Morgan Stanley Credit Card PPI

I got a Morgan Stanley Dean Witter credit card around 9 years ago. I would like to reclaim the PPI I was missold, but since then my card has been moved/changed to first a Goldfish card and then a Barclaycard. Do I have to contact each company individually to make a claim, or is Barclaycard liable for everything?

Thanks for any/all help!

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    I got a Morgan Stanley Dean Witter credit card around 9 years ago. I would like to reclaim the PPI I was missold, but since then my card has been moved/changed to first a Goldfish card and then a Barclaycard. Do I have to contact each company individually to make a claim, or is Barclaycard liable for everything?

Thanks for any/all help!

Hi there

Always pursue the ones who set this up from the start, and if they have to they will forward your reclaim to the relevant dept for you.
    Its possibly they will send on to the ones who they moved this on to such as their complaints/head office and deal with this.

You can write a letter in your own words, as a questionnaire replaced the template letter on this site, you will find this here below as stage one of reclaiming;
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#reclaim

I would also keep copies of all you send and receive, in case you need to refer to this again at some point.

They do normally have 8 weeks but may ask for more time, but they should also keep you informed of the progress of your complaint.

Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Hi, I am in the same position please may I ask what postal address you found for Morgan Stanley Credit cards? Thanks a lot.
  • looby38
    looby38 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Hi
    I have just come across an old Morgan Stanley credit card statement....I wish to claim back the PPi as I was self employed at this time and remember being told it would ensure I receievd a card. Could anyone out there help with an address for Morgan Stanley, i understand they have since been bought out by Barclays.

Thank you
  • Hi, who owned Morgan Stanley in 2003 - 2004 please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure