What small DFW things will you do this week. W/c 17th April

Comments

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    DS has taken out a pack of leftover lamb I put in the freezer on Sunday and also a pack of YS mash so if they're still there when I get home that's dinner sorted. I have just a smear of mint sauce left in the bottom of a jar that I can mix into some gravy and then I can do some veg and a couple of value Yorkshire puds on the side :)

Re boilers, mine is ancient too but all the time it's still working I'm not replacing it! Someone I know was told their boiler was on its last legs 12 years ago and it's still going strong!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning

I'm not sure what today holds, but I have a few things I would like to get done if at all possible:
    1. Return underwear I bought for ds (he has it is wrong, just wrong) and replace with some that isn't wrong - wish me luck.
    2. Pack for our holiday, we are going away tomorrow and back on the 28th, my 12 yo nephew may be coming with us, he hasn't decided, unsurprising given how his life has changed in the last week.
    3. Do some home baking to take on holiday with us.
    4. Pack the car for going away.
    5. Contact sister's SIL so she knows we are away so she is warned she may need to babysit out 3 yo niece.
    I have no idea what time we are leaving tomorrow as I am not sure if my sister will need me to look after her 3 year old whilst she attends meetings, has a moment to herself or what ever else she needs.

Today's plans:
    Nephew to cook eldest nephew to cook dinner
    Stick to meal plan
    LSD only ds' underwear
    B/L/D from stores
    PAD
    FPL, Ashleigh etc

Tidy house = tidy mind:
    Sweep upstairs
    DD to make enough of her bedroom floor visible that adults can walk into her room

I also find posting on here makes me accountable. I also have an inner dialogue where I tell you guys things or at last try and mentally note down things I want to tell you.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hiya pals :wave:

Sorry for being a grump yesterday and bothering you with my moans – I kept waking up in the night thinking about it, which seems so silly. We have enjoyed moving here and we’ve often said that if we still lived in the same city we would still have moved house for some fairly straightforward reasons (we like a semi-detached rather than a terrace, driveway rather than fighting for parking on a narrow street, an enclosed garden rather than one with shared access for the other houses in the terrace…). If you could pick up houses and drop them somewhere else I would’ve done that in a shot but alas we had to look for a new one. Simple really.:(

Here’s me with some positive news:
    Cheapo porridge brekkie
    Free lunch! Clients didn’t eat all the sandwiches we bought for them :)
    Leftover soup to go with free sandwich – wasn’t really a full portion y’see so I was thinking I’d have to buy something ;)
    Bit of a walk – around 35 min – free exercise :cool:
    Reading a free kindle book – can’t remember the last book I paid for tbh :A

Not sure what tonight has in store – might meet up with a pal but if she’s working late I’ll be staying in tidying. :think:
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 April 2017 at 1:51PM
    FatVonD wrote: »
    DS has taken out a pack of leftover lamb I put in the freezer on Sunday and also a pack of YS mash so if they're still there when I get home that's dinner sorted. I have just a smear of mint sauce left in the bottom of a jar that I can mix into some gravy and then I can do some veg and a couple of value Yorkshire puds on the side :)

Re boilers, mine is ancient too but all the time it's still working I'm not replacing it! Someone I know was told their boiler was on its last legs 12 years ago and it's still going strong!

Thanks, that gives me hope!! It has only started to really play up this year. Still waiting for the engineer... what's the bet he will turn up when I've got a conference call scheduled for this afternoon :wall:
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,089 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hi,
    Am keeping the faith:
    *Veggies all watered.
    *Ironing done.
    *Budgets updated.
    *Few Onepoll surveys done.
    *£50 survey payment arrived from Ugov.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Blanched & froze some leftover broccoli.
    *Washed hair & left it to dry naturally.
    *Cast on a pair of socks for the presents box.
    *Liaised with mr f about this week's grocery shopping.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Exerbusi2
    Exerbusi2 Posts: 232 Forumite
    Not a small thing, but it's still helping me towards being debt free!

I was paid £2k for a project recently and I didn't touch a singly penny of it - the whole lot went on credit card repayments!

I'm now down from over £8k of debt originally to £1,800!
    Loan [STRIKE]£5000[/STRIKE] £0; Overdraft [STRIKE] £700[/STRIKE] £0
    Savings [STRIKE]£0[/STRIKE] +£1500; Share Portfolio [STRIKE]£0[/STRIKE] +£4000
    £0 Credit Card [STRIKE]£6800[/STRIKE] £1700
  • spendaholic
    spendaholic Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    First time in this thread, but I do follow and join in with others ... However, the light just switched on at the end of my tunnel and I'm feeling motivated to keep the momentum going. So, if you don't mind, I'd like to join in ...

This week ...
    * sow more veg seeds (to bring grocery bill down) (DONE)
    * spend just £75 on shopping this week (2 adults, 3 pets, inc toiletries and detergents)
    * ring around creditors for balances for StepChange annual review (DONE)
    * PAY OFF FOUR! debts - 1 cleared, 1 with !!!!!!, 1 very teeny tiny balance, 1 even had a credit! :eek: (DONE)
    * work out income for StepChange annual review
    * work out expenses for StepChange annual review
    * complete StepChange annual review
    * work out income for annual tax return
    * work out expenses for annual tax return
    * complete annual tax return
    * finish current work in progress (WiP) so I can invoice on Friday (am freelance)
    * start new WiP, so I can invoice next Friday (am still freelance)
    * bake at the weekend rather than buy cake & puddings

I think that's all for now - even if it is halfway through the week!
    spendy/she/her ***DEBT-FREE DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2022!*** Highest debt: £35k (2006) MY WINS: £3,541 CASH; £149 Specsavers voucher; free eye test; goody bag from Scottish Book Trust; tickets to Grand Designs Live; 2-year access to Feel Amazing App (worth £100); Home Improvement & Renovation Show tickets; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Phew, wiped out due to carrying all those boxes from the garage (at the bottom of our admittedly not big garden) into the house and up 2 flights of stairs :eek:

Welcome to new posters :)
    DawnW wrote: »
    Morning all :)
    Today's plans:
    Dog walks OH did both today
    Remove fleece from fruit trees in flower to allow access to bees etc. Must put it back tonight again though :(Taken it off, got to put it back shortly :(
    Unload car which is still full of stuff brought back from my sales unit yesterday Done :T
    Shift some boxes of stock from garage so I can tidy it up a bit. The boxes can go back up to the spare bedroom, as DS seems to have left now (though most of his stuff hasn't) 6 big boxes, a donkey on wheels (don't ask) and my travel bag all carted upstairs, donkey, bag and 1 box away in loft, 2 boxes out of loft for sales unit, rest of boxes stacked neatly in spare room :D
    Load of washing, dry on line outside Done
    Cleaning upstairs, didn't do this yesterday Not done :o this will need to wait till tomorrow now!
    Put away stuff from our weekend away Bag put away, clothes all over bed, but I will be putting these away shortly otherwise I will not be able to go to bed :eek:
    Need to do a shop, I have put it off till now but must do it today Done, mostly stuck to list :A
    Find and pack an ebay item Done
    Take 2 parcels to post office Done
    List at least one new item! Listed 2, also listed some bits on local facebook selling site
    Check banks Done
    Check for surveys Done, several for onepoll
    Make soup with lurking parsnips Also found carrots starting to go slimy :eek: so made spiced parsnip and carrot soup for lunch. Very nice, and there is enough left over for tomorrow's lunch too :D
    Sausage and veg roast for dinner tonight :)In progress, smells good :D

If I get all that done it will be a miracle :rotfl:

Managed all but the cleaning (trust me to put that off! :rotfl:)
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    First time in this thread, but I do follow and join in with others ... However, the light just switched on at the end of my tunnel and I'm feeling motivated to keep the momentum going. So, if you don't mind, I'd like to join in ...

This week ...
    * sow more veg seeds (to bring grocery bill down) (DONE)
    * spend just £75 on shopping this week (2 adults, 3 pets, inc toiletries and detergents)
    * ring around creditors for balances for StepChange annual review (DONE)
    * PAY OFF FOUR! debts - 1 cleared, 1 with !!!!!!, 1 very teeny tiny balance, 1 even had a credit! :eek: (DONE)
    * work out income for StepChange annual review
    * work out expenses for StepChange annual review
    * complete StepChange annual review
    * work out income for annual tax return
    * work out expenses for annual tax return
    * complete annual tax return
    * finish current work in progress (WiP) so I can invoice on Friday (am freelance)
    * start new WiP, so I can invoice next Friday (am still freelance)
    * bake at the weekend rather than buy cake & puddings

I think that's all for now - even if it is halfway through the week!

Welcome spendaholic :wave: This is a great place just to get your head in the right place and re-enforce what you need to do every day to stay on track. I feel off for a while but I'm back and it makes me more accountable....plus everyone is so nice :)
    I also have my DMP review now with SC... I'm waiting to hear from one of my creditors on a F&F offer before I review.

See you here tomorrow! :T
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Welcome new posters - this really is a lovely thread, which helps to keep me accountable (but not today).
    So much for low spend... I went to Brantan0 (I am gutted they are closing down) and bought myself 2 (yes 2) pairs of summer shoes, plus ds some new football boots.:wall: with the remainder of my birthday money (that I was planning to save obviously). Then used the last tenner to buy a couple of books I've had my eye on for ages at MrT because I needed old lady cat food and obviously had to look while I was in there.
    Lovely friend is unwell. And there's not a lot I can do for her being so far away much of the time, but I think I helped a little for a couple of hours today... I wish I could do more.
    LaE - don't apologise for moaning. How many days of the week am I on here moaning about anything and everything? Pros and cons in everything - including where you live.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure