Add your feedback on energy supplier Sainsbury’s Energy

Comments

• bd4478
    bd4478 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Well this is still a total nightmare, left scottish power and still have no idea about my sainsburys account, scottish power waiting for the final readings which i supplied sainsburys several times, been told by sainsburys that the meter readings will be estimated!! although i have supplied them, it just seems that nobody wants to deal with this. I have always respected MSE but on this occasion i cant help but feel financial kickbacks blinded them. Once this is sorted if ever i will never do it again via MSE.
  • Wow, I rang SE and the phone rang once and was answered. No " we are busy" or hold music, just an immediate answer.
    Maybe things are improving.
  • British_Gas
    British_Gas Posts: 86 Organisation Representative
    Dear British Gas Representative,

I thought I would try to contact you on here, since your contact form on the webpage doesn't actually work! and your telephone staff are particularly incompetent. can i have an email address to contact someone please?

Hi dadsgoneshopping,

I’m sorry to hear you have had a poor experience with Sainsbury’s Energy, if you email [EMAIL="MSECollectiveswitch@sainsburysenergy.com"]MSECollectiveswitch@sainsburysenergy.com[/EMAIL] they will be able to respond to your enquiry.

Thanks,

Anna
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Fleabite
    Fleabite Posts: 60 Forumite
    Hi

Like many others, I have had problems with the switch. SE not accepting meter readings, misleading letters and emails. I can't log on online as it doesn't recognise my details even though I know they are correct. I have amended the details, but even then they say they are not recognised.

A few days ago I received a letter from SE to say that my electricity had been switched. I also received an email from MSE energy club to confirm this.

However, there was nothing about the gas.

My old supplier shows my account is closed for both gas and electricity.

I am tempted to close the account, but I wonder how this will work in practice as I will have to find a new supplier. It may be okay to change the electricity, but as the gas has been closed by my old supplier and not acknowledged by SE I am not sure how I could do this. Also, how quickly SE would sort out the payments I have already made.

Has anyone cancelled their contract with SE?

Many thanks
    FB
  • rgk
    rgk Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Similar experience to most others on here, got through to someone today, she was very helpful, apologetic and polite and hopefully everything that should have been done 6 weeks ago is now done and the account is set up correctly.
    As for the offer of waiving charges to leave I won't be doing this as I'm sick of this every time I move, which is probably why so many people don't change supplier, despite Martin's pleading! How about refunding the exit charges from my last supplier as well?
    I was with Scottish Power, absolutely awful service, then went to Ovo, who were pretty good and now this lot. Hope it gets better.
  • walle1j
    walle1j Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 March 2015 at 2:39PM
    Switched energy supplier at the start of March.

Letters informing me of my switch over date arrived late, they were only generated the day before I transferred across to Sainsbury's. I only found out that I had completed my switch when I rang what I thought was my current supplier to ask why I had not been invoiced for the month of February.

Just discovered that I only received a letter for our gas switch over but not for electricity.

As a first time customer you can't enter you initial meter readings through their website. It will state that it has accepted your meter readings and then 3 days later inform you that it has failed. Luckily after waiting over 15 minutes for some one from the call centre to answer I was informed that there is a known bug on the system.

My meter readings were accepted, I think partially as I have got in the habit of submitting monthly readings which reduced the potential of having a final meter reading dispute.

Sending emails appears to fall into the big black hole and 10 days later I am still waiting for some one to reply.

:huh:
    Reading through the reviews on Sainsbury's energy website these are very hot and miss. I believe that they have been inundated with new customers and current are unable to handle the volumes.
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    ...if you email [EMAIL="MSECollectiveswitch@sainsburysenergy.com"]MSECollectiveswitch@sainsburysenergy.com[/EMAIL] they will be able to respond to your enquiry.

What is their target time to respond?
  • pete7708
    pete7708 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Vortigern wrote: »
    What is their target time to respond?
    I have emailed them twice and had a call back the same day.

Unfortunately though the problems with my account still remain.
  • iansp
    iansp Posts: 50 Forumite
    edited 28 March 2015 at 2:32PM
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    it isn’t actually possible to provide your opening meter readings via your online account – instead these have to be given over the phone. We highlighted this to all BWSEII switches in the email on Thursday, but if you've missed it, the number to use is below.

I received *no such* Email - though on 5th March I did get one from you saying Sainsburys had cocked up my switch.

Then - nothing from anyone - until I got a letter today (27th) stating that they have started my Electricity as of Thursday gone (25th).
    No mention of Gas.

By chance, I looked in on here today and saw the advice. So, I have dug out my MPN for Gas from my previous supplier and given the readings for both that and The Electricity online and by phone.

I've emailed the Sainsbury address given, but am not impressed with any side of this process so far.
  • What a complete and utter sham this whole switching exercise has been and a dark day for MSE.

I've experienced the same issues as everyone else, latest contact via the priority email address took 6 days and then my issues are still not resolved.

I asked Sainsburys Energy for a compensatory goodwill gesture due to the time I have wasted so far sorting out issues and the stress involved and I was told via email "We don't compensate for time and stress I'm afraid as it's difficult to quantify per person. We only offer compensation if any issues result in a financial loss to you - which is hasn't."

So MSE\Cheap Energy Club, you have said you were asking Sainsburys Energy for a goodwill gesture - how is that going?

Perhaps if MSE\Cheap Energy Club have no luck getting a goodwill gesture out of Sainsburys Energy for us fed up transferees, could MSE\Cheap Energy Club give us back part of the fee they have received from Sainsburys Energy for getting each of us to enter into this shambolic transfer?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback