Google Nexus 6P known battery issues & out of warranty

Options
Mat_Lock
Mat_Lock Posts: 2,386 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi

Just finished speaking to Google online chat about my Nexus 6P which is suffering from a known admitted boot-loop and battery drain issue. Unfortunately I didn't react with Google until now which is 1 month and 4 days out of warranty.

As it is a known fault admitted by Huawei and Google and I bought it on credit card I am wondering if I can instigate section 75 for the fault. It is just over 2 years old but the device is suffering badly from this issue. It can drain battery in a few hours or randomly shuts down at anywhere between 20 - 60% battery life left.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Will Huawei/Google not honour a repair?
  • Ginger_Scarlet
    Options
    Mat_lock, as you're probably aware, this stems from two design faults with the Nexus 6P.

I didn't buy mine at the outset from Google, instead I acquired it just over a year ago through an Amazon estore. Mine therefore is still within Huawei's warranty.

However, the line Huawei are taking at the moment (from my own research and, it seems the experience of @simon_bateson on Twitter - well worth following) is there is a parts shortage with no estimated date of those parts becoming available.

Here is the note I got from SBE, Huawei's UK service centre:

Good afternoon,
    Thank you for contacting SBE, please be informed
    that unfortunately the part needed for the repair of your
    device is currently not in stock and there is no ETA. We are
    in regular contact with the manufacturer to have this issue
    resolved.Alternatively you can contact Huawei at 08000886700
    to discuss any alternate solution whilst we wait for the
    parts to arrive.
    ​​Kind regards

Customer services
    SBE LTD UK

Huawei are taking repairs for out of warranty handsets but there will be a charge for the repair, and, as I say, the wait may be lengthy (I have been without my handset for 16 days now, seems Mr Bateson has been in the same boat for 26 days). Suggest you call the number above to discuss your options for a repair.

I am currently reviewing my legal options to force Huawei's hand on this in my case. Anyone who can advise on this, please let me know.

Cheers
  • Mat_Lock
    Mat_Lock Posts: 2,386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for the information. I will give that number a call to check and see where i stand. The transcript I have from my online chat suggested my expected date of warranty expire was January 2018 but my proof of purchase for. Google was from 16th November 2015. So it is out of warranty but by 1 month which is why I'm looking for a way around this. The faults have been existent for some time but put it down to my usage until I read all about the issues.

There's a guy on a different forum that only registered his faults out of warranty and he got given a new pixel XL instead. But think that was from google and of course they declined to comment on other people's situations. Which is lame as.

I have use of my work phone but of course that's still not ideal as i want my personal phone back asap. Especially given as it's Christmas now. Postage will be all over the place.

Not good hearing 16 days and 26 days so far already. Huawei need to be held accountable or provide alternative hardware.

It's such a shame the nexus line ended on such a sour grape. Having been pure android since the beginning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure