The great Lidl/Aldi beauty hunt....

Comments

• needmoney
    needmoney Posts: 4,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    treliac wrote: »
    That's a real blow. It was lovely stuff and cheap enough to use on feet, elbows etc. etc. - anywhere in fact ;)

Do you think that if enough of us complained, Lidl might be able to get the original manufacturer back ? frown.gif

I shall have to check the ingredients of the new one. AFAIK the retinol / retinyl palmitate (vitamin A) is one of the most important ingredients.

I doubt it very much, would be nice though, it was lovely stuff much nicer than the famous Aldi one.
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• harryharp
    harryharp Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My Dad reckons the razors sold by Aldi are just as good as Gillette or Wilkinson Sword, and they're a fraction of the price.
  • HH62
    HH62 Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just bumping this thread up again to say that I think the Lacura (Aldi) Volume Mascara is fab. It was £1.99 and it's just as good as MaxFactor Masterpiece that cost me about £8.I also like that the tube is smaller than usual, even though there isn't any less amount of mascara. I'm fussy about mascara, and though this doesn't give you that huge 'false' eyelash look that I like for night time, this one is a great basic daytime mascara.
    Worth a look.
  • It was on a thread the other day about the concelar from Aldi it is fab and just as good as the YSL one
    Loves Vegas shopping and beauty products!
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    This is SPOOKY!!:D On Saturday I was chatting to a lady (late 60s) and her skin looked fab. It seemed to have a lovely healthy glow to it and was flawless. She loked better than I'd seen her for years! I asked her if she'd been for a facial and she laughed and said "I bought some stuff from Lidl a few weeks ago and I've been using that."

Naturally I went and bought some myself ;) asap and its in a black tube called Iseree Intensive Anti Wrinkle Cream it was only £2 something.

Just checked the contents and it does have Retinyl Palmitate - as someone asked earlier.
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Oooh, thanks - I'll be off to Lidl tomorrow then :D
  • I have just noticed that this thread has re-emerged from the depths. I have now tried the Aldi Cream and think it is pretty good.

You can find my detailed review on my blog.

http://colinsbeautypages.co.uk/aldi-day-moisturising-cream-and-night-nourishing-cream-review/
    Student of the science of beauty
  • HH62
    I've got that Aldi cream - the night cream version. I haven't tried it yet as I'm using up a pot of something else but I may give it a try tonight.
  • HH62
    Just an update, went into Aldi today and the Lacura Volume Mascara is now £2.49 but I checked the MF Masterpiece Max and that was nearly a tenner in Boots.
  • The Aldi concealer in Cashmere colour at £3.49 is BETTER than YSL Touche Eclat - and I should know because I reckon I could have almost paid my mortgage off with the amount I have spent on undereye concealer in the last 20 years! I just bought the Lacura foundation for DD1 for Easter as when I used the tester the colour (transparent - which is actually a light ivory colour)and texture were really nice. I don't use foundation so am looking forward to seeing what she thinks of it. I buy the Aldi antibacterial handwash for approx 69p (It may have gone up because I bought a load of it some time ago and am still using it up), which is lovely and smells really fresh. The Lacura Anti-aging hand cream is fab too - I used to use Liz Earle Hand Repair and this stuff seems to work better - you don't get the lovely smell of Liz Earle but at 79p against over £8 I think that's a fair trade off! One thing I didn't like were the make up remover wipes from Aldi - the LAcura ones. I use Soap and Glory wipes and they leave my skin feeling really nice, but the Aldi ones stang my face and it felt all tight and dry. Great thread! I am going to get some of the Lacura Mascara next time I go to Aldi.
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure