IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Uk Parking Control Ltd

Just wondering if anybody had any dealings relating to this mob?

Comments

• bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Neillgb wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody had any dealings relating to this mob?

They have stuck a notice on my windscreen suggesting I 'left' a car park in their control.

How they would be able to prove I wasn't on the site, large retail, is beyond me.
    Even if you did leave the site and come back, they have no means of enforcing their ridiculous charges. Ignore anything they send you, it's a scam.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Hi there...

I search this company on the net, and read this forum and did what you guys advised and ignored the letters. Today i got a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd about the recovery of the money owed and talking of ccj's and ideas out there :mad:
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 August 2014 at 6:17PM
    13del wrote: »
    Hi there...

I search this company on the net, and read this forum and did what you guys advised and ignored the letters. Today i got a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd about the recovery of the money owed and talking of ccj's and ideas out there :mad:
    You will not just 'get' a CCJ and they cannot send Bailiffs round, without first of all going to the County Court. But they won't go to the County Court.

It's all a scam, Debt Recovery Plus have no powers and are probably the same company (just using different letter-heading to frighten you). Check the phone numbers, addresses and writing style on the letters you've had - likely to be one and the same company.

These chancers get their money from the mugs who pay. You may get a few more letters and then they will give up and move on to a more likely victim. Don't be scared by them, nor of any fake Solicitor 'intended litigation' letter which they might try out on you. They really will go away, they want to trick you out of your money but they will only send a certain number of letters before giving up.

You only need to post back on here if you actually get REAL Court Documents.

IF YOU ARE READING THIS ANCIENT OLD THREAD AFTER 2013 - WHY WHY WHY?

IT IS ANCIENT, A FORUM'S PAGE ONE IS ONLY EVER ONE CLICK AWAY FROM ANY THREAD. THINGS CHANGE, ADVICE CHANGES, DO NOT READ OLD FORUM THREADS, EVER, ON ANY SUBJECT IF LOOKING FOR IMPORTANT ADVICE ON MONEY MATTERS.

see my signature below (the black writing) for where to click in the above breadcrumb trail (LITTLE BLUE LINK) to hop ONE CLICK to page one and read the top threads of CURRENT advice on private parking tickets.

STOP READING THIS OLD THREAD.

STOP!

IT IS ANCIENT, A FORUM'S PAGE ONE IS ONLY EVER ONE CLICK AWAY FROM ANY THREAD. THINGS CHANGE, ADVICE CHANGES, DO NOT READ OLD FORUM THREADS, EVER, ON ANY SUBJECT IF LOOKING FOR IMPORTANT ADVICE ON MONEY MATTERS.

see my signature below (the black writing) for where to click in the above breadcrumb trail (LITTLE BLUE LINK) to hop ONE CLICK to page one and read the top threads of CURRENT advice on private parking tickets.

STOP!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Just recieved a 'civil traffic enforcement notice' for my motorcycle, parked where the supermarket have provided bars; for I presume; the convenience of customers securing 2 wheeled vehicles. Will visit tomorrow to investiate signage. This area is under cover, so I would say they couldn't argue the bike was on the pavement. I'm not a timid person, but I am tempted to pay it's the fear of it all going wrong. I have no proof that I didn't park it. Are there any rules about what is considered a proper parking place. The 'contravention' they quote is 'Vehicle parked in unauthorised area' . Is that for them to decide or can I ask for a copy of some sort of proof that this is an unauthorised parking area.?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    cadwell14 wrote: »
    Just recieved a 'civil traffic enforcement notice' for my motorcycle, parked where the supermarket have provided bars; for I presume; the convenience of customers securing 2 wheeled vehicles. Will visit tomorrow to investiate signage. This area is under cover, so I would say they couldn't argue the bike was on the pavement. I'm not a timid person, but I am tempted to pay it's the fear of it all going wrong. I have no proof that I didn't park it. Are there any rules about what is considered a proper parking place. The 'contravention' they quote is 'Vehicle parked in unauthorised area' . Is that for them to decide or can I ask for a copy of some sort of proof that this is an unauthorised parking area.?

Don't wast you petrol going back to the supermarket. This is an unenforceable invoice. You do not have to "prove" anything. Please read all the other threads on here to see there is nothing to worry about. You might get a few letters from them but just ignore them.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 August 2014 at 6:18PM

STOP!

STOP!

STOP!

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Alx*27
    Alx*27 Posts: 128 Forumite
    You're concentrating on your actions rather than the fact a private company is demanding money for no reason.

Even if you gleefully told them you parked your Hummer over 3 spaces, they would no have legal right to £50 or £100.

The charge is *unenforceable*.
  • Thanks Guys for all your input and advice:T :beer: :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family