Chip Chip Hooray!!

Comments

• Chip_Hazard
    Chip_Hazard Posts: 528 Forumite
    Another good day today, only spending £4.00. That was two lots of £2.00 subs for the twins football match which they drew....:rolleyes: . I went into the pub afterwards as I'd worked up a thirst refereeing just as the head coach ( who won £130 on a horse I tipped him off about ) was buying....:D

I've updated the football teams website and finished the monthly newsletter off too so quite a productive day really...:A

Busy day tomorrow. I have my regular work from 7am - 8am and 5pm - 7pm. I've also started to stagnate in my weight loss programme; after losing two stone in little over seven weeks, I've stayed the same lately, so I'm going to start walking to the newsagents 1.5 miles away every morning. There is a more local one but a three mile walk would shift those pounds a bit quicker.

I also have a job interview at 10.45am tomorrow. You know the HIP's that you need now in order to sell a house? They're looking for the inspectors here to go around folk's houses and assess them for the HIP. It's quite good money, I think I can fit the training in between customers and it'll fit in well with looking after the boys.

Speaking of which I miss them when they go home. I've had them every single weekend for three years now and always cry when they go. It's tricky when they go home straight from football as there's dozens of people about but I do wonder whether it'll ever get easier...:( :(:(
    When there's no-one left to leave you, even you don't quite believe you, that's when nothing can deceive you...:rolleyes:

"And that old grey wind is blowing and theres nothing left worth knowing then it's time I should be going" ..:think:
  • bestmumof3
    bestmumof3 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Why don't you do the official referee course [not sure where you stay though]. My OH did that several years ago; can make up to £100 at the weekend
  • bestmumof3
    bestmumof3 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Why don't you do the official referee course [not sure where you stay though]. My OH did that several years ago; can make up to £100 at the weekend

Although, so far this year, only one match has gone ahead due to all the adverse weather conditions:):) It can certainly be counted as extra money and not budgeted money.
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,571
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi
    The HIP job sounds quite interesting - maybe you'll pick up some tips to save your fuel bills too.
    Will you get the boys for a bit at easter? my ex and I share the hols one week each so it'd be something for you to look ahead to where you get a bit more time together... Then after easter there's the countdown to a couple of weeks together in the summer and so on... I wish his dad was a bit closer so we could "share" him during the week as they miss each other too.
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Nov 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £1500/7000

Mortgage balance: £53705

• Chip_Hazard
    Bestmumof3 - I am a qualified referee already but it was more than ten years ago and as such, I'd probably have to take it again. The club chairman's son wants to do it next year so I could do it with him ( he's only 13 ) and it would be company for him...

Skintspice - I'm not sure yet about Easter. My football team are at home on the Friday so I'll pick them up around 11am instead of the usual 3.15pm from school and I won't be working on Easter Monday so I could squeeze some more time out of them...:D

Just dusted off the CV for tomorrow, now to find my suit. Anyone got a loft ladder?? :confused::D
    When there's no-one left to leave you, even you don't quite believe you, that's when nothing can deceive you...:rolleyes:

"And that old grey wind is blowing and theres nothing left worth knowing then it's time I should be going" ..:think:
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,571
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just dusted off the CV for tomorrow, now to find my suit. Anyone got a loft ladder?? :confused::D

yep, but it's in my loft! good luck tomorrow.:D
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Nov 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £1500/7000

Mortgage balance: £53705

• creamcheese
    creamcheese Posts: 295 Forumite
    Good luck for tomorrow, Chip. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

The 3 mile round trip to the newsagent's sounds good. Shame you're not close enough to take my dog with you - she'd love it! :D
    Proud to be a Clob Clubber :beer:
  • (Land_of)_Maz
    (Land_of)_Maz Posts: 11,738 Forumite
    Hello Mister Chip... sounds like you are very focused and extremely organised! Well done and keep up the good work, will be reading with interest...

I'm a sucker for a loving dad story me!
    I'm just a seething mass of contradictions....
    (it's part of my charm!)
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I hope that you are saving for you income tax and national insurance, as this wasn't in your list of outgoings?
    well done on the start of your journey.

Also well done on maintaining contact with your children. No matter how hard it is for you when they leave they will be storing up lots of positive memories
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Chip_Hazard
    Well that was a waste of 90 minutes of my time then...:mad:

Got down there, had a joint interview with another candidate then an easy aptitude test. The interviewer quietly slipped into the spiel that we'd have to pay for our own training which would cost £6,800 + VAT ( £7,990 ) plus other expenses along the way, probably another £1,000 at least.:eek: :eek: . Maybe I was naive to think it would be free training but I wasn't expecting that level of financial commitment.

After that disappointment, I treated myself to a ham salad megabap with a slice of Australian crunch. As if to confirm my decision not to proceed with the HIP job, the lady behind the counter has a son who took the course last year and he gets very little work....:confused:

Anyway I failed my own aptitude test before I got there. I have two suits, very similar to look at and you can guess what I'd done; jacket from one, trousers from the other.... if he had asked why I had an odd suit on, I'd have said "It's not odd, I've got another one like this at home!"....

Right, finish my coffee then off for a walk to the newsagents.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure