PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 16 June 2017

13»

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    And it's still piddling down here!

Training sessions were OK, mostly because it's done by video conferencing and we can mute our mics.

The farmer neighbour dropped by with some fleeces from sheep he had sheared today. A friend of mine had asked for some so she'll be delighted. Meanwhile I've draped it all out in the big barn to dry off a bit over the weekend.

I've been trying to deal with some unhelpful scaffolders who have left unsafe scaffolding up at my DM's place. Eventually got fed up and contacted the city council and the bloke in the Building Standards dept is on his way out to inspect it.

It's cold here though I think I've left it too late to bother lighting the fire. I'll be under the duvet by 8.00p.m. watching TV in bed.

It's a great life! :j

I hope everyone is well and safe.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    So not only is Youngest going to be called in for an disciplinary meeting. It appears he's had a phone call from his insurance (he has a black box). He's been pulled over the coals for speeding.

Hardest part for me is hiding it from his Dad. His Dad would go mad!
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Judi wrote: »
    So not only is Youngest going to be called in for an disciplinary meeting. It appears he's had a phone call from his insurance (he has a black box). He's been pulled over the coals for speeding.

Hardest part for me is hiding it from his Dad. His Dad would go mad!
    Sometimes we just have to learn the hard way - I know I did :o. Might do him no harm for his Dad to be mad if he's being irresponsible. Hope it works out ok x
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    caronc wrote: »
    Sometimes we just have to learn the hard way - I know I did :o. Might do him no harm for his Dad to be mad if he's being irresponsible. Hope it works out ok x

Was about to say the same - sometimes the hard lessons need to be learned.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 June 2017 at 10:14PM
    caronc wrote: »
    Floss wrote: »
    Was about to say the same - sometimes the hard lessons need to be learned.

I agree.

Hope you are all having a good evening. Late checking in and not read all the thread but hope everyone is ok....especially FBO who has a lot on her plate just now x
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family