Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Comments

• PomBear
    PomBear Posts: 172 Forumite
    I apologise that I went AWOL after posting. Not my intention at all.

Tyzap - what you suspect makes perfect sense. I did read somewhere, although need to find the link (it was on a BA operating manual I found on line) that they are forbidden from landing on 34 at SKG at night.... Also, don’t know if anyone saw the recent ITV programme that followed Easyjet pilots in training? They needed to do an emergency landing and ruled out SKG although it wasn’t specified why. It appears it’s a technically challenging airport for any pilot. Especially at night.

No update on my case. I did complain to CAA (was warned on here that they are as useful as a chocolate teapot), did it simply to try to back my case up. Heard nothing (but I suspect Ryan Air and Monarch are keeping them busy - hmm). So planning to submit a NBA very soon.
  • PomBear
    PomBear Posts: 172 Forumite
    I also think the ridiculous delay the following day was because the crew were out of hours and needed to rest... captain made clear he was the same pilot as night before. We didn’t take off until nearly 5pm from SKG following day. They certainly didn’t try to get us home ‘above and beyond’ (same aircraft and crew) and were economical with the truth....
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    pcy - have you checked your claim status online?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    PomBear wrote: »
    I apologise that I went AWOL after posting. Not my intention at all.

Tyzap - what you suspect makes perfect sense. I did read somewhere, although need to find the link (it was on a BA operating manual I found on line) that they are forbidden from landing on 34 at SKG at night....

Hi PomBear,

The strange thing is that all other aircraft, apart from yours plus one other which landed on 16, did land on 34 so a bit of a question mark there. It may be due to a combination of storm plus darkness or similar.

As said before tho, that info is not essential as J2 must prove that the problem was an EC and why, the onus is on them. But it would be nice fill the last missing piece of the jigsaw, just for completeness.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • pcyuljr
    pcyuljr Posts: 115 Forumite
    Yep, I checked it.

It reads as follows;

You submitted a claim on 17/09/2017 at 09:55:56
    Your claim was issued on 18/09/2017
    Jet2.com filed an acknowledgment of service on 02/10/2017

So that was two weeks ago today.

Do I give them another week then ask for a judgement to be made if no response?
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    They have a total of 28 days from 18/9 as I understand the rules, my guess - they will get their defence in on the very last day so could be tomorrow the court system MCOL will only let you apply for judgement by default, when their time is up, so try every day.

Good luck
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JPears
    Like Novice said.
    Judges don't like Judgement by default so if you get judgement by default and they apply for set aside, expect them to get it. Its an abuse of the system by the legal "profession" unfortunately.

• legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    JPears wrote: »
    Like Novice said.
    Judges don't like Judgement by default so if you get judgement by default and they apply for set aside, expect them to get it. Its an abuse of the system by the legal "profession" unfortunately.

Very cynical view and an overgeneralisation.
    Applications to SJA are now subject to Denton (relief from sanction test) as well as other CPR.
    (a) Is there a good reason why they didn’t get their defence in on time. “Pressure of work” is not a good reason.

(b) Was the application to SJA made promptly
    (c). Is there a real (not fanciful) prospect of success
    (d). Should they be granted relief from sanction in all the circs of the case.

(c) is the most important. They will have to disclose their full case . If they don’t they will fail.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    I'd like to know what proportion of cases won by Judgment by default later get Set aside ?
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JPears
    I welcome your more detailed explanation but I suspect more than a few "veterans", on this board,from experience, will also have the cynical view. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family