PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 11 March 2017

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 11 March 2017 at 7:39AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Saturday 11 March 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, dry underfoot but very dull and dreich.

DH up and gone into work, I'm up, showered, dressed and had brekkie, I'm working also. DS2 is doing his work experience again today, so I'll drop him off on my way into work this morning.

Dinner last night was HM ham and mushroom pizza, breaded chicken portions, chips, salad, corn on the cob, pasta salad/coleslaw - was delicious - HM pizza went down well - none left. Tonight we'll be having egg, bacon, sausage, black pudding, hash browns, beans and mushrooms.

I'm pleased to say I was more productive yesterday, once I'd done the food shopping, came home and packed shopping away, I tackled the ironing pile, stripped and remade our bed, continued with the washing, took DS2 to get new trainers and shorts, and visited the big hardware store to purchase compost then once we got back I put the bread maker on to make the pizza base, I then made 2 doz fruit cup cakes and 2 doz mince pies, so very pleased that I got done what was on my list, I was going to cook/bake more but ran out of time.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning. I'm at the airport. Beginning of what should be a brilliant week away with a very mixed group of friends. Will have to see how it pans out. At least I have my own room and I'm going to join the local gym for my daily fix as I can't ski for the whole day.

At least it's all domesticated females - I don't think washing up will be a problem. Bathroom space might:D

MSE me - just filled my water bottles at the fountain. I managed to argue my KFS through security so I can spread my cheese on oatcakes. Resisted buying extra food/magazines so far.:T

Have a good day everyone
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning everyone.

Saturday in Glasgow means taking my DM shopping, taking piles of stuff to the tip and then taking myself home. The weather looks set to be rainy and cloudy.

Yesterday I spent some time sorting out my mum's computer and documents as well as doing a back up. She's writing her story of life in different evacuation camps during the war and has reached early 1944 where her mother and brother ended up in Krina and she was a long way away. It will be fascinating and certainly explains her obsession with food, how she saves every scrap still and how she insisted that we all ate everything put in front of us.

Anyway, my day will start soon. I hope everyone is doing well.

Happy Saturday.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]tiredmum [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've come to the conclusion that dog training in itself is easy, it's other people that make things difficult. If someone told me it was the cause of their divorce, I'd believe it! [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Have a great time [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]FurryBeastOz[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Gers[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] Your mum's project sounds interesting, it's just the sort of thing I like to read.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Scampi can't go into the garden for a while, his holes have been filled, the lawn rollered and two boxes of grass seed have been scattered. That was probably a waste of time because he'll dig again as soon as he's allowed on it :D I see a new lesson coming up – teach him to only dig in one place. Is this possible?![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]One of my customers popped by yesterday, wondering if the girls were laying again. She wanted a dozen eggs, I told her to come in and wait a sec because I hadn't cleaned them yet. She looked at them and said 'oh no, leave them as they are, they seem more real like that' :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Mr tru wanted to just do this and just do that in the lounge, so not all of my jobs got done. I swear he does it on purpose. I'm going to paint the window sills today, the skirting will have to wait because my shoulder is playing up. My craft drawers are dusty, they were moved away from all the work going on and covered up but the dust still managed to work it's way in and on to everything. I'm going to empty them out and clean the unit. Then be ruthless with what to keep and what to get rid of, clean up all the keeps and with a bit of luck there will be room to arrange it properly. No matter what my intentions, the arranged neatness always becomes a jumbled mess and I have to move things that I never use to find the things that I do – madness![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm not doing anything this afternoon, I'm on my own and I'll be enjoying the peace and quiet.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    :beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Once again reading your post has worn me out! I wish I had some of your GUAG.

It looks a bit of an iffy day is in store for us. I think rain is forecast for later too.

The post yesterday brought an appointment for Mr TA's MRI scan on his spine. On Monday! He only saw the musculo-skeletal doctor on Wednesday so this has obviously been put through as urgent. I was totally stressed out all day wondering what the h*ll they suspect to be the problem. And we are still awaiting the phone call from Oncology in Leeds, after the bloods which were sent to Sheffield, to tell us what course his treatment there will be taking. You'd think after going on 4 years of this I would be used to the worrying and waiting but it doesn't get any easier.

Oh well, life goes on in the meantime, as it must. The clean round yesterday got half heartedly done and the washing basket emptied. I never got round to the attack on my grey roots so must do that this morning.

DS coming from work for a bit of lunch and to watch the rugby this afternoon with Mr TA. Then he is running us down to DD's for my pre-birthday meal, before going back up to pick up his GF and her DD to join us. I already have some cards and presents here to open but am leaving them till tomorrow!

My mind goes back to my 21st, which only seems like yesterday! I even remember a lot of things I was bought, including 4 Tweed gift sets!! I hated the stuff but, for some reason, it was all the rage in those days. My favourite perfume was Chantilly. I wonder if it's still available and as nice as I remember?! Where have the intervening 50 years gone? And so quickly too!

Reminiscing over and jobs to be done! Have a good day folks and (HUGS) to those needing and wanting them. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

Its a bit dull and overcast here with some rain due later. I am off to work and could really do with it being quiet as I just have no energy left doing these seven days is getting too much !

Did some washing last night so I have clean t-shirts for work and I think that might be the extent of my OS this weekend, OH will be in charge of domestics, I will have a rummage in the freezer after this to see what there is for dinner.

Log man is coming this morning This should be the last load for winter, but we may continue to get a load or two throughout the summer to get us a good stock in for next winter, we have had the log burner on almost every night since we had it but are not using the central heating half as much so there should be a bit of a saving there.

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Morning all, after the most beautiful spring day on Thursday yesterday and today have dawned grey and dull. This will be good news for OH as I shan't be asking him to climb out of the window with the washing. He did it yesterday and somehow missed his footing as he climbed back in , didn't hurt himself but gave me a nasty look.
    I cleaned yesterday as far as I will ever get this place clean, then sat down to make yet another set of farmers and farm animals and watched a film on Netflix .
    Dinner was quite nice but OH got out three extremely small pieces of chicken so my bit went on son's plate as he needs the protein more than I do,.
    This weekend is entirely aimless or plan-free to re frame it more positively. I do have lots of laundry to do.
    I made a really nice loaf in the bread machine yesterday, 50/50 wholemeal and white flour, with an ounce or two of each flour left our and substituted by oats and Rye flakes. And margarine instead of butter, that bit wasn't deliberate, we ran out of butter, DS having used it all up for his cornbread.
    I slept sort of mediumly, didn't get up in the night but woke at 5 and was wide awake. I agree with judi, if I want a wee in the night I really do want a wee, not the idea of a wee or a habit, it is a need. I often want a cup of tea in the evening but do without in case that helps. Lame Wolf, I am a wiggly sleeper but O.H snores sometimes so my dialogue goes similarly to yours but then I poke him until he turns over.
    FBO have a great time.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Wet and grey this morning, just when I thought I may put some washing on the line. Oh well it can stay inside again.

Gers, your DMs writing sounds really interesting, hope she gets it published so we can all read.
    I feel for you tru - that dust gets everywhere and seems to last a lifetime.

Finished work a bit earlier yesterday to take a cheque to the county buildings, the little cash office window has been swapped for a machine so had to ask for assistance! Then went to the dentist for my new crown, really pleased with it. Post office next then for a much needed haircut. I made a thai curry for dinner and really enjoyed it.

Off to Costco this morning for supplies, there isn't a spare loo roll in the house! I'll probably pop up to the allotment later as I haven't been for ages, just hope it stops raining.

Have a good weekend everyone, take care. XX
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Morning all
    Congratulations to Csarina, FBO, have fun, hugs to those in need.
    I've not managed to post much this week, not sure where the time has gone!
    DGS stayed last night, he tried to help my L&M upload video to YouTube, but the camera software seems to be incompatible with every other form of software!
    I have to take DGS home, go to the DIY shop to buy brushes and rollers, pack the car up and then collect my L&M from work, then it's off to stay on the boat and catch up with what work has been done and what still needs doing.
    After me getting a lecture on not taking too much stuff with us my beloved added to the list this morning.
    We're hoping the boat will be on shore power, i.e. attached to the marina electric as the batteries will be flat as it's hardly been moved in the last year.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    That sounds like fun Hester, enjoy your weekend!
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning

I actually cooked a crustless quiche last night and used up veg stuff that desperately needed using up, so good result all round. I haven't cooked properly for ages so glad I made the effort.

Cleaning on the cards to day as well as washing my bedding. First WM load already on and am about to go strip the bed. I have to say I'd rather be tucked up fast asleep in my bed but alas there was no hope of going back to sleep once I woke.

No other plans for the day, feeling quite tired as usual so once the cleaning is done I will just be lazy. Mind you as I type my GUAG is running away at a steady pace and stripping the bed etc may be delayed for a few hours yet.

Have a good day one and all. Take care :D
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills