MrCloud

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    MrCloud,

To post on here as a company representative requires permission from the MSE team. Before posting further, I suggest that you contact Abuse (click on the red triangle on your post) and ask permission.

Thank you.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • i am genuine craig as i said there is my order info
    Order #3921 (Accepted)Order Date: Wednesday 14 November, 2007
    UShipping MethodFirst Item, Plus Additional Items ((1.99 first item, 0.99 each additional item))Products1 xClockwork Orange T-shirt
    - Size: Adult Medium
    - Color: Red
  • Butlers1982
    Butlers1982 Posts: 3,286 Forumite
    That's not how we do business

So your way is doing it on an open forum rather than dealing with customers direct - winner!:rotfl:
    i have sent you numerous e mails and left messages on the mobile number and got no reply

Were you sat there and thought "i know, ill do all my business on moneysavingexpert?" :rotfl:

PS like DMG says, you should post on here without permission from the MODS if your "saying" your from a company.;)
  • Anetares
    Anetares Posts: 88 Forumite
    Martin, if I were concerned about the use of copyrighted materials I would contact FACT. The Federation Against Copyright Theft is an organisation which is linked with the UK charity Crimestoppers, they deal mainly with media type copyright misuse, I think something such as reprinting images without permission would fall into the same rough category.

You can find their reporting form here:
    http://www.fact-uk.org.uk/site/contact/com_form.htm

There are also the people whose property it is in the first place, you can contact directly the companies who own the logos. You mentioned an A Clockwork Orange t-shirt; this film was produced by Warner Bros. and Hawk Pictures, so I would contact Warner Bros. with the details. You can google up Atari's site and find contact links for them too, and with any other company whose logo you are concerned may have been or may potentially be misused.
    Operating on ebay was mentioned. Quite often, large companies can be very interested in the actions, past and present, of ebay traders who infringe upon their copyrighted material and you may even find information on how to contact these companies on ebay itself. Even if the person/company you are concerned about does not trade on ebay any longer, the information there can still be helpful.

Lastly, you can also contact Crimestoppers directly and anonymously on 0800 555 111. They, in conjunction with the Met Piracy Unit, are dealing with things like this as well as more common DVD and music theft.

Let's be clear, Martin appears to have concerns, being concerned over something does not defacto equal libel, so long as he watches his step. He has every right to report something if, as a consumer, he is concerned that, for instance, the improper use of intellectual property may result in himself and other consumers receiving sub-standard merchandise. That's just an example. And, of course, if the company/person in question is totally above board, there is nothing to worry about as any investigation will soon exonerate them of any wrongdoing.

Anyway, I hope that helps, Martin. And I hope anyone else who has had troubles with the organisation "Mr Cloud" receives an expedient resolution to their problems. What I would suggest as a good way to solve everything is if the people/persons/employees of "Mr Cloud" start responding to the numerous emails people here appear to have sent them in the past, in an appropriate manner. That means not being rude, not spouting off, not accusing people of libel when they are understandably at the end of their tether with a difficult situation.
    Using words such as "claim" with irate customers, insinuating people are not genuine, and inviting people to identify themselves in public on an internet forum are not top customer service rules. They don't make people happy. Receiving what they pay for does.
  • MrCloud
    MrCloud Posts: 35 Forumite
    I completely agree with what you say Anetares. I have made it explicit that we are willing to help anyone who has a problem as long as they are civil. What we won't do is leave completely unfounded allegations and outright lies unchallenged. We will challenge such unproven accusations as robustly as possible. If this means upsetting people then so be it. Without fail the most extreme allegations have come form anonymous individuals who have never dealt with us. We owe such people nothing and we certainly will pursue any available legal action against them or those who allow those views to be distributed. We have a firm grasp of the libel laws and are willing to pay to use them.
  • MrCloud
    Using words such as "claim" with irate customers, insinuating people are not genuine, and inviting people to identify themselves in public on an internet forum are not top customer service rules. They don't make people happy. Receiving what they pay for does.
    I ask customers to identify themselves as people are posting anonymously and it is clear that individuals who have never dealt with us are entering a discussion that doesn't involve them. They can identify themselves via email or via stating who they are here. It is certainly not my choice to deal with the matter in this manner so please don't be offended by the practicalities of dealing with issues in this way. My own details have been illegally posted in this thread, where are your concerns regarding this issue?

Martin claims to have emailed me several times but no email has been received. This is almost certainly down to his IP range being blocked due to abuse. This may have come form himself but is more likely to have come from some other individual in the same range. We may therefore have stumbled upon the reason why Martin had such trouble contacting us.
  • Anetares
    Anetares Posts: 88 Forumite
    I notice "..or those who allow those allegations to be distributed.".. Does that mean you intent to pursue legal action against this forums owner(s)? It says at the top of this page as you write that "posts are not monitored! - Please report Abuse, Spam, Offensive, Illegal, Racist, or Libellous Posts/PMs".. So if you truly do have any issues arising from this thread, just click and report. It's not like you have no recourse here.

You say the most extreme allegations have come from anonymous people who haven't ever dealt with you - well, if they're anonymous you can't declare that they haven't dealt with you, you don't know who they are. That's simply pointing out a fact (it's not a point going anywhere).

By default, all discussions on these boards can involve anyone who reads them. It's public. So saying people are entering this discussion when it doesn't concern them is a bit.. pointless. I'm a member of this forum and somebody asked for advice on a subject I knew some information about, so I consider it's 100% my place to get involved even though I've never attempted to purchase anything from you.

Giving the benefit of the doubt, that your company is being unfairly persecuted (though I fail to see what any individual would have to gain by doing this), it's obvious that some of your customers think they've been treated unfairly. They may not be putting it in the most articulate ways and getting a bit angry, but I think it's going overboard to use the implied threat of legal action.

It's quite obvious that this can be simply resolved in a way which works for everyone involved - this forum has a private message system. Though I don't think it's exactly designed for this, it would bypass the issues of people giving out private information in public (which I don't think should ever be encouraged), and any issues with static IP preventing email correspondence.

You could invite anybody with a problem with the service they have received from you to send you a PM with their name, what they purchased, how payment was sent (I think it's a fair point asking if they sent it with a proof of postage certificate, but the way you went about asking wasn't dispassionate enough, it seemed emotional [annoyed]). Plus any other relevant details. Then, if they can prove payment was sent/taken, you could offer to anybody who hasn't received their items a refund or replacement as a gesture of good will. I think any reasonable person would be okay with that and the matter could end there. It doesn't have to come down to nasty bickering.

Now, lastly, as to your own details being posted here, illegally or not, if you don't think it should be there you can contact the forum moderators.
  • The illegal details I posted were legally obtained from here http://www.nic.uk/other/whois/.
    Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before
  • see below posting taken from http://www.theaveragegamer.com/2006/12/18/mii-on-a-tee/

Nintendo are investigating

Jona Says:
    January 24th, 2008 at 11:34 am
    I sent this email:

Hello,
    I was searching the internet for nintendo t-shirts to make a huge fan happy when I came across this company.
    This company says on their site that ‘t-shirts are the only Mii shirts to be approved by Nintendo Europe. They are used by Nintendo U.K. to promote the Mii service and are official Nintendo promotional products.’ which can make you think that they are selling nintendo approved t-shirts in general.
    The Mii t-shirts are not available for ordering but the other nintendo t-shirts are.
    My question is: are these official t-shirts? And are you officially dealing with this company?
    The company is http://www.mrcloud.com
    I hope you can shed some light on this.
    Sincerely,
    Jona

Reply:

Dear Customer, thank you for your email.
    No, Nintendo UK and Nintendo Europe are not connected with this company,
    and Nintendo UK are currently investigating their claims. I’m sorry for
    the inconvenience this may have caused.
    Kind regards,
    Jackson Davies
    Your Nintendo Team
    Needs no comment
  • MrCloud
    Information obtained from WHOIS sources is released for very specific purposes; posting on a public forum isn't one of them.

If the email you post is true then the shirts will be have to be removed. Won't they?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure