Glasses....anyone buy from Selectspecs or eyewearcentre?

Comments

• I'd only purchase from Selectspecs if you're buying cheaper glasses.

I just received, after several weeks of waiting, 2 pairs of prescription Oakleys and they're terrible. Vision is out of focus and I tried wearing them for 10 mins and got a migraine.

Selectspecs say that because they're vairfocals it will take several weeks for me to get used to them, even though I've been wearing different varifocals for 6 years with no issues at all.

I asked for a refund and was told that prescription glasses are considered 'bespoke' and you're not covered by the distance selling regulations.

That was the easiest £450 I've every wasted, cheap does not necessarily good!

Lesson learnt.
  • I am considering buying the Prada glasses which are over half the price of high street stores. So tempting but I'm worried about the lens quality.
  • pinkcloud
    pinkcloud Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    u000533 wrote: »
    I'd only purchase from Selectspecs if you're buying cheaper glasses.

I just received, after several weeks of waiting, 2 pairs of prescription Oakleys and they're terrible. Vision is out of focus and I tried wearing them for 10 mins and got a migraine.

Selectspecs say that because they're vairfocals it will take several weeks for me to get used to them, even though I've been wearing different varifocals for 6 years with no issues at all.

I asked for a refund and was told that prescription glasses are considered 'bespoke' and you're not covered by the distance selling regulations.

That was the easiest £450 I've every wasted, cheap does not necessarily good!

Lesson learnt.
    They are still subject to Sales of Goods provisions and have to be fit for the purpose.

The Selectspecs rep on here should answer this.

pinkcloud
  • I would drive to their new shop, but I think a 400 mile round trip is ridiculous, although it might be better than wasting my money.

I've tried quoting acts at them and it seems to get you no where fast.

Its quite funny how on their website home page they have customer testimonials displayed and many of them are complaints, which makes you think they don't really care very much about their customers.
  • pinkcloud
    pinkcloud Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    There are plenty of complaints earlier in this thread and it was said that it would be preferable for this company to sort these problems within the company rather than resort to this kind of public forum.

The company representative on here has not yet responded?

pinkcloud
  • SelectSpecs_company_representative
    SelectSpecs_company_representative Posts: 159 Organisation Representative
    u000533

What was your order number so I can look into this for you?
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Select Specs. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Its 213938

regards

u000533
    Its 213938

regards

u000533

Thanks, I've passed this on to our optician to have a look at.
    I am the official company representative of Select Specs. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Its 213938

regards

u000533

Ok I have spoken to our optician and our customer service team will be in contact shortly about this for you to send your frames back to us. We will also need a spare pair of your existing glasses so we can check the PD of your order against your older glasses, as we think your PD measurement may be causing the issue with vision problems.

Once we have checked your glasses we will let you know our findings for a solution.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
  • What;s your warranty on prescription glasses and sunglasses?

I want to get raybans but they only do polarized lenses at 1.61 not 1.74 :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport