DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 6)

1442443444445446448»

Comments

• lauren123
    lauren123 Posts: 117 Forumite
    :) Hope you're all well and you're DMP are going to plan.

My 1st payment to cccs is due on 1st July :)
    Life is now so much easier already! Ive not got the constant worry and 8 or 9 bills coming through! Ok, Ive had no end of phone calls :mad:
    Capital 1 have accepted cccs offer so all is good with them :j

Just want to say to anyone that is thinking about setting up a DMP...go for it! I struggled and worried for months and now its a huge weight lifted!

Lauren xxx
  • Please can someone give me any advice?

I have been on a DMP for 18 months, original debt of £60K and paying back £1K per month, so getting rid of it slowly, now around £43K.

My husband (who is not on DMP) and I have a joint mortgage. We are selling the house because it's no longer suitable with a small child. When we sell, we will have around £27K of equity in it.

We will continue with the existing mortgage and I will not take any further credit out, but my husband will top up the necessary amount and use the equity in the house (after fees etc) as downpayment.

My question is, if I do not drop my monthly deposit of £1K (payments to creditors are close to what they were before I started the DMP) will they try and seize the equity?
  • Triggles wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel like a non-entity on main DFW board. Posted a question, 29 people read it, not one person answered it...

Has anyone here gone around with 1st credit?? They've sent me 3 letters in the last couple days - two last week on same day saying they have our Santander debt now and demanding payment, then one Monday saying we haven't responded and they will be contacting a debt collector to come to the house. We only got the first two letters at the end of the week last week! The one saying we haven't responded was dated before we even received the first two telling us they now have the debt!!! And Santander hasn't notified us that they even sold the debt to a DCA. So I'm thoroughly confused. We've been paying Santander, and they've been sending their letters to us as well (demanding more than what we're paying)... they can't BOTH have the debt... wouldn't Santander have to tell us they've sold the debt and to who and what the balance was at that time?

HIya- I've not come across that company, but it sounds like pretty standard bombardment from a DCA to me- I am not being flippant but it seems to be how they operate, they ignore whatever you send to them and keep harrassing you.

Are you on a DMP with a particular company eg CCCS etc? If so then just ask them to start rerouting your payments to the DCA- if not and you are going it alone then you need to send them your SOA and just starting sending them the payments, but I do think you need to ask if the debt has been assigned to them at that point.

hope that helps!
    now debt free and determined to maintain good spending habits and build savings
  • scouselad1974
    scouselad1974 Posts: 655 Forumite
    Hi Everyone

What course of action do you reccomend when a creditor transfers your debt to a collection agency without sending you a Default Notice ?
    The creditor says that they have issued a Default Notice but I so far haven't received it, I also think that the collection agency will be the creditors in house set up.
    BTW I also have an ongoing complaint about this account with The FOS.

Thanks
    DMP mutual support thread member:327
  • bexxie90
    bexxie90 Posts: 376 Forumite
    Dont kow if you can help I just did a thread and would appreciate any reply,payplan have been too 'busy' to get back to me and I am scared witless,just had a new baby so not helping my rational side of thinking at the moment!

Restons have obtained a CCJ (with determination) and are going to charge me £198 a month on a £3087 debt which I pay £10 at moment due to mat pay,there is no way on earth I can afford this,so am assuming by their letter that they will bring Bailiffs in to take whatever they can,I am so scared it is unreal I am crying my eyes out and to some I am probably pathetic,it is a credit card debt,which when got current paperwork for CCJ I Phoned Payplan and did what they advised and admitted the debt (my baby was days old so head wasnt clear AT all)I am digressing I know but am desperate for some adivce
    x

Chloe 13 years old and Amelia-Rose born 4/4/07

Gorgeous Harry born 18/04/10 5 weeks early after a nine minute labour!
    MFW currently paying £200 extra a month.
  • amlal
    amlal Posts: 3 Newbie
    Thanks Cocker

I've been mulling over the idea of sending a CCA request to Llyods. Do you think I should send one now just incase they start court proceedings or not rock the boat and wait for them to make the first move?

Thanks for suggesting the ppi and unfair charges, I never took out their ppi and claimed the unfair charges a couple of years ago when things started getting out of control!
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    New thread (Part 7) started.

Please post there.

> DMP Mutual Support thread - Part 7
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure