Online Share Dealing

Options
Hi,

Can anyone recommend an online share dealer. Until i really get the hang of dealing i intend to invest £100 per month.

thanks

Symo56

Comments

• cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Symo56

Have just gone through the analysing of different accounts and their costs / charges and came to the same conclusion - Comdirect.

They have a special offer on at the moment whereby if you transfer/open your account with stocks or cash to the value of £500 pounds they will give you £50.

If you are not transfering from another broker you need to be referred. I know you said that you are planning £100 pm but if you could open the account with £500 you could get an extra £50, if you are referrred. Here's the extra bit, if you Private Message "Plumb1" they will split their referal fee (£50) with you, giving you an extra £75.

I have just (20mins ago) done the same and have opened my account with Comdirect.

For £75 I would suggest seeing what you could do to open the account with £500 - you don't have to invest it in one go (if you don't want to). Could you borrow the money from family and pay them back £100 pm.

Btw on the Comdirect sign up page you can opt to make regulat payments into the account.

cloud_dog
    (please no one post that this should be on the referal board - I'm just trying to do Symo56 a favour) :)
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • thefirs
    thefirs Posts: 699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Comdirect is a reasonable choice though two others spring immediatly to mind: iDealing.com and iWeb. Both offer no-frills execution-only dealing at £10 per deal, irrespective of value. iWeb (a division of Halifax plc) is less strings-attached with no account fee, and you can move money in and out of the cash account quite readily via a debit card, but they pay virtually no interest on deposits. iDealing charge £5 per quarter but pay realistic interest on deposits. They also offer self-select ISAs.

You can read more and see cost comparisons at The Motley Fool, an easily digestible site for starters in share dealing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure