Disagreements with manager and meeting with HR

Options

Comments

• ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ader1 wrote: »
    How should I tackle the question about why I left my old post without another job to go to? Any ideas?

You should have had a conversation with HR re how they are going to handle reference requests. Be mindful before constructing tales about your exit now.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • Ader1
    Ader1 Posts: 420 Forumite
    Options
    They told me that I will get a 'decent' reference stating I resigned. I am tempted to just say that I left because I had difficulty with my previous manager. Just telling the truth.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'd be honest - I didn't meet the terms due to contract specifics but gave it my all. And boy I'd make a point that I'd actually stayed and saw it through, ended mutually blah blah rather then run which is perhaps something much more to be ashamed off... :o just my take of this time

Could happen to anyone. For all they know you could have been more scrutinised as pay due to go up etc
    (My big ears have heard people slate last manager directly not get job.)
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ader1 wrote: »
    I am tempted to just say that I left because I had difficulty with my previous manager.

That may give the impression that you are difficult to manage.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • xapprenticex
    xapprenticex Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like:

1: You are being managed out
    2: You are not popular with your colleagues

IMO, just get your work done, if you get to be manager one day then you can make your mark or disagree with your current manager but till then, just crack on as stated.

We are only getting your side of the story, for all I know, you could be very unpleasant OR you could be totally innocent.

The fact that you have not passed probation yet is worrying though, will your manager want to keep you in her team? I think you need to play office politics a little better.
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    Sounds like:

1: You are being managed out
    2: You are not popular with your colleagues

IMO, just get your work done, if you get to be manager one day then you can make your mark or disagree with your current manager but till then, just crack on as stated.

We are only getting your side of the story, for all I know, you could be very unpleasant OR you could be totally innocent.

The fact that you have not passed probation yet is worrying though, will your manager want to keep you in her team? I think you need to play office politics a little better.
    Read the whole thread...
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • xapprenticex
    Options
    Read the whole thread...

No.

I'm replying to the OP, not the thread.

Again...

No...

But thanks though...

Okay?
  • Andypandyboy
    Andypandyboy Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    Options
    No point in posting what you have at this stage then. The thread has moved on.
  • xapprenticex
    Options
    No point in posting what you have at this stage then. The thread has moved on.

Thats a more useful comment, fair enough, not the end of the world (for me at least). Goodnight. :money:
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    No.

I'm replying to the OP, not the thread.

Again...

No...

But thanks though...

Okay?
    Ok, give advice that isn't required....great job!
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure