that I can make a payment. Although had a couple of spends, £40 on daughers clothes that she is buying herself out of birthday money (she has already offered the money, will have when the bill comes in) and £85 for a hotel bill last week when hubby and I stayed in Shrewsbury over night for a party. We never have time on our own so worth paying a bit. I have paid these yesterday so that when the bill comes it will go straight off the main debt.

Jemma hope the meal went ok and the waiter wasn't on. ;)

It wasn't too bad to be honest, my sisters huband tried to say something a couple of times but I was sat next to him and kept reminding him that he'd just come out of hospital with...erm...I'll remember in a minute...*scratches head*... oh !!!!!! it, basically he's got 2 puncture wounds on his right side so I kept reminding him that if my elbow were to accidently slip then I wouldn't be responsible unless he shut his mouth! :rotfl:

• mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    choclover wrote: »
    Same here - they always go floppy when I have them!

hmmmmm I hope this doesn't happen with my cucumbers or what will people say....? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

• psychopathbabble
    Options
    Lol, just skim read and saw 'they go floppy'.... almost made me choke!

I used my friends machine but I think she got annoyed as I kept breaking the thread. They really are just plain and simple, so don't be too disappointed when I show you!!
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    loubie_lou wrote: »
    Hi All,

Long time no post :)

Nothing to report apart from my sis is getting married in the morning :j

Bridesmaid and an expensive day ahoy :rotfl::rotfl::T

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Hey hun, how was the wedding??? Any piccies??? xxx
    Rome is amazing. I know that doesn't help you much :)

Kerri could you send me the pattern too please? :)

Jakes mum hope you feel better.

Didn't get the flight ops job :( But just found out I'm getting a refund of nearly £90 from the water company, yay.

Oh no hun! Did they say why? :( xxx
    I am a firm believer in things happening for a reason... I have been researching teaching again today, it's something you have to plan for in advance so it's probably the right time for me to investigate properly, especially as there is an open day at the local uni on 28th april :)

Ooooh what kind of teaching are you looking into??? xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills