Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd - CRA searches

Comments

• nixoni
    nixoni Posts: 12 Forumite
    iaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • nixoni
    nixoni Posts: 12 Forumite
    I am having similar issues.

I have been unfortunately due to a series of health issues left myself to be in a financial black hole. I have 3 or 4 outstanding loans which i havent paid for over 6 years. although sporadically i have paid debt collectors little amounts here or there.

I have been told that my debts should be statue barred etc however i am not only completely useless at keeping up to date with debts i am useless as to how to deal with it.

Can anyone recommed someone/company that i can have deal with this on my behalf or help me more.
  • Thriftkitten
    Thriftkitten Posts: 1,242 Forumite
    75I got a letter today from this Lowel company saying that I owe them £102. from a company called "shopacheck", I vaguely remember using this company but am adamant that I paid everything off as the girl that came to the door weekly was someone I knew well and would be too embarassed to default and not pay when she came round, also I have no record of this on my experian credit file which the guy at lowells just told me via phone that it was indeed hurting my credit!!!, He tried to get me to make an immediat payment to which I said " I would first like to check my file as I have never had a letter from shopacheck to say I was in debt, plus this was in 2007 aparently and have never heard from them until now!!!
    He was quite arsey and said oh i will log that as a refusal to pay, to which I replied, I would like to check my experian file as I have monitored my credit file for years and have never had anything show up for old accounts with experian.
    I have noticed from my credit file searches that this Lowell company have searched my details about 10 times in the past year or so over 2 address's but never approached until now by letter.
    How do I resolve this, I'm am positive any loan borrowed was repaid and also nothing has ever showed on my report and I cant even see a shopacheck on my report, although I do know I have used them years ago, thanks.
    Thriftkitten;)

Tesco saving stamps £13.00:T

Roadkill Rebel No.31 July2014 Treasure £1.03p :D
    August 2014
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Prove it letter.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2607247

If they won't provide evidence that there is a valid debt and that you owe it, then they can 'something fairly rude' off.

Keep an eye on your credit files to make sure a default doesn't suddenly pop up on them. Can happen if/when a debt collector incorrectly links a debt to your details.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Thriftkitten
    Thriftkitten Posts: 1,242 Forumite
    ok have just printed off the loan company one as even though previous payments were made weekly to a collector at the door, this lowells have written to me, they seem to of searched my credit file on every address for the past 5 yrs even though they aparently didnt take over the debt from this shopacheck until 31/ 5/ 2012 how weird, and all the time they searched my address on my credit file, never once have they contacted me nor have shopacheck, shopacheck dont even show up on my credit file, even though i have had past credit from them that was deffo paid off.
    I also saw something on google that was printed in the Mirror newspaper saying something like 1.7 million shopacheck customers details were lost and possibly fell into the wrong hands, IE name, address, Date of birth etc, so how do I know I'm not one of the 1.7 mil!!!! And this lowells isn't just trying their luck!
    Thriftkitten;)

Tesco saving stamps £13.00:T

Roadkill Rebel No.31 July2014 Treasure £1.03p :D
    August 2014
  • radapple
    radapple Posts: 7 Forumite
    I've got the same issue, thanks for your template, I am going to write to them now.
  • DalePie
    DalePie Posts: 147 Forumite
    I had trouble with Lowells and wrote about it:

http://dalepie.wordpress.com/2012/07/10/who-the-hell-are-lowells/

They seem to scour peoples credit files looking for stuff they might or might not owe. They they send a really cryptic letter to you for the amount in the vain hope you'll be dull enough to pay.

Course when you send them a prove it letter they are stumped :rotfl:.
  • CEKB
    CEKB Posts: 5 Forumite
    I looked on my hubbies credit report recently and noticed that this Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd have done credit searches on my husbands account USING MY NAME!!!!
    This is surely fraud and am looking into to see what I can do about it.
    My husband has no outstanding debts and I also believe this to be harrasement as well.
    Will keep you posted :mad:
  • Good evening all,

I have recently had checks as have many on here by Lowell. I have read all of the previous threads in relation to this company and issues people are facing.

I too unfortunately have a debt issue (3G Mobile) that has been going on from 2008 to which I have tried many different approaches to no avail. I would greatly appreciative any help/advice on where to go next.

I will give you a quick (hopefully) rundown to the issue in bullet's.

2001 - present (Serving HM Forces - Army)

June 08 - Pre-deployment for Afghanistan in Oman for 6 weeks
    - Contacted 3G to activate Int Roaming with £400 credit limit
    - Request accepted and traveled overseas in July 08.
    - Call logged and have written proof.
    July 08 - 14th July received text msg from 3G stating my credit limit had been reached (on way back from Oman and in Cyprus)
    - Assumed this was the credit cap I had requested for in June and clearly identifies that a credit limit had been in place on my account.
    August 08
    - Returned to the UK
    - Contacted 3G Contact Center to pay £400
    - Received a bill of £3118.22 via post and voice confirmation from above.
    - I queried the charges and told there was actually a £500 credit limit (3G standard maximum without a request)
    - I cancelled my DD as they tried to take full payment.
    - I was informed that a full investigation into the matter would take place and it would take up to 14 days. I was asked to phone back on the 24th Aug 08 to discuss the finding of the investigation.
    - All calls were logged and recorded by 3G
    25th Aug 08
    - Attended 3G store in hometown in person
    - A 3G employee phoned direct to 3G, I was informed I was required to settle the full billing amount.
    - I explained to the 3G employee the circumstances and was informed by him that although my file had been reviewed a full investigation was never carried out or instigated.
    - 3G employee said I would be contacted in 24 hrs in relation to the matter. I was never contacted.
    Attended another 3G store in my working city in person
    - The employee informed me that I was to pay the full billing amount again. I explained the circumstances and that in two days I would be in Afghanistan for 6 months on deployment. He would not assist me any further.

August 28th 08
    - Deployed to Afghanistan.

Sept 08
    - Official Formal Complaint letter sent to 3 Mobile Customer Services by recorded delivery - delivered with signature as receipt. (No response to my 'Formal Complaint')
    - Debt recovery instigated
    December 08
    - Letter sent to 3G Legal Department from a solicitor. (No response to solicitor.

2008 - Present

- Debt recovery ongoing

Complaint
    - I have researched into my consumer rights regarding despute resolution and also consulted with a solicitor. As I take it, Ofcom regulations state that 3G are to respond to a formal complaint within a 12 week period, informing me that the matter has either reached a 'deadlock' position or there are alternate means to resolve this matter; to date I have not received any written correspondence of this nature. In addition to the letter I sent I hae tried to solve this matter at two different 3G stores and the contact center (In India). I have obtained a full log of all contact made regarding this matter and have clearly tried to sort this matter out. - Is this correct?

My key areas of complaint are as follows:

- It is clear that a credit limit of £500 was placed onto my account, even though I had requested and had been accepted a £400 limit. This was to ensure i could not exceed a bill amount that I could not feasibly afford. I have stated that I am happy to pay the £400 but no more.
    - Harassment by phone and letter.

Dispute resolution

- To date 3G have failed to resolve this matter in line with my consumer rights. To which now I would like a formal response to my billing complaint.

Credit Rating

- Severely impacted
    - I have had to speak with company financial managers every time I want to get anything including my car and mortgage.

Sorry for taking up what is a page of points however I am at whits end and constantly getting bombarded with letters and phone calls from Lowell to the point of harrasement. I have told them it is an ongoing issue between myself and 3G however 3G dont/wont reply as they have sold the debt on and Lowell dont take ''wait out'' for an answer.

Please help!!

Any help/advice/solutions would be much appreciated.

Kindest Regards

S :beer:
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Sandy2642 wrote: »
    Good evening all,

I have recently had checks as have many on here by Lowell. I have read all of the previous threads in relation to this company and issues people are facing.

I've copied the above post to a new thread, as your question may not get seen by people who could help otherwise.

New thread is here ---> http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4098853
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure