PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square To Give Your Share 2009!

Comments

• maytaurus
    maytaurus Posts: 2,115 Forumite
    edited 6 May 2009 at 4:19AM
    f1widow
    I’d like to go to a ‘carboot’
    if only I could get up and out ! :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Good Luck with your cardmaking !

annif.gif

mioliere
    Nice to have you back & posting again
    z4a00f60083ad8.gif

Still doing the ironing I see :rotfl: :eek: :rotfl:

ironing.gif ................................ hate-ironing.gif

chalky 75 re;
    ‘’What can anyone say when you are feeling sad and down. Please read this thread all the time even if you are not up to posting. You really are not alone. We are such a lovely group and I really do feel that everyone will be sending you so many positive thoughts and wishes.
    Just take a little bit of time at a time and if you can’t knit just hug some really cosy wool.
    Hope tomorrow may bring some comfort to you xxx’’
    z4a00f8602c63e.gif

It’s a shame we can’t knit/crochet hugs !
    Hugs are kind of like puppies (warm and cuddly)

272860_res2_cuddle.jpg

linedancerann
    Glad you had a nice day :j

Pippa.S
    Glad you enjoyed your hols
    And got what I meant about the the Suez Canal being surreal!
    wednesday_04.gif
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane[FONT=&quot] —[FONT=&quot] Marcus Aurelius[/FONT][/FONT]
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all. Maytaurus - thanks for the welcome back. I hope you are feeling well. Your pictures are lovely to wake up to!

Shaz - thinking about you.

I won't be around today because we have been invited to a friend's house for get-together and we'll be staying overnight. Her and her husband are great chefs so we'll have lots of lovely French food!

I'm taking my crochet with me although I shan't try and do any once I've had a couple of glasses of Vino Collapsio!

I'll call in again tomorrow afternoon.

Have a great day.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • dpixie
    dpixie Posts: 315 Forumite
    Woke up in the middle of the night last night as i remembered what a selfish git i have been. i had forgotten to thank all of you for the patterns that you gave me ... so ... THANK YOU FOR ALL THE PATTERNS, hopefully i will be able to do at least one.

Does anyone live in london (or london area) and want to give me a lesson in crocheting. i used to crochet with my grandma, and remember the basics, but as she never used a pattern (or recipe) i dont know how to follow one. perhaps one of you have a good you tube link. i think i would like to crochet a little blanket for a change - very exciting. (Does that make me a very boring person?)

Have a lovely day all.

The weather here is not nice, and if the bbc are to be believed, its only going to get worse. i suppose that is good news as it means that i will have to stay indoors and knit/crochet!!!

Be happy if you can, if you can't, come and speak to your lovely friends on this thread - we are all here to offer support where possible, i know that you have all been wonderful through the last months, which, for me, have been rather shocking.

dpixie
    1 oxfam jumper, 19 hexagon jumpers and 1 beanie!
    :)
  • OnlyGirl
    OnlyGirl Posts: 183 Forumite
    Hello everyone,

Shaz - sending you lots of big (((hugs))) and postive thoughts.:grouphug:

Mr & Mrs F1 - Happy Anniversary:beer:, Hope you enjoy your day.
    Raining again here today:angry:, Ds'2 is home with an upset tummy so am spending some time knitting, have amost finished a dog coat for L/H challenge.

Off to have lunch now.

Take care all:D
    :jWooligans Totals 2010:
    2 preemie hats, 2 preemie gowns, 1 bunting, 1 sleeping bag, 12 chalky squares
  • k2tog
    k2tog Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Back to work today and all of a fuss! Mornings….all haste and no speed.
    Hope you are feeling better today Shaz.
    Jaqui, hope you both have a lovely day. I reckon your husband is a cunning whatever-the-man-version-of-minx is, getting you out with sweet talk of cheap wool! Glad you had a good outing.
    Dpixie, I did this blanket a couple of weeks ago and it was quite nice to do and actually turned out right! I haven’t been crocheting long. There are links to explanations within the pattern. I did the doll size which was just a bit bigger than Shelley normally does for blankets and it grows quickly. There is a pic of it on my album in wooligans.
    http://crochet.about.com/library/ndollblanket.htm
    The only problem is it’s US terms but think of their single crochet as our DC and their DC as our treble.
    Kathy, good to see you back in harness! Don’t waste too much time on the ironing, the clothes only get creased again!
    Pam, I’m on about the third row of my lap blanket – OK so far!
  • shezmit
    shezmit Posts: 781 Forumite
    Photo-0170.jpg
    There you go me with 150 knitted boobs, The midwives had a good laugh with the colours, These will be handed out to the County Midwives and health vistors,

Thankyou so much for everyone who helped with knitting these wonderful boobs
    Knitting for premature babies and babies that are born to soon :T
    TOTAL: 4 SANDS BLANKET, 18 CROCHETED BLANKETS, 4 GOWNS, 2 SLEEPING BAG (PRIVATE REQUEST), 1 BIB, 8 BOOBS, 3 CARDIES, 9 VENTS, 3 KNITTED BLANKETS, 1 PAIR OF BOOTIES, 1 HAT,
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Hello everyone.
    Shaz --I so hope you are feeling a little brighter.

Well all is busy here. I have had my mop cut for the wedding and actually do not need to curb my eating of chocolate and all things nice because I am now pounds lighter or at least my head feels it!!

Super news from DS ( due to get married in 2 weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) He applied for a head of department job in the Comprehensivw where he works and got the job today -- I have sent so many positive thoughts to him all day as he hates interviews. Anyway what better wedding present:j:j:j:j
    Bought all the Pick and Mix for his wedding favour bags this morning so now it is pack,tie and fill them . I feel old fashioned when I think of the meaning of the 5 almonds but I will try to keep up with Cherry Lips and Poached Eggs etc.etc.

I am knitting hedgehogs full time and loving it. There was so many bags of eyelash wool in the freecycle bag. Now I am thinking of all the names for them beginning with " H " -- 47 so far -- I lead A sad life ( not really !! )

Ok cant wait for the apprentice -- although if that is the best the UK has to offer well !!!
    Have good evenings everyone
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Shelley-- Cross posted -- that is a wonderful picture -- well done on all your efforts and thanks for making us feel so included.

PS Happy Anniversary F1 widow and other half !!
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Thank you.
    Thank you to all the people who helped me with the pattern for the sleeping bag/rite of passage.
    Especially PSSO who rewrote the pattern for me.
    Have just finished :jthe first one and now off to find my button box so I can finish it off.
    ilovetea x
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1093.52
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 966/2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
    NSD's in April Target 20.. So far 16/20
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Maytaurus - thanks for your lovely pictures and wishes - so sorry you cant get to a car boot - I have to say have only been twice now in the last two years due to my probs - I am really mad for bargains but was very good and restrained - was gutted there was no wool! sounds like the other ladies on here got some at their car boots - any luck with freecycle yet - still none here

Thanks to all those who sent good wishes for our anniversary - we have had a lovely quiet day together ("am glad its now the evening though as the wool can come out" she whispers!!!!:rotfl::rotfl:)

shaz - thinking of you xxx

shezmit - i tried to think of a caption for your photo and its was all too saucy to put on here :rotfl::rotfl:how great they look - am glad the midwives will be pleased with that lot

Well I have set myself a task to try and get more organised, declutter, and be more efficient with my time etc - the craft stuff has been decluttered and stuff ready for sale. The ironing is tommorow I doubt very much I will ever get the pile that looks like the white cliffs of dover done - what seems like good ideas at the time suddenly become ........ well ........distant memories ha ha Will let you know tommorow what I achieve (not much I shouldnt doubt)

love and hugs to you all - have a lovely evening f1widow xxx
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family