The Sun £9.50 holidays, JAN 2013 code words and final word cracking thread

Comments

• nickyhutch
    nickyhutch Posts: 7,596 Forumite
    no if you dont have a priority booking code for online you need to cut out the tokens from the paper and send off with order form

Is the priority code the reference number on the letter? I have one of those.
    ******** Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity *******
    "Always be calm and polite, and have the materials to make a bomb"
  • pinkladyof66
    pinkladyof66 Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    nickyhutch wrote: »
    Is the priority code the reference number on the letter? I have one of those.

yes top right hand corner of booking form

Make £200 by end of January... £20.42/£200
    Grocery Challenge £200 pm Jan £0/£200
    January no spend days - 1/31
  • nickyhutch
    nickyhutch Posts: 7,596 Forumite
    yes top right hand corner of booking form

Great - thank you. I think I'm sorted then - just need to decide where we want to go!
    ******** Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity *******
    "Always be calm and polite, and have the materials to make a bomb"
  • If I'm looking to do a European break, can I upgrade to 7 days from either the Monday to Sunday dates or the Friday to Saturday dates? Also, can you upgrade accomodation on a European holiday the way we can on UK sites.
  • mrswoowoo
    mrswoowoo Posts: 89 Forumite
    queenietb wrote: »
    I don't seem to have got a priority code through when I had 2 sun holidays last year? Does anyone know how I contact them to get one? Thanks

Hi, queenie. I didn't receive a code either after booking 2-3 times every year. I contacted them and they e-mailed me one. Go on to the Sun Holiday website, then click on FAQ (frequently asked questions), then Priority Application Enquiry, then I havn't received a priority form, then click on the grey Contact us. Fill that in and they should send you one. Good Luck!
  • sjg666
    sjg666 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    turfey21 wrote: »
    I have had a priority booking reference through the post and the bonus code on it is LAND.

Last year we holidayed in the UK but this year we are hoping to go to either Disneyland Paris or Italy as our daughter is older and will be easier to travel abroad with.

Any recommendations for parks in Disneyland and Italy?

We went to Norcenni Girasole in Tuscany a couple of years ago and it was absolutely LOVELY. The site is tucked into the chianti hills and has really beautiful scenery. Also the site has an bar that has an gelato bar and it is absolutely amazing!

Travelling there is pretty simple - the only slight issue we had was ordering a taxi from the local station to the site (none of us spoke a word of English) but the person at the end of the taxi phone must have understood us as sure enough a taxi arrived. The site run a shuttle to the local station so you don't have to get taxi's all week or anything - They also do a shuttle bus to/from Florence station.

Hoping to go back there 2014.

We have also been to I Pini near Rome. We weren't overly impressed with this one - the caravan had a slight ant problem and the site itself is sort of in the middle of nowhere so you pretty much have to use their shuttle to/from central Rome each day - about 45 minutes (I think it was only 8 Euros return a day which wasn't too bad).

The pool on the site is outdoor and not heated. While it was pretty clean it was absolutely freezing (we went late April and the weather was good) so we just sunbathed next to it. The restaurant was pretty good and reasonably priced - on site supermarket was pretty overpriced but in my experience they are at all sites.

It's brilliant for the price as long as you're planning on going elsewhere during the day (in my opinion). Certainly not a site with loads and loads to do but great for seeing Rome on a small budget.
  • Mr_Doovde
    Mr_Doovde Posts: 291 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    noodles21 wrote: »
    If I'm looking to do a European break, can I upgrade to 7 days from either the Monday to Sunday dates or the Friday to Saturday dates? Also, can you upgrade accomodation on a European holiday the way we can on UK sites.

Booking a 7 night European holiday is a standard option when you book, I'm not sure about upgrading, I guess you might have to do that with your operator when you find out who they are.
    Joovce, Joovce you want me to spell, it's a J, V, C.
  • Roma_3
    Roma_3 Posts: 201 Forumite
    MickeyTT30 wrote: »
    Wonder if the next codes will be talk meal tone ....like three years ago abit of a coincidence that the first two are the same?

This will be very interesting because I know for a fact that this has occurred previously!! :T
  • queenietb wrote: »
    I don't seem to have got a priority code through when I had 2 sun holidays last year? Does anyone know how I contact them to get one? Thanks
    Hi - I used the contactus page via the FAQ on the sun holiday pages and told them my name, last years location and dates and they emailed me back a priority code.
    Good luck!
  • Does anyone know if the sun sends out a priority code letter every time there is a promotion? I did have a promo code but I can't find it and didn't book the last time so just wondered if they will send another letter and if not how can I get my priority code?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure