Taxis 2008 diary..here we go

Comments

• HUgs for you thats long hours driving! Can understand why though as you must take the dosh whe you can and at least you have light at the end of the tunel with a break in Jan too! Have a nice couple of days off!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Thanks for that ..it has to be done...can't say I'm looking forward to it but needs must if I've to try and clear 20k
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi Taxi. I didn't read your old thread TBH as I would have spent hours catching up. However I will put myself down for daily updates as I would like to know how you get on.
    Good luck with next years challenge and I hope all the people of your town decide to catch a taxi when you are on duty.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning, Taxi! I hope you have a good evening tonight and don't have a hangover tomorrow!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • taxi73
    MOrning Tealady, Hypno and anyone else reading...
    Thankyou ..you 2 are both about early ...there were 2 reasons I started the new diary..the first as it was such a large challenge that I was starting and I would've started one after christmas and the second was because a lot of newbies would be joining about this time it would be too much for them to read through the first diary as Tealady rightly pointed out.
    This morning , I've not been up long so haven't done much yet though I've checked online banking,quidco and pigsback...my quidco money has gone in this morning £28.66...so that will get paid off a bill at some time...
    I 'm not really bothered about going out tonight to tell you the truth ..it's miles away..about 9 I think..so will go down in the car and leave it there overnight and get a taxi back (£15-£20)..then the person whos house it is is picking either myself or DH up tomorrow to collect the car to drive back...DH is paying for the taxi back...can you tell men arranged it!!!...the other person could've saved hassle by picking us up in the first place...lol...ahh well...I haven't got anything to wear that fits either so may go to T.esco or somewhere to buy something...I'm also a large size so am limited to what shops I can use...will think about it over my brew....have a good day everyone..take care xx
  • taxi73
    Morning fellow DFWs...how are we this morning?...
    I've got a bit of a hangover as went to the party last night..it turned out to be really good in the end. I have to pick my car up from there later...
    I did buy myself a pair of trousers yesterday which were very much needed £15 and a lovely top £18 that wasn't needed but was lovely..so £33 for a complete outfit...so not bad...a bit naughty really re the top...I even put make up on last night and did my hair first time in ages..I think I must be a bit depressed on the quiet...
    Today I'm chilling out as I'm back at work tomorrow...just tottering about and maybe a little housework as I need to have it done by the 17th december as BT is coming to fit my internet but may leave it until that weekend to clean the house top to bottom as I'll have no internet that weekend fron the 14th -16th...just going to update sig as my holiday fund and tax money has been transferred...take care xxx
  • taxi73
    Hi everyone..hope you're all well...my little grandson has just been around coughing and spluttering...bless him...he's excited about Santa visiting and spent a long time telling me all about ...bless him..
    Not a lot happening here but hoping to pay my Barclays off on monday ...so that will be nice....apart from that nothing happening..christmas is done and wrapped....just a few cards to write..
    Good news!!!!!..while typing this DH phoned me to say he had a message to phone the office...good news the pid...le pot woman that peed in the cab the other week has phoned and asked DH to pick up the £33 she owes us ...£3 fare ..£30 soiling charge...so I've asked him to phone me if he gets it...won't hold my breath..but it would be great to have what is owed..take care xx
  • Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    oooh - that's good news - surprised you've heard from her!

Hope DGS gets better soon bless him - it's great when they get all excited about Santa and Christmas - William has no idea lol.

Sea xxxx
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
  • taxi73
    I was shocked as well...she told the office to tell us to come tonight for it...hope she's not mucking us about...JJ totally understands it ..I was shocked he knew loads and he's not 3 until januauary...he told santa to send his bike and scooter to nana jackies in manchester cos he has one at grandmas and one at mummys house and not at nannas...santa was trying to keep a straight face...he asked him if he wanted anything else and he said anything at grandmas and mummys....told santa that he'd leave magic milk (milkshake)...cos he doesn't like milk ..it's yucky...and to come in the door because the fire is burny!!!!..not bad for2....he understands too much sometimes....lol...he had me in stitches....
  • aww thats sweet! They so get it dont they! My godaughters were trying to guess their Christmas presents today but I was having none of it! One was convinced I was getting her a glass bauble!! The littley got upset when I left which was SOOO sweet!! I dont see them that often (an hour an a half drive away) so lovely that they love me that much!
    Great news re the woman paying for siling the car! Keep usposted! Ttally get it re being a large size & I have to say now I can shop anywhere its bliss, althogugh back up to a 16 but stil down from a 24..hugs for you in that! Fab that you're getting going on the challenge. Well done you!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure