rammy007 wrote: »
    Anybody know if Aldi are open new years day

Ours isn't.
    Stompa
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    samuela66 wrote: »
    I couldn't believe my eyes before, nipped into Somerfields for a few bits and on the door is said open new years eve 8am till 8pm and open new years day from 9-5:eek: , glad i dont work there

I wouldn't worry too much about it, its likely to be double or triple pay! When I used to work in Marks and Spencers, people would sign up to work the bank holidays and new years eve/day etc as the pay was so much higher!
  • Most co-ops are open, my shop is open 7am - 8pm.
  • lady in our somerfield said no overtime ever and if take the day off it has to come out of holiday allowance
    olympic challenge week 6 = $414.70:j
    slowly slowly REBEL NO. 21
  • Aldi is not open today- my boyfriend works there and they all get christmas, boxing day and new years day off.
  • Hi, does anyone know if Clarks is open today? Hoping it will be nice and quiet in town and I might get away with buying the kids shoes without the usual madness/rush!
  • jenniewb wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about it, its likely to be double or triple pay! When I used to work in Marks and Spencers, people would sign up to work the bank holidays and new years eve/day etc as the pay was so much higher!

Nope it's normal rate, they increased holiday allowance about 3 years ago but you have to use up your holidays for all bank holidays including xmas day now.

Does anyone know if poundstretcher opens on new years day? I couldn't see anything on their website and just remembered I need some of those space saving bags for house moving! :confused:
  • LilacLillie
    LilacLillie Posts: 2,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Any idea if Argos is open today please?
    LL
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

• horny_kez
    horny_kez Posts: 23 Forumite
    Any idea if Argos is open today please?
    LL

Argos varies by store, if you use their website store locator they have individual hours for all stores, 2 out of my 3 local ones are open, one is 10 til 5, the other is 11 til 5.
  • hullight
    hullight Posts: 524 Forumite
    The McDonalds I work at is open every day except Christmas Day. On the 1st January I think we are open from 0900 until 2300. Normal Thursday hours would be 0630 until 2300.

I think Toys R Us is open until 1700 and the local Tesco Extra is open until 1600.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure