Aktiv Kapital (UK) - Who Are They?

Options
1137138139140141143»

Comments

• Lonesamurai
    Options
    I just had an odious man ring me and ask my name, which I confirmed...

He then asked me to confirm my details for data protection reasons which immediately rang alarm bells, so I asked who he was and his name was "Steve" from this Activ Kapital, who got quite offensive when I refused and told him I had no current debt and would not confirm my details for him

Surely this sort of company should be stopped from these practices

~Simon
  • ex_manager
    ex_manager Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    I just had an odious man ring me and ask my name, which I confirmed...

He then asked me to confirm my details for data protection reasons which immediately rang alarm bells, so I asked who he was and his name was "Steve" from this Activ Kapital, who got quite offensive when I refused and told him I had no current debt and would not confirm my details for him

Surely this sort of company should be stopped from these practices

~Simon

Hi Lonesamurai
    i was a manager there for 8 years,,, yep there are some who are rude there. there pushed and pushed to hit targets, that means you the customer gets the dirty end of the stick.

NEVER give you details over the phone and tell them your report them to OFCOM if they call again.. you want everything in writting (which is your right)

if they start talking to you about 'a debt'. without getting your name address and date of birth. then there bracking the law.

get there name and report them. there might be 10 people with your name and DOB at that address.... how do they know.

any more questions.... just ask. :)
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is Mackenzie Hall part of the same company as Aktiv Kapital?

Received letter from them today with "reduced settlement offer" - needless to say I shall be ignoring it as I've done with all the others but just wondering why they're now sending under different company names. Second one I've had in as many months.
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • ex_manager
    Options
    Is Mackenzie Hall part of the same company as Aktiv Kapital?

Received letter from them today with "reduced settlement offer" - needless to say I shall be ignoring it as I've done with all the others but just wondering why they're now sending under different company names. Second one I've had in as many months.

Hi Chameleon

do not worry about this letter. i was a manager there for 8 years.
    they have outsourced your account as they have had no luck getting you to settle themself.

its just another company trying to collect on behalf of them. they will offer you silly discounts to pay.. my advice would be. call them and ask when the default date was from the creditor (not when thay took over the debt)
    if it was more than 6 years ago... tell them that if they call or ring again.

you will contact watchdog the OFT and OFCOM. :)

happy days.... there stop believe me.
  • ex_manager
    Options
    Hi im a newbie and would like some advise please.
    I am being hassled by these people for a debt from barclays which occurred in 1995 and i have been paying them by direct debit but after reading stuff on here think i may have been able to avoid this as it was more than likely written off.Anyhow i decided to cancel my direct debit and am paying by automated payment £1.00 a month!!well they have rang me everyday for the last three weeks 3 times a day!!i have told them what i am doing and i have emailed loads of times and never get a reply just thier bog standard letters.They keep ringing and ringing and its out of order.I have explained my situation they are getting a payment if it went to court they would get laughed out but they are hasselling me and i cant stand it.Please help :)

Vanessa

hi there Vanessa.
    i am your angel today.
    i was a manager there for 8 years and know just how they work.
    first of all your account will be a BB or BC account.
    #BC### (the #'s are numbers)

right stop paying, your account is stat barred which means that its of your credit report and dont affect you AT ALL.

once an account is stats barred then if you know the law, you can get all calls and letters stopped.
    however if you dont know the law, debt comapnys will try and push for you to pay.
    in simple the law is, tell them in writting to stop sending letters and calls or you will contact the OFT, OFCOM and watchdog.

they will try and catch you out and use one of the following lines.
    the 6 years start again once you admit the debt..... A LIE (unless its in writting ;)) so never write to them and say its yours. (over the phone dont matter)
    and the second line will be, 'well the 6 years start again from the last payment'..... A LIE

tell them to take you to court.... they wont. however they will send a few letters making you believe this, (legal words used to scare you)

all the best. if you need any other help just ask. send my love to them... pete ex manager.

also never take a discount, ever asked your self why they offer such a big discount?... its because they cant collect on the debt and they will make it to good to be true for u, not to take them up on the offer.
  • ex_manager
    Options
    I've been chasing a pair of CCJ's from 2006.

Got my Experian report as I went to a bank to set up a business account but was told they wouldn't let me until I had paid the CCJ's. So, got the report, called the Court and was given the contact details of the solicitor's who handled it.

To my dismay, I was told by the solicitors that they themselves had sold the debt to Aktiv Kapital in 2007.

The numbers supplied were not in service so I googled Aktiv and got their website up. The numbers on there worked, but in the automated menu, it disconnects everytime I select the option to speak to a person, rather than pay via automated system.

I also found this thread on Google and now have my concerns over Aktiv! I settled other debts with them over 2 years ago, for three other debts. To my knowledge they haven't been in contact about the two debts I was trying to settle.

I'm at a loss as to what to do!

hi my friend, i was a manager there for 8 years and was removed over a year ago due to new managers being brought in.. there are doing oh so well.. its gone from6.4 million a mounth when i was there to a sad 1.2 million a month.... they must be very good at there job.

anyway, let me help you. i take this is still on your credit report.
    easy way around this, 6 years after the default date then your credit report will be clear (inclueding CCJ's)
    ring them and find out the defaul date from the creditor..(not when they took over the debt)
    work out 6 years and if you dont have long to go.... DONT PAY :)

if you do REALLY REALLY need to get update... free advice. it WONT clear your credit report and NO ONE will say your get a bank account or other credit... they will only say, you MIGHT or have better chance.... YOU WONT.

wait 6 years from the default and all records are gone.

dont fall for the line, 'we will update your report so it wont affect you'..... IT WILL.

hope this helps. ( dont even fall for the big discount line, your be paying for nothing)
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    The thread is getting very long now, with many different replies to different people and situations, and so confusing to follow.

So it would probably be better if people posted a new thread explaining their problem if they need help.

Click ----> newthread.gif
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure