Easyjet booking problem

Hello Guys

New to this board but have used the gambling loophole board before.

I have an issue with an easyjet booking. I am going on a trip with a few mates and I booked the flights. I have missed off one of the lads middle names and a second mate uses his second name for e.g. imagine his real name is Archibold Windsor Smythe, he gets called Windsor so I only entered Windsor Smythe on the booking (This is not his real name by the way;) ).

Question is, will this be a problem?

For the first mate his name is correct but his middle name is missing from the booking, for the second one the name on the booking does appear on his passport but it is a middle name.

Any experience of anything similar and wether we will encounter problems at check in would be gratefully recieved.

Comments

• hammy_the_hammer
    hammy_the_hammer Posts: 1,824 Forumite
    the missing middle name isn't a problem .....you don't need to supply middle names and adding them just increases the chance of a mistake.
    with regards to the 'wrong' name i would contact easyjet immediately to rectify it
  • ince_mon
    ince_mon Posts: 323 Forumite
    Archibold Windsor.:rotfl: :T
  • Rytonian
    Rytonian Posts: 15 Forumite
    OK, thanks for the advice, I took it and rang easy jet. After finaly getting through their 'customer service experience' I managed to speak to a human, who much to my surprised was not only happy to confirm that the missing middle name would not be an issue (I checked this with passport control as well and they also confirmed it was not a problem), he then also agreed to add my other mates first name to the booking free of charge:eek: :D .

When I tried on-line they wanted to charge me £20 each way to change it plus an uplift of the difference in the fare between when I booked it in November and the cost of the flight yesterday. Total cost would have been £116 per change.

I really thought they would ask me to pay, as it was my mistake and it is clearly outlined in their t&c's, so full marks to them for being reasonable on this one.

Archibold is a happy bunny as he thought he was stopping at home!! Gives us a few more beer tokens for our trip;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure