HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Comments

• onejontwo
    onejontwo Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    danuk wrote: »
    If i have no clue on weight and carat how do i send them the gold? I looked on their site and its seems to want you to fill in weight and carat of gold ....

Any ideas

I bought a set of jewellers scales and a jewellers loupe (magnifying glass) off e-bay for a few quid, that way you can tell the weight and carat. Another way is to go to a jewellers to weigh them and give a price that they would pay you, but I would strongly suggest that you don't take their offer without submitting the figures to Hattons as you'll be suprised in the difference.
  • onejontwo
    onejontwo Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    pingua wrote: »
    Most odd I think !!

As said previously if you did a transaction with Hattons you would get en e-mail with the details of the bank transaction and also a link to leave feedback, good or bad, to this site.
    I've used it twice now and it pays the best price by far!
  • Sent an 18ct 5g Gold ring yesterday. Got £97.00 paid into my bank account today. Would use this service again and reccomend! Many Thanks! :money:
  • Trustworthy Company

I sent 42g of scrap gold to Hatton on Tuesday and received a cheque yesterday.

Would recommend and i'm not a first time poster.
  • danuk
    danuk Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Superb service, sent gold Friday evening and signed for at Hatton Garden Metal this morning, email before midday with cash in my account by lunch time. Within a couple of pounds of my estimate too..

Would definitely use again :)
  • An honest fair transaction shouldn't be rare - but so often it does seem to be. But I used HGM on your recommendation and cannot believe what a pleasing transaction that was. I did the valuation online, sent items to them yesterday, full amount £414 in my bank today. This was twice the valuation given by a local jeweller - and with no queries, no deductions, no arguments. Why can't everyone do that? Very impressed.
  • WOW! Just so so easy and fantastic service. I had a gold coin and mount to sell - filled in form and posted yesterday - money in bank NOW! Offered me 25% more than local shops & no cheque to cash and clear. I highly recommend HGM!!!!:T
  • :jAfter checking reviews for different ways of selling gold and getting quotes from two local jewellers, I warily sent one item through the post to HGM. Brilliant service, instant reply and more than I expected as I'd used kitchen scales to weigh my pendant, and the gold price rose from when I posted it by Special Delivery to them receiving it the next day! My remittance advice said money would be cleared in 3 days as I used a building society account, but it actually took only 2. I never wanted to be in the position of needing to sell gold, but it's a lot easier when you don't lose loads of money! Thank you HGM! I will be sending more gold now.:T
  • I got together various bits and pieces of gold jewellery and sent it off to Hatton Garden Metals late yesterday afternoon as per the instructions on their web site. I had a mix of 9ct and 18ct. gold and wasn't sure which was which! I received an email this morning at 11.10am confirming they had made a BACS payment to my bank account. I straight away checked the account and BINGO there was the money. Hatton Garden Metals do exactly what they say they will do so I am extremely impressed with their service and would recommend them.
  • Excellent Service. Filled the online form in and recieved the qouted prices and confirmed weight. Goods were dealt with by mid day next day having been sent registered post previous day. Money confirmed in bank the following day. Would definately use this service again and recommend to people
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback