1 night in London (close to Hyde park) family of 5

Options
lovinmykids
lovinmykids Posts: 257 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi.
I have been looking for the cheapest way to do this,
I have a family of 5 (2, adults & 3 children aged 17,12 & 6)
My 17 yr old is on the autistic spectrum so would still need to share a room with at least one adult.
We would like to go to the winter wonderland held in Hyde park.
I've looked at the premier inn which is very close & ideal, but I was wondering if I could get somewhere cheaper but pref not too far in distance.
Also anyway to make the day itself as cheap as possible: ie any deals or places to look for money off. We would need To go on a fri or sat, I think it opens on 21st Nov & the latest date we could go would be the 12/13th dec.
big thanks for any help.
I LOVE COMPING :j FEB ~ Heroes of the city goodies,Valentine's Day Treats From Haribo Chelsea FC experience !!

Comments

• Foggster
    Foggster Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried the travel lodges? They are probably the same distance away as the premie inn.

Winter Wonderland is lovely to walk around for a short time but is expensive once you are inside, so be prepared especially if you are looking for a cheap experience.

Depending on your travel plans once in London there are some lovely walks through the German markets, Covent Gardens etc. We go down every year and enjoy a bus ride along Oxford Street to see the lights using the normal london bus.

Trafalgar Square is nice as well with the choirs and brings a great festive atmosphere to the evening.
  • susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Options
    If you can avoid staying a Saturday night in London especially just before Christmas it will reduce your accomodation costs. As the previous poster has said Travelodges are often cheaper than Premier Inns. They do family rooms for 4 people so you will need two rooms for a family of five. You could aslo look at Youth hostels as they often have 5 bed dorms that your family could have to themselves.

Just a word of warning, in case you don't already know, it is very crowded at weekends at Winter Wonderland. Myneice who has autism found it hard to cope there last year and we spent very little time there, before she was very distressed. Your son is older and of course may be ok in that environment.
  • Charityworker
    Options
    Have you looked at easy hotel? The paddington one is about 10 minutes walk from Hyde park. They do a 3 bedded room with a 2 bedded room right opposite the corridor and both rooms would cost you about £95 per night. There's no frills but I've stayed in nearly every room in that hotel and if you know what to expect its fine!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure