Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Comments

• Killer, we all love a bit of zombie action. ;) I let my passport lapse since my name has changed & with the way things are going it will be no holidays for me for the next couple of years so why waste 2 years of it!

Kat, that sounds like the scariest thing ever; meeting a new bunch of people and having to prove yourself with directions. I thought you were a woman?! :P Aren't we supposed to be disastrous at this sort of thing?!

My NSD just went out of the window on a trip to Asda for milk, eggs & bread. Got all 3 (well remembered for once!) but also got a GIANT bar of Galaxy, easy microwave fresh veg & 6 packets of baby food (when I cook my own anyway?!) In my defence I feel like death today & I am ready to cry over having to peel potatoes for mash.

Oh AND I split the galaxy down into 10 bags of 8 pieces each. Saves me overeating or grabbing bits as I cook...
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • liltdiddylilt - what a good idea about the chocolate, I also just bought a bar of Galaxy but I bet I won't be as disciplined as you!!!
    Nov NSD: 8/7 Dec NSD: 1/10
    Sealed pot member #1443 2011: £106. 2012: £171
    Ninjakat challenge: Aim to clear two debts by April 2013
    100 day challenge: No toiletries or magazines 19/100 (3 x fails :()
    Extra payment a week challenge: Total to date: £2355.53
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    @lilt: I do love my horror films, been watching bad ones recently. Really bad ones. There's this one called "Chain Letter", someone gets a chain email and if he or she doesn't forward it then they are killed. With a chain.

I NEED my passport! All my jobs require it! All interviews are going "Passport? What do you mean no passport?!" so now I'm having to pay for the fast track one because I cannot stand this anymore. It's an extra £100!! Which was my driving lessons fund. : (

Good idea about the chocolate though! Have you looked on approvedfoods.com? They sometimes have galaxy on there really cheap.

Tomorrow I have another interview, it's the third this week. It's going to cost me like £30 to get there, 2 hours of travelling and 2 hours of maths. I just want a job. : ( My bank balance is going to drop under £1k and that's making me panic like crazy. I need that money to move if I have to! (also refused a free 2k overdraft today and fixed my internet banking). Boom.
  • RichyB71
    RichyB71 Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hey guys, how do you put these lovely signatures on your posts ?

Cheers RichyB
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • killerpeaty
    Hey Richy, look at "User CP" in the green bar just under the open forum sign. Then on the left (I think) is the edit signature option. : )
  • @ Annie & Killer - thanks. I am a seasoned overeater of chocolate, and I have a bridesmaids dress to fit into in March... :/ lol. Plus I spend far too much money on crap if my cupboards start to look bare of junk (sweeties, cakes & chocolate) so I am limiting myself to this 1 big bar and making it LAST! I am also a dab hand at making chocolate cake :)

Killer, gutted for you about the passport thing. Other than as a method of ID which my provisional driving license serves as; I cant think why they would be so obsessed. Are they planning on whisking you away to a foreign paradise?!

I signed up to approved foods yesterday but I can't justify spending on there at the moment as there was nothing I 'needed' haha. Could have bought a tonne!

Really super super good luck on the job interview! Will be so worth the money spent. Can't you claim the money back for the travel from the jobcentre?! Also, my sister has fibro. Do you manage to claim any benefits if you don't mind me asking? She does, I'm sure you could get something to help you!! Although you deal with yours far better than she does as far as I can see!
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • killerpeaty
    I like looking at approvedfoods just to snoop. ha ha.

I need it as proof that I'm legal to work in the UK, I don't have a provisional or license but the form says that I can get one in 3 weeks? Anyone know if this is true? Thank you for the luck, I have to get up at like 5am! Boo! Ha ha. I haven't tried to claim anything yet, I need to go to the doctor, I'm running low on cocodemol (I don't know how to spell it but it's actually magic) and need to check out my current status. Then I will go for DLA/Access to work. I just hate going to the doctor, they always poke me regardless of how much I ask them not to. Tell your sister to try something like this or "tai chi for chronic pain", which teaches you how to manage your activity. The mantra is "no pain no pain", if the discomfort increases then STOP! No hammer time. Or STOP! And listen to the aches. STOP! In the name of love of pete.
  • I also love anything to do with Horror, Zombies and the Paranormal. My shelves are crammed with books and dvds of them. I've just watched Derren Brown, Apocalypse - did anyone else watch it? It will probably be on 4od for another week or so? What did you think if you saw it? I enjoyed it but my sister said she thought the main guy was in on it too?
    Nov NSD: 8/7 Dec NSD: 1/10
    Sealed pot member #1443 2011: £106. 2012: £171
    Ninjakat challenge: Aim to clear two debts by April 2013
    100 day challenge: No toiletries or magazines 19/100 (3 x fails :()
    Extra payment a week challenge: Total to date: £2355.53
  • That makes sense I guess Killer; I did have a passport when I started my current job and probably wouldn't have been looked upon favourably if I didn't have one since we are regulated to hell by the financial services authority :/

When you are up at 5am, spare a though for me. I will be feeding my monster, although I then get to go back to bed and try and sleep for another couple of hours.

It is a long and complicated story but I read my sisters life on twitter when she stops the privacy settings occasionally (she blocked me when I dared to try and follow her to tell her I was pregnant). Haven't spoken to her since Xmas 2009. I miss her to death and she has gotten ill in the time since she stopped talking to my entire family so I guess I can't really tell from her woe is me profile on there exactly how she deals with it. She is a compulsive liar though; I take it all with a pinch of salt. Onwards & Upwards as Kat says.

Annie, was it worth watching. Derren Brown stuff makes me cringe sometimes... And I am a cynic of epic proportions!!!
  • Ahhhh we are discussing zombies eh? Makes me chuckle... cinic of Deren Brown too Lily! Shame but I think that was an epic fake.... otherwise he should have picked up a drain pipe and attacked them...

I am off to bed on that happy note. Another NSD for me so I am chuffed with myself. Off about town tomorrow so will be trying on some rucksacks before researching them online and buying them cheaper.. already found a £120 beauty for £69...WIN!!!

Onwards and Upwards!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure