Thursday 24th July - What small DFW things will you be doing today?

2»

Comments

• natlie wrote: »
    Today I will be hoping that I do not get any phone calls or emails from my solicitor or estate agent as a signature on a piece of paper tomorrow decides whether I join the Debt Free Roll of Honour and finally become debt free for the first time in 15 yrs!!!!

Fingers crossed for you Natlie :T
    I have enough money for the rest of my life... as long as I never have to pay for anything again!

Debt at LBM (2011) £7750. DFD 01/01/2013
  • cocoloco
    cocoloco Posts: 589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 July 2014 at 3:28PM
    Hi Peeps!

Thanks Ally for starting us off and Happy Birthday to Ziggy! :beer:

Lots of moneysaving going on today with everybody, here is are my bits:

Follow up stolen tesco clubcard voulchers- I'm fuming about this!!! :mad::(:mad: £20 worth of voulchers were used in a Tesco Express store 30 miles away in a town we never been to (it must have been taken from the mail). We always keep our clubcard points and get a 2 night hotel break with it- well, unless its sorted it will not happen! :cool: I sent an e-mail last weekto tesco clubcard servives outlining everything and also enquiring how is it possible to use our voulchers without our clubcard?!? Only received an automated message, stil waiting to hear back. In the mean time I changed our clubcard on-line settings so in the future we only get clubcard voulchers on-line. The cheek of some people. :(

B/L/D from home- value pasta and pesto- cheap and quick before going out to my second job tonight. :p

Signed up to Receet app- it looks good and you scan up you receits from a large number everyday retailers and you get ponts for it- rule of thumb- you get 500 points= £1 amazon voulcher for £100 spend. I know its might sound a lot, but you can scan up petrol, food, home improvement and WOMBLED :D receits. Will let you know how if it's worth it?

Complete surveys landed in my inbox- have to keep on top of this!:o

Hope you all have a good day and will be back later hopefully!
    :p "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS FREE FOOD" :p
    'They can have my money but not my life!'
    :eek: Debt & mortgage free in 18 years :eek:
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Do you have a link to that app? That sounds good :D
  • cocoloco
    cocoloco Posts: 589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 July 2014 at 3:29PM
    Hi moomin :hello:

I don't have a link (i'm dumb when it comes to things like this :think:) but if you google 'receet' on your phone once you open it, it will give you the choice to downloaded it in android or itune system.
    I have collected / wombled £200 worth of receits (and 130 tesco points:D) recently , will give it a go tonight and see if I can scan them in. Hope this helps, i'm a bit of a tecnho newbie, just got my first (secondhand) iphone 4- at a tender age of 38!:p

I wonder if Tesco representives reading this tread?:rotfl:
    5 min after I posted about following up about my stolen Tesco clubcard voulchers query I received a reply - they will add the missing amount (£20) onto my November statement and they also checked it and the perpertrator used our clubcard voulchers without a clubcard- wonder how did they get away with it? :cool: Happy with outcome, as I mentioned I changed our clubcard settigns that we only receive our coupons / voulchers online now to prevent this happening again.

As I mentioned, I only got a new (to me) iphone 4 (my first one ever :D) and could anybody recomend any free apps that are good for moneysaving and making money? I will download HUKD and topcashback, is there any other good ones out there. Thanks in advance! :beer:
    :p "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS FREE FOOD" :p
    'They can have my money but not my life!'
    :eek: Debt & mortgage free in 18 years :eek:
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks both :D

I also use Shopitize and Checkoutsmart apps with my shopping and so ok from them :)
  • Hi everyone, hope you've all had a lovely sunny Thursday?!

Here's my list for today:
    All meals from stores
    Collected some parcels from the post office - a few eb@y bargain wins
    Posted an item sold an eb@y too
    Avoided pay and display carpark and went for a limited time space instead - only needed an hour and saved at least £1
    Bought a new dress in the sale for going out with work friends tomorrow, the eb@y item money will pay for this
    Went food shopping and stuck to the list
    Checked bank
    Updated spending diary
    Updated GC spend
    Postcode lottery

Going out tomorrow, but will be getting a lift so shouldn't be too costly. Big day at work tomorrow too, so I will need a drink at the end of it!
    SPC # 348 2014-£169.07/2015 - £156.89
    GC 2014 Feb-Dec £2931.62
    GC 2015 Jan £216.93/£220 Feb £291.97/£215 Mar £213.64/£220 Apr £207.62/£220
    DFBXmas2015 #40 - £3,474.61/£4,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business