MSE News: Nationwide launches saving rate drop alerts

Options
"Nationwide savings customers should sign up to a free service that alerts them when their rate dives ..."

Comments

• oldvicar
    oldvicar Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    Nationwide = On your side
  • Radionotme
    Radionotme Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    We should sign up for this service, but no link to point us in the right direction?
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    What is the point in saving in these banks/Building societies if you don't get a fair rate of return? You are better off taking your savings off of your mortgage or using them to buy gold.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • chris1
    chris1 Posts: 582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Radionotme wrote: »
    We should sign up for this service, but no link to point us in the right direction?
    You have to log in to set it up.

By agreeing to SavingsWatch you are also agreeing to ALL Nationwide marketing information by ALL means, e.g. phone calls, post etc. even if you have already opted out.
  • Skoorb
    Skoorb Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 June 2012 at 11:27AM
    Options
    From their website (http://www.nationwide.co.uk/savings/savingswatch/)
    Registering for SavingsWatch is quick and easy to do!

We just need you to save* with us, be aged 16 or over and hold and provide a valid email address; and a valid mobile telephone number, if you want to receive SavingsWatch rate updates by SMS.

Please note: when you register for SavingsWatch you are consenting to receive marketing communications by letter, telephone, email, SMS and other electronic means relating to SavingsWatch and other Nationwide products and services. Even if you had previously notified Nationwide that you did not wish to receive marketing communications. Rest assured we will only let you know about those things that we believe will be of interest to you.

To subscribe in branch

Visit your local branch where one of our Customer representatives will be pleased to assist you.

To register via the Nationwide Online Bank

You'll need to be registered for online banking:

Select SavingsWatch from Quick Links on the Account Summary screen
    Select your preferred method of rate notification, agree to the terms and conditions and click 'subscribe'.

They have a self satisfied video guide at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgdFtKLf84
  • Hooloovoo
    Hooloovoo Posts: 1,281 Forumite
    Options
    chris1 wrote: »
    By agreeing to SavingsWatch you are also agreeing to ALL Nationwide marketing information by ALL means, e.g. phone calls, post etc. even if you have already opted out.

I'll give that a miss then.
  • Nationwide_company_representative
    Nationwide_company_representative Posts: 11 Organisation Representative
    Options
    chris1 wrote: »
    You have to log in to set it up.

Hi Chris

We’ll only contact customers on average an additional three or four times per year outside of the SavingsWatch service. We’ll also only contact customers about things we believe are suitable to them.

Thanks

Anthony from the Nationwide media relations team.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Nationwide Building Society. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • lippy1923
    lippy1923 Posts: 1,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is a really good idea, but I don't see why Nationwide just dont bother to put the interest rate your getting online. On my halifax online, I can click the accounts I have and see the interest rates for everything.
    Total Mortgage OP £61,000
    Outstanding Mortgage £27,971
    Emergency Fund £62,100
    I AM NOW MORTGAGE NEUTRAL!!!! <<Sep-20>>

• oldvicar
    oldvicar Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    lippy1923 wrote: »
    ...I don't see why Nationwide just dont bother to put the interest rate your getting online. On my halifax online, I can click the accounts I have and see the interest rates for everything.

They do. Try logging in to your accounts.
  • chris1
    chris1 Posts: 582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We’ll only contact customers on average an additional three or four times per year outside of the SavingsWatch service. We’ll also only contact customers about things we believe are suitable to them.
    Anthony from the Nationwide media relations team.
    If you opt for SavingsWatch by email then maybe that's acceptable, but for anyone who doesn't want telephone marketing, it isn't...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure