Unhappy With Postage Charged By Seller & Actual Postage Seller Paid

Options

Comments

• RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    But hold on a minute, all the people above who are complaining about postage charges specifically listed petrol and time as things you CANNOT charge for in postage, but you just mentioned these exact things?
    A lot of the 'problems' on both sides are irrational perceptions. That said if I charge postage (and most is included now) I rarely charge more than the seen value. I don't need to show my customers where my profits go, 1p/parcel on new shoes, 5p/parcel on my summer holidays, etc so why people do that with postage is always a surprise to me.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PGI8YNa5f-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/PGI8YNa5f-M
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • plumface
    plumface Posts: 506 Forumite
    edited 3 August 2014 at 5:37PM
    Options
    Lose is to not win......Loose is not tight......get it right!
  • plumface
    Options
    ToThePoint wrote: »
    Including what though? A 20 mile round trip and pay your fuel costs? The postage is not there for that.

If the postage was £9+ then you can't moan over a few quid. But when its £3.90 and you paid £12. It's clearly excessive, and sellers like that, hope the buyers won't moan about it. Hence why so many do it!

As a business it is.
  • plumface
    Options
    They CANNOT charge what they like.

Just because you break the rules and encourage others to, not my fault is it? :cool:
    Yes they can
  • plumface
    Options
    Well they overcharged by £8.10, basic maths out the window there? As remember the postage costs cannot go towards your fees etc. Silly you

Remember the buyer also got a refund, you know that 'happy buyer' :cool:

They did not overcharge.
    The buyer agreed to pay.
  • plumface
    Options
    Irrelevant when this is a 'private' sale. It's not a business after-all. So there shouldn't be any 'costs' added to postage and packing!
    Perhaps in ebay land but, in reality everything costs something so i do not moan like you.
  • ToThePoint
    ToThePoint Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    plumface wrote: »
    Yes they can

No they can not, but then the ones who say that, are the ones who are over-charging. If you want more money, add it to the starting price, pretty simple.
    They did not overcharge.
    The buyer agreed to pay.

They agreed to pay £12, for a £12 service, not a £3.90 service. All 'costs' should be in the listing. It was not.
    Perhaps in ebay land but, in reality everything costs something so i do not moan like you.

How have I moaned? It's simple common sense. If you want more money, add it to the starting price, that's what it's there for. Not postage and packing.
    Always open a case if your unhappy with a transaction :money:
  • plumface
    Options
    No they can not, but then the ones who say that, are the ones who are over-charging. If you want more money, add it to the starting price, pretty simple.

Why is it some silly buyers and people like you are more than happy to pay the same price for the same item with 'free' p&p and think they have not been 'conned'?
    An item at £1 plus £5 p&p is the same as £6 with free p&p yet pr@tts like you seem unable to see it!

They agreed to pay £12, for a £12 service, not a £3.90 service. All 'costs' should be in the listing. It was not.
    They agreed to pay £12 for delivery, period.
    Was the item delivered intact and within the timescales?

Would you moan if i hand delivered the item or is that against ebay rules to charge for that and would you have felt 'ripped off'?

How have I moaned? It's simple common sense. If you want more money, add it to the starting price, that's what it's there for. Not postage and packing.

Freepost is loaded on the asking price.
    Excessive p&p matters not one bit if the price paid is the same.
    I will re-iterate again as you still seem unable to understand.
    Item at £1 plus £5 p&p is £6
    Item at £6 freepost is £6
    The price you pay for the same item is is EXACTLY THE BL00DY same, yet you appear to be aggrieved and ripped off.
    Please explain how.
    (will be interesting now you can't use the fee avoidance excuse)
  • ToThePoint
    ToThePoint Posts: 157 Forumite
    edited 3 August 2014 at 10:06PM
    Options
    Freepost is loaded on the asking price.
    Excessive p&p matters not one bit if the price paid is the same.
    I will re-iterate again as you still seem unable to understand.
    Item at £1 plus £5 p&p is £6
    Item at £6 freepost is £6
    The price you pay for the same item is is EXACTLY THE BL00DY same, yet you appear to be aggrieved and ripped off.
    Please explain how.
    (will be interesting now you can't use the fee avoidance excuse)

Bit touchy aren't we?

And you forgot the OP (not me) got refunded for being 'OVERCHARGED'. Just thought you should remember that, and the fact the thread name is, 'Unhappy With Postage Charged By Seller & Actual Postage Seller Paid'

Free postage is completely different. The buyer knows where the money is going. That's fair enough. The buyer is making that choice. However, if your going to charge postage, your NOT agreeing for the seller to pocket the money. It's for postage and packing ONLY, not to line the sellers pockets and pay there fees etc. Which is against eBay rules. So that's irrelevant. Still is fee avoidance, as your using the extra money to pay your fees.... and line your pocket!

It's pretty obvious....if you want more money. Add it to the starting price. SIMPLES!

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/selling-practices.html#postage

Also, as you did not read the whole thread.

The seller refunded the OP £6.10, but kept £2.10 for the "packaging & their time"

The seller also said "I agree with your comments. I normally look at other sellers to see what they are charging as a guide at that is where I got the £12.00"

So next time, actually read the whole thread before attacking my posts.
    Always open a case if your unhappy with a transaction :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport