TSB rate dropping

Options

Comments

• Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    i don't expect a further cut..:think:

I agree. There are people arguing that BR should go back up to 0.5%
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    pauljoecoe wrote: »
    I too am getting fed up of trying to find places to put my money.

First world problems... ;)
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    edited 19 October 2016 at 10:26AM
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    I agree. There are people arguing that BR should go back up to 0.5%
    I maintain they should not have been dropped.
    Carney is not very good at his job,how he got it, god knows.
    Bring back King.
    It was him I was stating , that the Br " could drop again".
    He certainly likes sticking his two pennyworth in.
    he's only after one thing, Pm of Canada.
    fat chance;
    Edit.
    They have just dropped Enhance rate to 0.25 from 0.75.
    Just had letter!
    Getting ready for switching second Classic plus ac perhaps !
    Still have to pay in £1k pm.
    as if.
    My 3 are empty and staying that way.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    joe134 wrote: »
    I maintain they should not have been dropped.
    Carney is not very good at his job,how he got it, god knows.
    Bring back King.

He's the one who's saying that politicians (specifically Theresa May, after recent comments) should not be interfering in Bank of England affairs, yet he was happy to be in Osborne's pocket .
  • pedroaw
    Options
    Not only reduced interest but if you have more than one classic account they may transfer you to another account (I assume a lower interest paying one. E-mail text as follows -

Your Classic Plus terms and conditions are changing. From 4 January you’ll earn interest on balances up to £1,500. Another new condition is if you have more than one Classic Plus account in your sole name or more than one Classic Plus account in joint names, we may convert your additional account into an Enhance account or another current account from our range. We’ll give you at least two months’ notice before we do this.
  • Nick_C
    Options
    First world problems... ;)

Well yes, but we are living in the "First World" and these problems affect us. If you want to discuss "Third World" problems, I imagine you will find sites set up for that.
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Options
    pedroaw wrote: »
    Not only reduced interest but if you have more than one classic account they may transfer you to another account (I assume a lower interest paying one. E-mail text as follows -

Your Classic Plus terms and conditions are changing. From 4 January you’ll earn interest on balances up to £1,500. Another new condition is if you have more than one Classic Plus account in your sole name or more than one Classic Plus account in joint names, we may convert your additional account into an Enhance account or another current account from our range. We’ll give you at least two months’ notice before we do this.
    It will be an Enhance a/c @0.25%, if, they do it, which I think they will.
    who decides which of the two a/cs, I don;t know, as mine are both maxed, it doesn;t matter, but then I probably will just shut both down then, and we both lose, , and spend it:).
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    He's the one who's saying that politicians (specifically Theresa May, after recent comments) should not be interfering in Bank of England affairs, yet he was happy to be in Osborne's pocket .

I question the need for a IR cut too, but there is no evidence Carney is in anyone's pocket just a man who has a keen sense of what is good for the UK economy. Carney is thoroughly decent man unlike some politicians. A Harvard and Oxford alumnus (B.A., MA, and PhD in economics) who unfortunately worked for Goldman Sachs, but we can't all be perfect.

http://business.financialpost.com/business-insider/two-moves-during-the-crisis-show-why-mark-carney-is-considered-one-of-the-shrewdest-central-bankers-in-the-world
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    joe134 wrote: »
    It will be an Enhance a/c @0.25%, if, they do it, which I think they will.
    who decides which of the two a/cs, I don;t know, as mine are both maxed, it doesn;t matter, but then I probably will just shut both down then, and we both lose, , and spend it:).

Perhaps, if one account is more active than the other (ie not just £500 in £500 out convenience), that will be the one retained.
  • Nick_C
    Options
    Mee wrote: »
    ... there is no evidence Carney is in anyone's pocket just a man who has a keen sense of what is good for the UK economy. [/URL]

My only concern with Carney was his eagerness to get involved with the scaremongering in the run up to the Brexit vote.

The currency and the economy rely on confidence as much as they do on hard facts, and think in this instance his remarks on Brexit were unhelpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure