Beware- Vodafone misleading "loyalty" offer

Options

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    diamonds wrote: »
    Its corporate fraud, its one of UK's biggest companies,.

No such thing as mis-selling. It's a euphemism for fraud.

Complete nonsense.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Complete nonsense.

indeed you are...

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/contents
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • DelOrean1955
    Options
    After reading the posts on here I've become convinced that my complaint will have no standing with Vodafone but here goes...

Yesterday I received a call from Vodafone saying as a loyal customer I was entitled to a new Vodafone Smart Tab for free! Many times she quoted how much something usually was but for me it would be cheaper etc. She made it very clear that it was because I was a loyal customer so I went ahead with what sounded like a good deal. After the call I looked online and saw that the exact offer I had just been given is available to everyone online! They are not rewarding me for my loyalty at all!

Is this allowed? Are they allowed to tell you they are rewarding your loyalty when they are not?
  • mobilejunkie
    edited 12 January 2016 at 9:13AM
    Options
    Of course. It's called marketing. Just about every salesman does that.

I would be FAR more concerned that the "deal" you were offered won't be the same in practice.
  • stingray_316
    Options
    Oh no reckon this tablet scam as got us tonight..
    My wife received a phone call from a women saying as you are a loyal customer you can receive a free tablet and pay just £3 a month for 24 months for 3GB data , after 24 months the tablet is yours and you can finish the contract of £3 a month data or carry on at this monthly price .
    My wife was impressed by this but asked if she could explain this to me on the phone and she said exactly the same to me .
    I said is there any hidden charges or is that the price per month of £3 and she said that's right ..
    So it should be with us tomorrow by Royal Mail as a text was sent shortly after.
    Anyway me still not convinced by this decided to phone vodefone after and after getting to talk to a customer service operator and them getting my wife's info up found out its £12 a month which we said was not what the person who rang about the deal said..
    The item has already been sent out so we have said we will not be signing for it tomorrow so it can go back and be cancelled..
    They are going to look into the recorded conversation we had with the women and if the £3 a month offer was offered they will call us back and offer us this deal should we still want the tablet..
    He said the investigation should take between 7 to 10 days , so let's see if the phone my wife back and honour this after finding this is what my wife was offered...
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    You won't hear from them again. Gullible.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh no reckon this tablet scam as got us tonight..
    My wife received a phone call from a women saying as you are a loyal customer you can receive a free tablet and pay just £3 a month for 24 months for 3GB data , after 24 months the tablet is yours and you can finish the contract of £3 a month data or carry on at this monthly price .
    My wife was impressed by this but asked if she could explain this to me on the phone and she said exactly the same to me .
    I said is there any hidden charges or is that the price per month of £3 and she said that's right ..
    So it should be with us tomorrow by Royal Mail as a text was sent shortly after.
    Anyway me still not convinced by this decided to phone vodefone after and after getting to talk to a customer service operator and them getting my wife's info up found out its £12 a month which we said was not what the person who rang about the deal said..
    The item has already been sent out so we have said we will not be signing for it tomorrow so it can go back and be cancelled..
    They are going to look into the recorded conversation we had with the women and if the £3 a month offer was offered they will call us back and offer us this deal should we still want the tablet..
    He said the investigation should take between 7 to 10 days , so let's see if the phone my wife back and honour this after finding this is what my wife was offered...

Good luck, keep us mere mortal consumers posted :)
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • Littlelotus7
    Options
    My hubby has just been caught out with the exact same thing. Free tablet as you are a loyal customer, nothing to pay, no mention of a contract or monthly fees etc etc. The phone call was yesterday the bloody thing arrived this afternoon. I looked it up & found the above thread as I said to hubby if it sounds too good to be true then it is too good to be true........ Hence an hour on the phone to Vodafone to arrange for return of tablet & ensure no charges to hubby, they had the cheek to say if & when we receive it back in perfect condition then & only then will it be cancelled. I said we didn't even open the box so it is exactly as we received it & I just hope to God the couriers or returns dept. don't damage it. I'm disgusted & stressed out now at the devious nature of a company I was once thrilled with. You would think they would have stopped this way of doing things to people by now...... bloody fuming!!!!!
  • emcac
    emcac Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Just got that call today, free tablet if i paid a small cost towards the data (like they were doing me a favour) it would end up costing me over £15 per month and then when i declined, but since i was still a good custome,r they were going to offer me another offer on my broadband....again that would have cost me money as it was more expensive than what I have.

When I asked if he could SAVE me money on my existing account, he said he was unable to do so...

So much for customer service eh! If i got a call just saying hello and how are you today I would be a much happier customer as it doesn't cost anyone to be nice....if your not vodafone of course.
  • laurenpaigeb
    Options
    Some of you are saying you gave them no details, well how did they mange to charge you for a tablet contract.

Ive just had a phone call saying i have a won a tablet but after seeing this i will not be falling for it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback