PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd December 2012

Comments

• amyloofoo
    amyloofoo Posts: 1,804 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi, hope everyone's well. Due to work and other silly commitments it's been an age since I've done any flyladying (and the poor house is suffering) so I'm back in this week in a big way.

Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level One

Clear the floor of clutter
    Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)
    Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Wipe and water plants
    Level Three
    Wash the windows
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs

Extras
    Get yours overseas cards in the post last dates are this week
    International Airmail
    Wednesday 5 December Asia, Australia, Far East (including Japan), New Zealand
    Friday 7 December Africa, Caribbean, Central America, Middle East and South America
    Monday 10 December Canada, Eastern Europe and USA
    Wednesday 12 December Western Europe

Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out
  • I'm in! I did manage to declutter 2 bags to a charity collection this morning! So my hall looks great - pity about the rest of the place!
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Just back from christmas shopping, did quite well, came home to see on Martin's facebook 20% off at M&S :money: Just reordered most of it online with free delivery. I'll take the rest back on Thursday when I go to town

Is the landing usually covered on a different day? Please say YES!!

Yes
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • trulymadlydeeply_indebt!
    trulymadlydeeply_indebt! Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 December 2012 at 6:44PM
    Wow - well that went tats up!

After lunch I decided it would be good for the children to get some fresh air with a dog walk. After about 40 minutes, the dog decided it was time to go pheasant chasing on private land and once he's on a scent, there is no way on this Earth he will respond to my ensuing cries. After about another half an hour it resulted in me sending the kids back home with strict instructions that should I not be back home by 3.30, they were to get Dad and bring whistles and torches.
    When said dog did finally reappear with a 2ft tongue, he plonked himself down in the muddiest puddle and started to drink the bl@@dy lot. I reckon he's ran about 10 miles. Only just got back in so it's a good job I haven't had school runs today or I would have been well and truly told off by [STRIKE]Hitler[/STRIKE] Headmistress!

On the way back home, I saw the landowner and another gentleman going off in their 4x4 in the direction I had come from. I did wonder if someone has rang him to say there must be a dog after the pheasants as there were about 100 of them in the air all squawking :whistle:

On the plus side, I did spot some fallen down branches which would be great for our fire, so I'm going back out to see if I can hoy them over the fence and put them in the back of the van :T:

Level One
    DONE
    Level Two
    DONE
    Level Three

Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out

My extras:
    [STRIKE]Gather firewood and coal from garage
    Clean the microwave
    Clean the hob - put cleaner on it yesterday afternoon and then forgot about it
    S&S kitchen
    Hoover and mop floor in kitchen[/STRIKE] Done twice - thanks dog!
    Maybe make a start on Sister's present
    [STRIKE]Ring npower re closed account as not impressed at the extra £160 going out of my account this morning, along with the £95 to Scottish Power (my new provider) [/STRIKE] going back in overnight :D

Today has been, erm, interesting!

Think I'll be having a nosey at M&S site before dinner and see if there's owt we could do with for Crimbo.

TMD x
    Decluttering junk and debt in 2016
    Debts - Vanquis £3500 1/1/16; DFD - when I'm dead with £100,000,000+ interest :eek: UPDATED Feb 2016 £2739.80; DFD June 2016 :j
    Next - £1500 1/1/16 DFD about 10 years time. UPDATED Feb 2016 £1371.16; DFD July 2016 :j
    THE GOAL IS TO HAVE NO DEBT BY THE END OF 2016
  • toochoosey
    toochoosey Posts: 7,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Daily routines
    washing, T W T F S S
    swish and swipe kitchen T W T F S S
    bathroom, M T W T F S S
    ironing, M T W T F S S
    making beds, T W T F S S
    vacuuming high traffic areas, T W T F S S
    making meals M T W T F S S

Night-time routines
    preparing clothes for the next day, M T W T F S S
    making lunches, T W T F S S
    swish & swipes of the kitchen M T W T F S S
    tidying the living room M T W T F S S

Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs

Extras
    Get yours overseas cards in the post last dates are this week
    International Airmail

Tree is still not decorated!!! I have been online most of the day trying to sort out what tablet/laptop to get DD that can be used with a dongle................even started a thread!! I have resourted to getting a line put in!!! All ordered as well so hopefully will be in for Christmas.

Going to get dinner on now and think about doing the tree..........
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    As much as I can manage has been done; all the surfaces in the kitchen wiped with anti-bacterial (still following my own schedule);) and I've done the fridge as best I can.

Mr LW did the oven and hob over last night.:A

Large amount of hankies washed; and a top that had to be washed by hand has been done and is currently dripping into the bath as I can't wring it out for tuppence.:cool:

TMD it's amazing how dogs can suddenly develop cloth ears, isn't it?:cool: Tell him Auntie Wolfy says he's a bad boy!:D

Although the range of activities I can manage is getting smaller and smaller, I've managed HHWiiFit (nearly killed myself in the process):eek: I'm deeply upset that I've had to completely abandon the yoga programme I'd sorted out for myself, as I just do not have the range of movement needed. :(

Going to do my Brain Training next.;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • bonnie_bumpkins
    bonnie_bumpkins Posts: 1,245 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2012 at 5:04PM
    Well I was distracted by DD coming home from school early and sharing her vexing day; I'd just had the daily update from my boss about how ill she was and digs at me cutting my volunteer hours, which I did after being led to believe I would get regular paid overtime for her sick & holiday leave and extra hours in the run up to Christmas, and passing up other jobs on this basis....

I feel such a mug and angry at myself for letting them take advantage of :mad::mad: I know it's a charity but to keep someone from applying for other jobs with more hours on the basis of false promises, really??

So basically it was a half hour mother/daughter ranting session :D

Level One

Clear the floor of clutter STAIRS DONE, LR MOSTLY DONE, HALL STILL NEEDS WORK...
    [STRIKE]Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)[/STRIKE] PROB WON'T BOTHER, KIDS DON'T CARE EITHER SO THEY ARE NOT BEING DEPRIVED IN ANY WAY
    Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    [STRIKE]Wipe and water plants[/STRIKE] N/A
    Level Three
    Wash the windows

Extras
    [STRIKE]Get yours overseas cards in the post last dates are this week
    International Airmail
    Wednesday 5 December Asia, Australia, Far East (including Japan), New Zealand
    Friday 7 December Africa, Caribbean, Central America, Middle East and South America

Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out[/STRIKE] TOTALLY N/A
    ;)

Welcome new flyers :T and hello returners and lurking people - yes you jojo!! Come back please I need another cynic to see me through the 'festive season' :cool:

Thank you dusty for this week, and to natty for last week :A

Mega vibes for your friend dusty, and all around her xxxx
    *If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing*
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Just heard on the radio that the Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant.

I must move from here and do a HHC
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Dusty - do a HHC with me at 5pm?
    Natty :santa2:

I got home from work and put the DW on, stripped our bed and put the sheets in and then fell over for a bit. I need to iron, hoover and try and clear some more of the junk piles tonight.

£25 off a £75 on Ocado (includes existing customers) via O2 priority moments - tempted to stock up on dolce gusto. I forgot to do my Mr S Christmas booking this morning as well :cool:
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • cyclingyorkie
    cyclingyorkie Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 December 2012 at 6:05PM
    And in hospital with severe morning sickness apparently... she has my sympathies..

bonnie - we have mother/daughter rants too.....

DD2 applied to the school where I work to be an MSA - there were 3 applicants for 2 jobs - the third applicant would be asked to do 'supply' for us.

DD2 is amply qualified, has a valid paediatric first aid certificate and has been working with schoolage children for a year now. But she is only 18 - and this was her primary school 8 years ago.

DD2 got the supply job. Cue raised eyebrows. One position has gone to the old 'supplier' - that's fair. I am looking forward to meeting the person better qualified than DD2 - she will have to be awesome!

DD2 was interviewed by the school admin person - her feedback was that she was the only person to answer all the questions and she talked really well about her experience - she interviewed really well. Apparently admin person didn't make the decision....
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport