PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting to know you........

I'm just curious to ask what all the 'old style' contributors do when not contributing.
I expect that there a good number of stay at home full time parents, maybe some of us work at home, perhaps some are part-time workers that can use the computer at work or at home or both. I guess also that there are some students out there and I'm really intrigued by the people that post after midnight, are they shift workers or night owls?

Just to start the ball rolling - I work at home as a full time ebayer selling china and antiques (that is - should be working when I stop cruising around MSE) and our family is late teens /early 20's so don't need too much attention, just money, both are still in full-time education which is one reason why I'm here constantly searching for ways to make ends meet. We have consoled ourselves with the idea that we can be a drain their finances when we are old and doddery :D We have 4 wonderful cats, one ginger tom plus a tabby mum and her 2 boys, one is creamy beige the other is black /white /tabby

I'm coming up to 50 (where did the last 25 years go?) My husband works at home too, which is great, we can take time off together but in practice rarely do as we're too busy trying to keep a large pack of wolves from the door. I love my kitchen garden which keeps us self sufficient in strawberries, summer veggies and salads.

Comments

• swampytiggaa
    swampytiggaa Posts: 211 Forumite
    I am a stay at home mum/part time childminder/part time tesco checkout assistant :D

and in my spare time i look on here ;)
    :rotfl:five children? I must be mad........ :rotfl:
    aug grocery spend - £166.45
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Stay at home mum here too but don't know for how much longer :(
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    self-employed lifestyle manager - just setting up own business
    single parent of 3 kids
    sure start volunteer
    keeper of chickens:)
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Grumpy old git who can't work any more but has found a way to make himself useful. Here at MSE :) I'm having a ball. I'm so glad a good friend pointed me at this site :)

I'm mobile again after a major bypass op and it's so great to be independant once more.

I share my house with a cat and eighty White Cloud Mountain Minnows. :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • coffeebean
    coffeebean Posts: 91
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Stay at home Mum, (2 boys, 19 & 13) part-time fund-raiser & trustee of a charity working in Africa, and part-time secretary/accountant(!)/dogsbody to OH who is self-employed. I'm supposed to be working now!
    coffeebean
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Full time legal exec with not enough work to keep occupied, about to become a stay at home mum for as long as possible:D
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • coffeeandfags
    coffeeandfags Posts: 351 Forumite
    Full time disabled (erbs palsy) single mum to 2 girls (one with ADHD)
    Seller on Ebay to everything thats not bolted down to the floor!
    And with all the lovely savings i make (shopping bill down from £240 a month to £100!) we have 2 weeks in Florida every year!!

Coffeeandfags
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Self employed, work from home. Well, I do some work, sometimes ;)

Seriously, I need to spend less time here and more on my work :eek:

in between tending the vegetables and walking the dog
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Stay at home mum with twin 19 year old daughters, one 16 year old daughter and one just turned 11 year old.

Dogsbody for everybody especially when hubbie is working from home.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • leonie_2
    leonie_2 Posts: 517 Forumite
    I'm a full time carer to my daughter who was diagnosed with bone cancer last year. She's made a brilliant recovery so I wont be needed for much longer :-)

I also sell free trade ingredients on my little website. People use the ingredients to make their own body butters etc.

Apart from that, im the general dogsbody............ well im at home all day, I have nothing to do!!!!! :mad: or so say the family!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure