IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Posting on the Parking Board – your help please

Comments

• Londonlover
    Londonlover Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 23 August 2016 at 1:17PM
    Hello some advice please. I'm a Newbie

we parked in a NCP car park next to an underground station and paid the charge of £5 on parking as required - 26/07/16 Today we have received a fine saying we left the car park without paying.
    The machine didn't issue a receipt and speaking to the lady behind us she said it doesn't issue receipts. Its done by your vehicle no.
    We hold a disabled badge but no exemptions in this car park so paid £5 requested.

Please advise us what to do next.
    ps I tried to start a new thread but couldn't find where ???

Thanks LL
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 August 2016 at 1:37PM
    Please advise us what to do next.
    ps I tried to start a new thread but couldn't find where ???

Thanks LL

Please read the Newbies Sticky then start your own thread with the big blue "New Thread button" - You confirmed your understanding of board basics as part of your signup and hijacking an info thread will not get you the help you deserve.
  • I realise I shouldn't have joined an existing thread but thought you were supposed to be nice to Newbies !
    Have resubmitted post and would appreciate some advice. Thanks. LL
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    thought you were supposed to be nice to Newbies !

What's not nice about pointing you straight at the best place to get the best help for your problem?
  • I (foolishly?) ignored a Parking Charge Notice from Euro Car Parks for £70. With hindsight, I should have appealed as per Martin's advise. Not only was signage very poorly lit on a dark winter evening, the charge of £70 is disproportionate to the overstay of 20 minutes. Notwithstanding this, I have now received communication from a Debt Recovery agency demanding £130. I have received no notice or warning that the amount would increase.

What should I do?

Many thanks
  • ooops sorry, just reading other posts in this thread and realised I have made the "newbies" error of inadvertently hijacking someone else's story. Apologies!
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    kmullett1 wrote: »
    ooops sorry, just reading other posts in this thread and realised I have made the "newbies" error of inadvertently hijacking someone else's story. Apologies!

martins info is out of date , read http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822 all will be revieled , start a new topic if more help needed

good luck
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Have just received a parking ticket from UKCPS in a retail shopping area. Have just registered with the mse board and noticed your comments over the last few years regarding the legality of these companies to post these tickets. I am a bit concerned as the ticket states don't ignore. Just where do I stand?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    please start your own thread using the RED new thread button, top left of this forum

then you will receive bespoke advice for your case alone

and please read the NEWWBIES sticky thread too

thank you
  • My daughter(currently travelling round India till May) recently received a penalty fine from NCP at Wivenhoe Station which she uses regularly. One day in Dec 2016 she actually forgot to access her RingGo app and subsequently received her fine.
    She appealed through POPLA, and received all the relevant guilt bumf including Sht 3 of the RingGo printout indicating the date of the offence. She appealed again requesting consideration of the number of occasions she has parked there, as would have shown up on Shts 1 & 2.
    This was further rejected in a LAST REMINDER letter from NCP indicating that the fine was NOW £75, not £50
    2 Questions
    1 Do you consider it is fair that this appeal should have been rejected?
    and
    2 If so, and taking in account, that all appeals/email/correspondence were conducted within the timescale prescribe in the documentation, is it fair that the fine should increased?

Regards
    Tony Troop
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family