IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Highview Parking - Charge Notice for a purchased ticket

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,619
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 30 November 2012 at 12:28AM
    *Mad* wrote: »
    Thanks for all the good advice and feedback.

It seems strange all these notices are from the same car park, and from people who have paid, or is this normal practice?

If it's just them trying it on, it needs looking into. Otherwise if it's their error in some way I assume once they find out they will revoke all the fines ;).

No, not just strange - this is NOT normal practice. It is actually unheard of from a BPA member PPC that would have a lot to lose by deliberately doing this on such a scale in one car park!

If we have that many new posters on this one thread saying the same, then think how many others in your neighbourhood have had this fake PCN as well and will have been worried by it (some gullible idiots may have actually paid!).

And by the way, these are NOT FINES and you would NOT pay this even if you had never paid for a P&D ticket. Our advice is never pay a private parking ticket, they are not enforceable and there is no offence, no fine, no debt, no bailiff, no Court, no effect on your credit rating. IT IS A SCAM INDUSTRY.

As I said above, get the press involved but ONLY if you also tell them that these are not fines, do not have to be paid anyway, and include a copy of the Auto Express page which I posted above. The last thing your local paper should be doing is calling these 'fines' and treating it like some sort of victory when the worthless invoices are cancelled. It will be due to an error but they were never fines - would be great if your local journo could explain this to people too.
    i have the exact same but paid cash and therefore have no proof of purchase. should i just ignore the ticket?

Errrr...of course! See this:

taffy056 wrote: »
    Lots of newbies on here now lol, so for all of you providing you own the vehicle

IGNORE

What part of 'THIS IS ALWAYS A SCAM' is difficult to understand? None of you newbies need to prove anything to any private parking company. They have no more right to fine you than I do. Raise awareness locally, get it in the local paper by Monday - to stop mad fools from paying them or taking the fake PCNs seriously.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Please, please please can one of the posters who got an invoice even though they already paid take this further by contacting trading standards and their local MP. Point them to this thread to show the scale of the problem.

At the very least, this ought to get the PPC banned from DVLA. At best, trading standards will force them to cancel all invoices, and also repay anyone gullible enough to cough up.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • hoohoo wrote: »
    Please, please please can one of the posters who got an invoice even though they already paid take this further by contacting trading standards and their local MP. Point them to this thread to show the scale of the problem.

I've written to my MP with the link in there, the volume of people affected by this is ridiculous and more than likely only a small proportion of those actually affected.
  • Received a letter today from highview parking showing a cctv capture of our car entering and leaving the car park. The lettter states that there is no evidence that payment was made to cover our stay. We parked there on the 11/11/12 and it has taken them 5 weeks or so to send out the notice. I suspect the reason for sending this is that a did not get a receipt from the ticket machine i do however still have the ticket clearly showing my registration number and the ticket expiry date to be 12/11/12. I have sent an email and a scan of said ticket to highview and await their reply. I paid by card so have proof of purchase also
  • I have sent an email and a scan of said ticket to highview and await their reply. I paid by card so have proof of purchase also
    Despite what was said in the rest of this thread, and many others, you seem to be taking this seriously. I do hope your only reason for appealing is to attempt to cost them money by going to POPLA when they reject your appeal (which they will), and then ignoring them thereafter.
  • I parked in Edward Street car park in November for 39 mins. Paid £3.60 by card. Had a charge notice (unenforcible parking invoice) from Highview on Xmas eve - no evidence sufficient payment made.

I've no intention of responding to Highview. Have emailed the British Parking Association.

Surely those of us writing on this forum are the tip of the iceberg? How many have received these PCNs? How many have paid up?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Forget the BPA. You won't get a straight answer from them. Don't forget that they are not a regulator, but just a cosy member's club for the parking "industry". They don't care a fig about the motorist.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Hi

Just to let everyone no do not use these car parks in leeds as they are scamming people with fines, I have received one today I was supposed to have parked there on the 17/12/12 at 12:14 and left at 15:25 it shows a picture of my car and registration, but this is impossible as I was at work that day and had my car with me, in fact I never went into leeds at all, I have used this car park in the past and always paid as I know what they are like at ripping people off in the UK, since the dumb government changed the law on the 1st October 2012 "The protection of freedoms act" section 4 regarding parking on private land , it open day for these crooks to rip us off abit like they did with the banks if you recieve a fine from this car park check it before you pay as they are hoping p[eople cannot remember where they were over Christmas and scamming them, I will not be paying this and along with other people can prove where I was.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,029
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Kevin153 wrote: »
    Hi

Just to let everyone no do not use these car parks in leeds as they are scamming people with fines, I have received one today I was supposed to have parked there on the 17/12/12 at 12:14 and left at 15:25 it shows a picture of my car and registration, but this is impossible as I was at work that day and had my car with me, in fact I never went into leeds at all, I have used this car park in the past and always paid as I know what they are like at ripping people off in the UK, since the dumb government changed the law on the 1st October 2012 "The protection of freedoms act" section 4 regarding parking on private land , it open day for these crooks to rip us off abit like they did with the banks if you recieve a fine from this car park check it before you pay as they are hoping p[eople cannot remember where they were over Christmas and scamming them, I will not be paying this and along with other people can prove where I was.

wooah, that was a mouthful.

In breif, the so called new law doesnt mean that much.
    its not a fine.
    if its a pay and dsiplay car park, and you paid to park, the losses are zero, and they can only recover their genuine losses such as the pay and display rate and not some made up amount.

keep on parking, keep on paying the standard rate as you should, and keep on ignoring their useless threat letters.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Kevin153 wrote: »
    I was supposed to have parked there on the 17/12/12 at 12:14 and left at 15:25 it shows a picture of my car and registration, but this is impossible as I was at work that day and had my car with me, in fact I never went into leeds at all
    Do they really have timestamped photos of your car when you can prove it was elsewhere? You are alleging a fairly serious deception if so (and I wouldn't put it past some of these companies). If it is so, then a complaint is definitely in order ad they'd have obtained your details under false pretences.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure