Pastdue Credit Solutions

Options
xPollyx
xPollyx Posts: 11 Forumite
edited 12 July 2010 at 10:34PM in Debt-free wannabe
Hi,

I came home from work today to find a letter from this company had been sent to me. They had my full name and current address. A 'case number' was quoted at the top of the letter. It said "I would be grateful if you could contact me on 0844 559 8349 regarding an important matter" and gave office hours that I could call - no other information was provided to indicate what the letter was about.

I phoned the number (stupidly didnt withold my number) - had to wait for ever for someone to answer. We have lived at our current address for a couple of years - the guy at the end of the phone said he was trying to locate a former tenant that used to rent at my former address and was asking me when I moved out - despite refusing to tell me what it was about. I refused to tell him - only confirmed that I did not live at the address during the period he had been referring to.

It was a really odd letter and I feel quite shaken by it. I made sure when we moved out that we did not have any outstanding bills with our utility companies and I have never used a credit card. Has anyone else heard of this company/ had any dealings with them? I have an awful feeling that they are going to continue to pester me now.

Comments

• bottleofred
    bottleofred Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Pollyx,

If they call again tell them you want the calls to stop and send the letter below. Also tell them only to contact you in writing. If they say you owe the money, there is a prove it letter you can send, but see what happens first and don't call them as they can be horrible, nasty people.

Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing. I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls and I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only. I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine. Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company may be recorded and used in evidence and I expect this harassment to cease immediately.

Yours faithfully
    If you've nothing decent to say, perhaps you shouldn't say anything.

£2 savings jar £300:D
    Total credit card debts £1250:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: - Will I ever learn!!
  • PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Options
    the op said he phoned them, so cant complain about yourself.
  • bottleofred
    bottleofred Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    edited 14 July 2010 at 10:46AM
    Options
    Hi PNPSUKNET & pollyx,

I put the complaint letter on in case the company now have a contact number and start contacting Polly by telephone, at which point you can then send the letter. Apologies for the initial confusion.
    If you've nothing decent to say, perhaps you shouldn't say anything.

£2 savings jar £300:D
    Total credit card debts £1250:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: - Will I ever learn!!
  • redrt
    redrt Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I've had a letter today from them too.

I always think that you can tell the quality of a company, when their letterhead doesn't spell their company name correctly!!

It says Past Due Credit Solultions Limited. Oh well, I don't think I'll bother to call.

Incidentally the address to which it refers was one where British GAs took four years to sort out a billing problem.
  • 3pusscats
    Options
    I've also had a letter today from these bully boys. They said I owed British Gas £173 and I needed to pay today or I'd be black listed, taken to court and could PERHAPS go to prison. Scare tactics!!!
    On phoning British Gas they said I don't owe them any money (I'm not even with them) and they do not deal with this company.
    What do I do if they pester me, as they seem to be doing with some people?
  • 3pusscats
    Options
    I've just put up a post about this company. They sent me a letter and I stupidly phoned them. They are bullies and frighten older people.
  • Hangover_Street
    Options
    Yep, I've got a letter from them to.

Asking me to contact them concerning dates when I didn't even live at the property there 'matter' referred too. ???
  • stroch
    Options
    I got one too out of the blue despite paying for my utilities as normal, saying they were collecting for "hydro gas" which isn't even a company name. I asked them what company it was and for a copy of the bill I allegedly haven't paid and their "response" was questions about whether and when I lived at a previous property which was - they said - required by the data protection act! And no mention on what company I am supposed to owe nor any proof of me owing it. Ho hummm...what a pain in the neck.
  • Dave1977
    Options
    I've had a couple of letters from these people, acting on behalf of SKY BSB, claiming I owe them £85. I was given 7 days to pay this to Past Due, or they would recommend legal action to SKY.

A week later I got the follow up letter saying they'd recommend court action to SKY, at which point I wrote a nice stroppy letter to them informing that I did not receive SKY service and would not pay for something I did not receive.

They then wrote back a fortnight later to inform they would discuss this with SKY, in light of the new information. It's been a couple of weeks now, and no response yet.

I think they are a bunch of chancers, maybe have obtained out of date debts from somewhere and are now scamming folk out of money.:mad:
  • Wellbigelectrician
    Options
    Had a letter today from this company saying we owed money from bskyb. Rang them and they are straight out of a gangster movie and try intimidating tactics. Being a 0800 number all calls to them cost u and they will never ring u back! Rang sky and they were really helpfully and said" Our account is at 0 balance and owe nothing and never had! This company must be stopped its about time the hardworking people of this country rise up and band together to close these so called debt collection agencies that are making large amounts of money using so called bullying techniques.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure