New Journey

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 December 2017 at 9:34PM
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I have had a lovely day , with visits from family and friends . Had some lovely gifts , all ones that I like . Feeling blessed . Had my lunch bought for me , gluten free picnic from marks and Spencer .
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    HAppy Burrfffffday toooooo Yooouuuuu :D
    (((((HUGS)))))
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • System
    Options
    Redfromstart thanks for giving me some positive vibes about HR. I don't think I will have hit any triggers so should be ok I hope.

Well I have spent 2 hours wrapping Christmas presents up and am all done. I realised that every present is paid for and not on a credit card, such a good feeling.

Hope everyone has had a good day.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Oh Happy belated birthday - sorry I missed it but glad it was wonderful!

And well done on getting all your presents wrapped - you're ahead of us! :rotfl: You're right about it being a great feeling that everything is accounted for too - brilliant! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • System
    Options
    Not posted for a few days , just down to being back at work and generally being tired. Anyway sick days have been put down to 3 so hoping that it's it and I won't hear anymore about it.

2017 Update

I started this journey on 1st Jan and never did I think that 12 months later I would be posting the fact that I have paid off £2201 my debts this year.

Have an EF with £512 in , another account for car ins and home ins with £197.50 in. Not large amounts but all done out of salary which isn't large compared to some.

Christmas paid for in real money and most important no new credit card debt.

My new totals are CC1 £3219 and CC2 £400 . I have had PPi payouts and a couple of small windfalls during the year , so maybe not paying off as much next year.

2018 PLAN

Pay off CC2 by April and then CC1 by June 2019 only 18 months away.

More importantly I have survived the year , I think I can be more frugal next year . I forgot my holiday account which has £100 in as well.

I truly have had my lightbulb year !

Couldn't have done though without all the help from other MSE folk so thank you everyone.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Most excellent achievement :D
    :T:T:T
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better and happy belated birthday :)

I hit a trigger with HR when I broke my ankle, I wouldn't mind but I went back to work after 3 weeks, with my leg still in plaster, when in reality I should've had 12 weeks off!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Not posted for a few days , just down to being back at work and generally being tired. Anyway sick days have been put down to 3 so hoping that it's it and I won't hear anymore about it.

2017 Update

I started this journey on 1st Jan and never did I think that 12 months later I would be posting the fact that I have paid off £2201 my debts this year.

Have an EF with £512 in , another account for car ins and home ins with £197.50 in. Not large amounts but all done out of salary which isn't large compared to some.

Christmas paid for in real money and most important no new credit card debt.

My new totals are CC1 £3219 and CC2 £400 . I have had PPi payouts and a couple of small windfalls during the year , so maybe not paying off as much next year.

2018 PLAN

Pay off CC2 by April and then CC1 by June 2019 only 18 months away.

More importantly I have survived the year , I think I can be more frugal next year . I forgot my holiday account which has £100 in as well.

I truly have had my lightbulb year !

Couldn't have done though without all the help from other MSE folk so thank you everyone.

You've done really well Cumbria paying off that amount and not putting any of it on credit :T.

I bet you will enjoy Christmas a lot more knowing you haven't increased your debt to pay for it.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • fay66
    fay66 Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    well done and happy birthday xx
    Debt £10k , HMRC £3K old debt £4k Jan 2021
    Had biatric surgery was 135k 2016 now 97kilo 22.1.20 up to 106 kilo 12.1.21
    Travel plans New York 2021 New year cancelled due to covid
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Sorry I missed your birthday :( Sounds like you had a wonderful day though despite being unwell - hope you're feeling much better now.

You've achieved so much over the past 12 months and still lived and had some of the things you enjoy. You should be proud! x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure