Junior ISA

Hello,

My son is fast approaching his first birthday, and being a much better saver than his dad, has already amassed nearly £1k in his own name.

He can reasonably expect to save a similar amount every year.

I would like to invest this money for him, hoping that it will increase in value sufficiently to help him with a major purchase when he's older.

It is unlikely that in most years he will get particularly close to the limit for investing in a Junior ISA, although there may be windfalls along the way. Rather than dripfeeding small amounts, I am proposing to annually contribute an amount close to £1000 (or more) into a Stocks and Shares Junior ISA and invest that in a global equities tracker fund or similar.

I see the HSBC Global fund is talked about as cheap and cheerful, and the Vanguard lifestyle funds would also seem to be contenders.

Can anyone please me any advice on which platform I should base the JISA in order to maximise the limited investment and minimise costs based on the proposed annual deposits, and if any funds are particularly suitable for what I'm aiming to achieve.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family