PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

mioliere
mioliere Posts: 6,838
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 20 March 2012 at 6:40PM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi everyone

Penelope Penguin has been in touch this morning and suggested that it's time for Part 4 because part 3 has grown and grown, thanks to you all for your hard work! She will add links to this thread so that we can carry on seamlessly.

It's wonderful to think that we are now at the start of part 4! It's thanks to you all that this little idea, started just over two years ago, has become such a success!

FOR ALL NEWBIES AND LURKERS - I have tried to post a link to a post but, for some reason, it hasn't worked. Until I have sorted it out, please look for post number 1885, which you will find on page 95 of this thread - it will tell you all about what we do! Do please join us!

For all those who may have been lurking, please, please feel free to join us! You will receive the warmest of welcomes and I just know you will enjoy it here!

KathyXX

Official MoneySavingExpert insert: 'Knit Your Square to Give Your Share' is a wonderful group that knits and crochets for charitable causes, both in the UK and overseas. They provide ideas, links to stockists, tutorials and other useful websites, encouragement to one another and, most importantly, handmade items that are distributed among deserving causes. For more information please see this post. Thanks to mioliere for starting Part 4 of what is, undoubtedly, a fantastic group.

[threadbanner] box [/threadbanner]
KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2

Comments

• Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Good afternoon everyone :beer: Part 3 of Knit Your Square is here :)
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    edited 6 June 2010 at 12:05PM
    WOW - part 4 already !!

Just popped in before getting organised for the birthday party and found we have a nice new thread.

As Kathy says, stop lurking and jump on the bandwagon. We got a few more joining in last time we got a new thread, so come in and say hello, you`ll be in good company. :)

Update for me ( covers past few weeks, I`m not that quick at knitting)

2 Oxfam type jumpers
    2 Chalky squares

One jumper is actually a larger size aids T top and the other is the blue one from Maytaurus`s link the other week but it will be easier just to put them in as oxfams probably - save having umpteen jumper types.

Hope everyone has a happy Sunday doing what they enjoy doing.

Elaine.x
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • k2tog
    k2tog Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Just popping in quickly -
    wow, part 4!

Hopefully anyone that was lurking and put off by the huge pt 3 thread will feel able to join in the shiny new one :D

Will catch up properly later.

Hope everyone is well
  • OOOO lovely new thread....we are all doing well
    x
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • sock-knitter
    sock-knitter Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    just popping in to say say wow, part 4 already, and welcome to any newbies that are lurking
    sk x
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Shiny new thread! As others have said hopefully lurkers who were intimidated by the size of the last one will come out and play! Nice day today with church then some friends for lunch (pork loin and then cheesecake) followed by a snooze. Poor mums tummy didnt appreciate food so am hoping that the scan shows something as its getting her down now...just sent her to bed!
    Going to have a bask as kyuuto lacy crochet pattern before I get too tired! Dont hold your breath though!!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Hi -- Well a lovely new thread--- Hope to see "old" and " new " friends here really soon
    Love to one and all

Update 13 Lapacuddlyghans completed
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • SGT
    SGT Posts: 246
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Wow.... A new thread to play with. lol.

Drum roll - I have managed to complete some of my work in progress, I managed to 'create' the faces for 2 snuggle blankets & sew up a baby cardigan, unfortunately the buttons I had to hand were too small, so this week I must go through my stash & see if I can find some that are suitable.

Big hugs to all those in need xx
    'Money and good health is coming easily to Flypeople'
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    First post of the week from me lol! Just winding down after another night at a&e...poor mum being sick all day and was in agony so rang an ambulence and then spent rest of night there with her. Shes staying in and will have another scan tomorrow so hopefully they can find out whats wrong. Poor love is feeling really rotten and quite woozy when they gave her morphine but at least that took the pain away for a bit. Shes on a drip and looking quite frail for the first time ever and is still frustrated that her body wont do what she wants it to... Prayers please from those who say them. Shes in great hands and, as always the case of late, was well looked after but its a worry and Im knackered.
    well done sgt - I feel a bit like that lol!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• maytaurus
    maytaurus Posts: 2,115 Forumite
    hello.gif

I’ve been reading through posts trying to catch up ..........sorry I'm a bit behind :o

Thanks for all the positive thoughts & hugs

Glad to hear that everyone has had some nice weather
    I hope ur all enjoyin it!

I’ve done quite a lot of making but ... argh ... those wips!!!!!!!!!

*Penelope Penguin

Thanks for the link to our new shiny part 4 and
    congratulations017.gif

to everyone on all your great work getting here!
    I think some :bdaycake: cake is in order :j:j

*shezmit,

So sorry to hear your sad news

flowers_kitty_cat_rose.gifand your Mum x

Re ‘We are going to sue the hospital because the way they have treated my mom, They said if they done the op within the 1st and 3rd cancellation she wouldn't be going through this now, And don't forget there was 9 cancellations,’
    As I’ve said before, the medical ‘profession’................
    angryface.jpg

One has to ask, just how you are supposed to get a GP to take notice of what you say to them?!?
    It just seems to me that if you’re in an accident or drop down somewhere with a serious problem like a heart attack, you will be helped to survive, but beyond that I have found that nobody is interested
    I’m sure there must be some people with GOOD GP’S but I don’t know of any and haven’t seen/spoken to anyone from the so called*medical profession* since I put the phone down on my GP and spent an hour crying because of the way I have been spoken to / treated ................
    Or should I say NOT TREATED

*mioliere

re ‘I had every intention of getting some crochet done last night, but we settled down to watch a film and I slept through the entire thing, with my crochet on my lap! Better luck this evening, I hope!’
    That sounds very familiar to me Kathy
    ‘trying to get anywhere with France Telecom and Orange is a real challenge!’
    LOL you’d have to go out of your way to find a worse combination than those 2 Kathy!
    I hope the nice weather is helping you to feel better
    The swallows sound almost human, actually that’s an insult to them ... they sound lovely!
    I love all the birds in the garden, family say it’s a wonder they can still fly, cos I’m always feeding them
    Your blogs lookin good!

Re ‘We're thinking about getting a couple of goats but need to do some more research first.’

Have a look here
    http://www.allgoats.com/

My SIL used to have a few b4 she moved to Cyprus ...they were Pygmys tho
    ... so cute ... (the goats that is! )

Not all breeds of goats are good grazers, but some, such as Angoras and Boers graze well, Goats generally prefer to browse and like to vary their diet with more fibrous foods.
    Hay is the staple really ... like horses they love it
    If you need grass kept down, geese or sheep are better and you could have you’re own wool :j:j

*f1widow

re ‘can you ever have enough ........ (wool) ........ erm ........... NO!

wool.jpg

I always have to buy my wool though, I’ve tried freecycle etc but never had any luck boo-hoo

Hope you’re settling into your new home :)

*Pippa.S

Re;’my memory just lately keeps going walk-about...

I may be absent minded, but I can’t remember!:eek: :rotfl:

Re ‘Have spent hours in the garden digging a couple of beds out my goodness the places I ache you wouldn’t believe’

smtn96l.jpg

I hope your MIL improves in leaps & bounds

My mum had a pacemaker fitted and she was back to her old busy self in no time!

What size is the ripple blanket you’re making?

The knitting set for your DGD's 6th birthday sounds like great fun .......

French knitting and pom-pom bring back happy memories for me! :grinheart

*roamin in the gloamin :wave::heartsmil

‘’2 huge bin bags full of material and 2 huge bin bags full of wool for the machines’’
    You’re going to very busy from now until you come back to the UK then!!!!
    Best get those tax forms done first tho!

It’s a good job you don’t have hay fever with all that grass cutting :eek:

What sort of yarn is the 100g ‘s?

Have a look at these Hoochie Cozies!

hoochiecozies.jpg

http://www.theanticraft.com/archive/samhain09/hootchiecozies.htm

*Seakay

Glad you are at least getting some tests done, hope you get more support from the medics than I have and keeping my fingers crossed for you getting better

*dpixie

Sorry to hear that you still have the moths ... pesky little blighters!
    I’m sure the time till ur move will wiz by!
    It would be fab to have alpacas, they’re so cuddly ... and what about a horsey?
    Still waiting for Jean to get one!!! :rotfl:

*chalky 75

You may be bonkers but your lappys are brilliant as always! :T

I see you hope to be home on July 1st, so I will wait until then to send the squares, hats and hedgehog wool

Love the blog!

Sorry to hear about the mozies, afraid toothpaste nor anything else helps with my bites ... I only get bitten here tho :rotfl:another reason to move abroad ! :j

I'd post a piccy but don't want to make folks fell yucky
    :rotfl:

*mrs-moneypenny

Any news on your craft fair?

*psso

I hope you are feeling better and the family are all well
    RE ‘the whatsit thingy !!!!

`Border, do you mean Mum` she said. The very word I was looking for - it was THERE, right on the tip of my tongue - I could feel it sitting there!!’

Thought I was talking to myself again then ... you made lol
    How lovely that you have two llamas in the field behind you awwww

Congratulationsbannergif.gif
    on receiving your award

A new photo of Jayden would be lovely

I’m not sure about you sending rock to our

miz2.jpgSHE’LL ONLY EAT IT! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:wave: :grouphug: Kinsey Keiss 21 toottifrootti Mrs Twins sock-knitter k2tog DON79 salome OnlyGirl linedancerann Mrs Twins SGT Blackcrow pol PurpleTeddyBear finequine
    Prfungi ?? LC Wilson ??

For all the poorlies, those who haven’t been here lately ... hope you’re lurking ............. and those of you /and around you, who are struggling

2680883lxkpt6oq4w.gif

*In Search Of Me, *sock-knitter,

Hoping your mums will soon be feeling better

hugs.jpg
    It is so much better if they can move near to you
    I’m so glad I persuaded my mum & dad to move and was so lucky to find them a bungalow in the same road as us

*In Search Of Me

Just saw your last post; I hope that your mum is getting treated properly and that they soon have some answers for you

Prayers said for extra strength and spirit help for all of us

untitledsds-1.jpg

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is a quiet voice
    at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow"

[FONT=&quot]Don’t forget.... Lots of patterns & info inc **cheapest p&p** here ... #[/FONT][FONT=&quot]143[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Square patterns ... #[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2257[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Easter & toys ... #[/FONT][FONT=&quot]3682[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] Pet patterns & info ... #[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2422[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Info for Imageshack & posting all your photos is here #[/FONT][FONT=&quot]192[/FONT]
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane[FONT=&quot] —[FONT=&quot] Marcus Aurelius[/FONT][/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure