Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Good morning all, lovely morning out there, cold and frosty and bright :D
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    Omg deep conversations tonight.
    Did God create other planets and if their is life on them did he create that life.
    Do Christians believe in Dinasours. How can they.
    Who created God.

I think my head hurts and it's time for bed:o:rotfl:

Starting to get a lot of this from my dgs, problem is his parents give him an easy answer, we give him the proper answer, sometimes we diverge and his parents are forced to admit I am right. They are going to have to start giving him the right answer soon or he will only ask us the "deep" questions :eek:
    For PC reasons, I cannot answer that :rotfl:

You, worried about being PC :eek::rotfl::rotfl:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Good morning all

closing+photo.jpg
    I bought some daffs like this in a pot from the garden centre early dec with the Amex deal that was going on at the time. They were about £2 a pot so got 5 for a tenner and got £5 back. They were in full bloom and thought would barely last till Christmas. They lasted till end of January :T:T Was really pleased. Will get some more like that if the amex deal happens again this year and the local garden centre is one of the places lol.
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    gocat wrote: »
    Thought so. Was just making a bit of a pun really lol :D

Saves answering all the folks who come along during the day and don't/can't be bothered to read up gocat (not you by the way), someone can just requote the post :rotfl:

• shirley999
    shirley999 Posts: 1,937 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Is this a store where they watch you/pounce on you at SS or are the voucher BC and receipt TC still working at SS (obviously in another A, not the store at which staff pulled you away from the SS and stopped you putting the vouchers through)?
    At this store, they worked before today on SS but I didn't get as far as pressing buttons before the SA saw I had an APG in my hand on this occasion and told me it wouldn't work on SS and took me off to CS.
  • underperky
    underperky Posts: 5,217 Forumite
    Good morning
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    shirley999 wrote: »
    At this store, they worked before today on SS but I didn't get as far as pressing buttons before the SA saw I had an APG in my hand on this occasion and told me it wouldn't work on SS and took me off to CS.

It may be that it would still technically work (with the typing in method) but they have decided to do a check or someone has been faced with people scanning and failing so assume it does not work.

I have chatted to till supervisors before and they are well aware that every system update on the tills seemed to make it worse and they still don’t seem to have been able to resolve it. It should be so straightforward - scan voucher, scan receipt, done.

Anon
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all :D

My cashback finally went payable this morning so I can confirm that my house insurance has cost me the grand total of £11 this year :j :j

Well done! That is significantly better than my £150 for buildings and contents :(.

Anon
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Morning all :D

My cashback finally went payable this morning so I can confirm that my house insurance has cost me the grand total of £11 this year :j :j

Well done dizzy! Which insurance company did you go through??
  • pepper77 wrote: »
    its store specific, either the manager has a bee in his bonnet, or some customers are abusing.

ok so its was the porridge glitch but considering my apg total for year is under £30 and only used 5 vouchers for year not overly abused . i had typed it in.it worked but they were waiting to suspend :eek:
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    gocat wrote: »
    Morning all :wave:

Not doing porridge today are we?

Was annoyed with OH yesterday. I got him 12 packets as its one of the few jealthy things he actually likes to eat. He;s a very picky eater and spends the day snacking on sweets.
    Anyway, he said, o why dont you go this evening (yesterday evening) and get some more. Im like, Ive got enough and its too cold. He says o think of all the money you will save over the year. This is the bit that gets me. He thinks nothing of sending money abroad to his mum (which I dont mind) but doesnt shop around for the cheapest way to do it and it cost about £40 in fees each time. But if I mention that its o all you go on about is saving money. Bit ironic isnt it :mad:

Rant over :D

I feel your pain.
    I think porridge is the only healthy thing mine eats as well but he thinks it gives him carte blanche to eat any amount of junk.
    We brought back a box of sherbet dabs from the party at the weekend with about 22 in and he is working his way through them, I don't think it will take a fortnight.
    If it was just a short term mass overdose of sherbet dabs it would not be so bad but its that as well as pepsi/coke, chocolate, cake and biscuits etc.
    MY OH also thinks I am obsessed with saving but to me I would rather scrimp and do without things we don't really need and then spend the money saved on something meaningful - a day out, an activity, something that creates a memory ....
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure