help with moving costs on ESA

Comments

• Dunroamin
    Dunroamin Posts: 16,908 Forumite
    Happi wrote: »
    Exactly, so don't assume all ppl wanting to move to Co Durham will have no council tax to pay. as i have already said i live there and have to pay council tax.

Maybe you should have some empathy with the OP of this thread who needs to move to be closer to family for support, it isn't even about who or where someone has to pay council tax.

And all you who say why can't family help? how do you know what circumstances they have? or indeed they even have any family?

For the love of god have a heart! stop judging people, based on an internet post asking for advice.

Possibly because the OP said at the start of the thread, "
    I'm moving from Gosport (Hampshire UK) to County Durham (UK) to be closer to family"
  • Happi
    Happi Posts: 1,523
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Dunroamin wrote: »
    Possibly because the OP said at the start of the thread, "
    I'm moving from Gosport (Hampshire UK) to County Durham (UK) to be closer to family"

Like i said a very small portion of people in co durham have no tax to pay, the op didn't say which part of co durham he/she was moving to, the point is mute?
  • mcjordi
    mcjordi Posts: 4,238
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sunnyone wrote: »
    I pay my council tax on the first of every month, so do many other people but anyone on full council tax benefit as it was pre April this year under the unitary Durham County Council dont pay a penny council tax and so the rest of us have to carry the can.

how are you carrying the can?
    DCC are charging the 2nd property owners more for their 2nd homes and not the ones with only 1.
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    1v100 £15/300
  • Happi
    Forumite
    sunnyone wrote: »
    I pay my council tax on the first of every month, so do many other people but anyone on full council tax benefit as it was pre April this year under the unitary Durham County Council dont pay a penny council tax and so the rest of us have to carry the can.

Oh and congratulations on managing to pay on the 1st, sadly my cat needed a visit to the vet so he took priority :cool: next month i will try to be timely.
  • mcjordi
    Forumite
    Oh and congratulations on managing to pay on the 1st, sadly my cat needed a visit to the vet so he took priority :cool: next month i will try to be timely.

ooh dear Happi.. the council wont be happy about having their chapange late this month tut tut.. lol

speedy recovery to !!!!! :)

!!!!= cat.. censored the other word for cat :/
    1v100 £15/300
  • Happi
    Forumite
    mcjordi wrote: »
    ooh dear happi.. The council wont be happy about having their chapange late this month tut tut.. Lol

speedy recovery to !!!!! :)

!!!!= cat.. Censored the other word for cat :/

!!!! Em lol
  • MissMoneypenny
    MissMoneypenny Posts: 5,324 Forumite
    sadly my cat needed a visit to the vet so he took priority :cool: next month i will try to be timely.

I thought Council Tax was a priority payment? As in, if you don't pay the installments on time, then the council can demand all that years council tax, in one payment?
    RENTING? Have you checked to see that your landlord has permission from their mortgage lender to rent the property? If not, you could be thrown out with very little notice.
    Read the sticky on the House Buying, Renting & Selling board.

• Dunroamin
    Dunroamin Posts: 16,908 Forumite
    Like i said a very small portion of people in co durham have no tax to pay, the op didn't say which part of co durham he/she was moving to, the point is mute?

You questioned whether the OP actually had any family, I showed you that he did. That is not a moot point.
  • mcjordi
    Forumite
    even if they did move up here for the council tax support are they even gonna save anything? moving from hampshire to durham is gonna cost more than the money they will save on council tax
    1v100 £15/300
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Dunroamin wrote: »
    You questioned whether the OP actually had any family, I showed you that he did. That is not a moot point.

Perhaps Happi meant that it was a dumb point :rotfl:.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport