Best Place To Park For Wembley Stadium ?

I've been lucky enough to bag some tickets for the England v Brazil game at the new Wembley Stadium on 1st June but don't know where to park !

We'll be travelling up the M4 and plan to park up somewhere convenient and get the tube in but has anybody got any recommendations about places to park on the West side of London, near to a suitable tube station for Wembley, that will still be open when we get back late in the evening ??

Cheers all.

Comments

• Raspberry_Swirl
    Raspberry_Swirl Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    for £15 you can park next to the stadium. or for prices around £10 you can park in one of the 'not recommended' car parks in the industrial estate next to the stadium also.

by the time you've paid for parking elsewhere, paid for the tube and then spent an hour trying to force your way into the tube station when 70,000+ people are all doing the same after the match, i'd pay £15 and park at the stadium.

usually, you can pre-book your £15 parking on the wembley website.
  • Graham_Lee_2
    Graham_Lee_2 Posts: 123 Forumite
    Cant help you on the car parking but it may be advisable to sell the car before the match if your planning on having a couple of burgers during the game. :)
  • for £15 you can park next to the stadium. or for prices around £10 you can park in one of the 'not recommended' car parks in the industrial estate next to the stadium also.

by the time you've paid for parking elsewhere, paid for the tube and then spent an hour trying to force your way into the tube station when 70,000+ people are all doing the same after the match, i'd pay £15 and park at the stadium.

usually, you can pre-book your £15 parking on the wembley website.
    a friend done this at the foo fighter gig. we didn't . OH and i parked at Stanmore tube and tubed into wembly, we got home at 12.45am (80mile trip), just as our mate left the car park at wembly:eek:. so better park a way away and get the tube with the hoards!!
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    If you're coming up the M4, you could come round the M25 and take the Metropolitan line in. Plenty of choices. I always use Chorleywood. The parking is cheap, the fare is £1 each way with an Oyster card and most people are packed into the trains going just about everywhere else, which means that I generally get a seat, and I've done this tons of times to both the arena and the stadium. You do however need to check that there are no engineering works on the line that weekend though.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    the only place i'd recommend is for the M1 coming in at J1, st johns wood tube has a pay car park directly opposite...

M
  • debsjc
    debsjc Posts: 3,219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As you come along the north circular, you will see Wembley Stadium signposted down a small road next to a Mcdonalds (just before Ikea) - we parked in a church hall car park just past that Mcdonalds. It was £10 and a half hour walk, but we did escape at the end without sitting in any traffic.

As we walked there were lots of private companies offering their car parks for a fee, so we probably could have parked even closer - they were mostly about £10-15
  • PaulA
    PaulA Posts: 52 Forumite
    markymoo wrote: »
    the only place i'd recommend is for the M1 coming in at J1, st johns wood tube has a pay car park directly opposite...

M

Why on earth would you go to St Johns Wood from the M1 to get to Wembley?:confused:

Much better off parking near Dollis Hill or Kingsbury, or getting off at J4 and parking near Cannons Park.
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    PaulA wrote: »
    Why on earth would you go to St Johns Wood from the M1 to get to Wembley?:confused:

Much better off parking near Dollis Hill or Kingsbury, or getting off at J4 and parking near Cannons Park.

i was confused last night myself and didn't consult a tube map.
  • ive stopped at watford junction and got on the tube there then on the way back i didnt get one bit of traffic getting onto the motorway.
    ive also heard albert square isnt to great for parking especially if theres a market on so stay away from walford!
  • Incapuppy
    Incapuppy Posts: 5,713 Forumite
    Another 'lets resurrect an old and meaningless thread' - the OP wanted advice two years ago!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure