could i describe this repair by Shorade as fraudulent?

Comments

• tir21
    tir21 Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Exactly. How much?

the 2k repair bill for it to have been repaired properly
  • tir21 wrote: »
    well I've called them fraudulent in my facebook review so we'll see what happens

Well Mr Turner, it's not really very sensible saying that as anyone can now go to Facebook and find out all about you.
  • tir21
    Well Mr Turner, it's not really very sensible saying that as anyone can now go to Facebook and find out all about you.

there is not much of interest to know really
  • tir21
    edited 8 September 2017 at 1:54PM
    angrycrow wrote: »

The photo shows a perfectly acceptable repair using plastic welding. This is how they repair car bumpers after accidents and is as strong as the original material and an industry accepted practice.

how can you say it was a perfectly acceptable repair without seeing the bumper from the outside? Is it possible you are just a bit cantankerous?
  • wgl2014
    wgl2014 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    tir21 wrote: »
    the 2k repair bill for it to have been repaired properly

But didn't they pay that?

If they charged you 2k to replace parts and it then transpired they glued the original part together that could be fraudulent but what you have described is nothing like that.
  • tir21
    edited 8 September 2017 at 3:30PM
    wgl2014 wrote: »
    But didn't they pay that?

If they charged you 2k to replace parts and it then transpired they glued the original part together that could be fraudulent but what you have described is nothing like that.

i disagree. i think bodges can be described as fraudulent because it's not doing the job properly. Shorades website says only pefect will do - so how can gluing something that should be bolted to a bracket be described as perfect?
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    i disagree. i think bodges can be describes as fraudulent because it's not doing the job properly. Shorades website says only pefect will do - so how can gluing something that should be bolted to a bracket be described as perfect?

Doing the "job properly" is doing the job to an acceptable standard not returning it to new, unless the car is new.
    Without looking at the whole job it would be difficult to access if it was carried out to an acceptable standard.
    There is nothing wrong with glue as long as it is not unsightly, many cars are glued together these days.
    Who knows who caused the damage but they took responsibility for it and repaired it at their cost, except for the inconvenience of being without your car I cant see why you think you have been treated badly!
  • wgl2014
    wgl2014 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    i disagree. i think bodges can be described as fraudulent because it's not doing the job properly. Shorades website says only pefect will do - so how can gluing something that should be bolted to a bracket be described as perfect?

Did they tell you they had replaced the parts/ bolted them onto the bracket? If not what you describe may be poor workmanship (or not depending on opinion) but I still don't see where you get fraudulent.

Fraud implies they have lied to or deceived you in some way. Failing to live up to a slogan on a website falls far short of this.

Be prepared to back up your claims if the company takes issue with your comments and decides to sue you (In my opinion unlikely, I guess they will be glad you are no longer a customer and have to deal with you).
  • tir21
    edited 8 September 2017 at 4:36PM
    mgl

"Did they tell you they had replaced the parts/ bolted them onto the bracket?"

No - but neither did they tell me the bracket was no longer there - which I see as with holding what is relevant information - if the repair was to be done to a satisfactory standard

i consider it deception because the MD said the repair was acceptable but when he saw the glue he said it was unacceptable and below their usual standards
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    "Did they tell you they had replaced the parts/ bolted them onto the bracket?"

No - but neither did they tell me the bracket was no longer there - which I see as with holding what is relevant information - if the repair was to be done to a satisfactory standard

Doesn't change the fact that being 'incompetent' and being fraudulent are two very different things. One is a criminal offence the other not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure