IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco parking ticket

Comments

• sunny-one wrote: »
    Thanks it doesn't say that at all, so I am safe ignoring it then, should I point out that it was my husbands car, I can see the advice on MSE is to deny that the registered keeper was driving, and I have no reason to give them the details ?

No. Do not contact them in any way.

The bloke who "ticketed" you is not a warden, just a minimum wage goon in a silly hat.

The BPA is just a members club for parking companies.

You cannot get a CCJ until you have been to court, lost, and still refused to pay. These idiots never take anyone to court.

Which company is it?
  • kwaks
    kwaks Posts: 494 Forumite
    OP, ignore all correspondence from them. They do not have a leg to stand on. If you want some fun and wish to kick up a stink return to the store and see the manager. Tesco have a price promise, free parking costing £100 seems a bit at odds with that.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    sunny-one wrote: »
    I have just been to tesco and they have fined me for parking on the white line slightly, I spent over £200 in their shop and this the way they treat customers ! Tesco parking company wants £100 reduced to £60 if paid promptly, they claim to be part of the BPA , and when I asked the warden about the fine he laughed at me and said tough, you will get a ccj even if I appeal this!

I can see people say ignore them, but I am worried as I have enough problems already without threats of court and ccj's , I can't afford to pay this parking fine!

As mentioned please don't pay these people any money as you can see by the sensible posts on here these invoices are not enforceable.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • BarryW
    BarryW Posts: 68 Forumite
    sunny-one wrote: »
    Tesco parking company wants £100 reduced to £60 if paid promptly

I don't believe these muppets will be "Tesco parking company."

Who does it say issued the "ticket"?

Tesco used to use Central Ticketing.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    BarryW wrote: »
    I don't believe these muppets will be "Tesco parking company."

Who does it say issued the "ticket"?

Tesco used to use Central Ticketing.

But they might as well be , lets face it the parking companies represent the retailers there, so an invoice on their car park, whilst shopping in their store can be deemed as tesco's parking company.

How much damage do these idiots do to retailers? Its got to be significant for the sheer numbers posting here and elsewhere, I am surprised tesco hasn't bought a ppc
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The OP could try the "full shopping trolley" ploy. That entails filling up a trolley with high-value frozen food, taking it to the check-out and then announcing in a loud voice "sorry, I'll have to leave this lot here as my allotted parking time is up and I don't want to pay a parking charge" and walking out of the store.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Ingore the PPC but write a letter to the Tesco Manager saying that thanks to a 3rd party harassing you on their behalf you shall be taking your custom away from his/her store, and telling your friends & family to do the same.

Or write a complaint to the tesco head-office, they will probably ignore it but the more complaints the better.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    steve1500 wrote: »
    Part of BPA so won't be the council

Some councils have become an "Associate Member" of the BPA in the last couple of years and do put this on their tickets/paperwork.
  • PRINCESSX87
    PRINCESSX87 Posts: 969 Forumite
    Just thought I would post, Although this is not directly for the OP - Really just a head’s up.

I was at a tesco’s yesterday. Whilst we was waiting to be collected (No car park space‘s other then parent & child one‘s) Me & 3 other’s witnessed a ticket enforcer was on the beat!

They was cheating people left - right & centre.

A delivery lorry for tesco’s arrived and parked over a taxi collection bay. The enforcer came and slapped on a ticket.

A disabled women came parked at a 10 minute stop off, She displayed her blue badge & she walked to the cash point. She wasn’t there 5 minutes before he issued her with a ticket.

During this time, We witnessed him placing four more ticket’s on people who correctly parked. Back to the tesco’s delivery guy…

He came back, Called the guy over - right in front of us and the disabled women “claiming that they work for the same team, The enforcer removed the ticket..”

During this time, The disabled women was back & couldn’t see the small print on the ticket, So she came back to us and asked us to read it to her, It clearly states, She had ten minutes to remove the car. She asked the man why he had issued her with the ticket, Knowing full well, She hadn’t been ten minutes.

(He clearly see her park and waited for her to move away from the car.)

His reply was to shut up moaning.

The reason I wanted to write, Is that I clearly see this enforcer ripping people off. I have given the women my details as did the 3 other’s should she need our witness account of what happened.

OP I wouldn’t pay it, But that’s just me!
    Future goals:
    Become debt free.
    Beat Depression.
    Be happy & healthy
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Any idea of the name of the parking company?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure