cyclists turned right when i overtook

Comments

• You've been "called out" again despite your notable rational arguments!

Perhaps The Kraken needs to check where the space key is...
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,874
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You've been "called out" again despite your notable rational arguments!
    I feel so stupid....:D
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    kraken776 wrote: »
    Yet again you are ignoring the questions that i have asked and instead attempting to "attack" me with something which is completely irrelevant.

I have already called you out for this sort of behavior many times, any intelligent person would have learned his lesson long ago

Furthermore you are misrepresenting a currently irrelevant incident which happened a long time ago. if you are going to do this you would be better off not saying anything at all. Doing this discredits you not me because it highlights the fact that you are notable to defend your comments with rational arguments. Your attempt to discredit me has failed and backfired.

Nope
    there is no " almost unanimous view that the OP was at fault "
    there are a wide variety of views
    the ones who think that i was at fault are a wafer thin but vocal minority who have been posting again and again and again in order to obtain the majority of posts and who have been challenged by others many times (and so far failed to successfully defend their views)

This adds absolutely nothing to your comment at all.

Incidentally i noticed that after my last post you made many attacks against me
    not even bothering to wait until i replied before you made the next one

why did you do this?

surely even you are not stupid enough to think that making multiple meaningless comments somehow makes you right.

Come clean. Did the incident happen or not?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    Come clean. Did the incident happen or not?

Do any of us really care any more?
  • Is there any conclusion? Did insurance claim something from someone or it's just 28 pages of discussion that leads nowhere?
  • Nobbie1967
    Nobbie1967 Posts: 1,457
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I like to think of this thread as a piece of conceptual art that explores the boundary between reality and fantasy through the medium of motoring.

It asks the big questions of whether if an accident happens but isn't witnessed by anyone except Kraken, does it make at at fault claim?

What is Kraken776' Is it an enigma wrapped in a puzzle conveyed through the medium of argument?

Without righteous anger, does Kraken776 exist at all?

Have we all humiliated ourselves?
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,874
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thread summary:

kraken776: I had an accident with a cyclist. Do you think I will be held at fault for this?
    Various: Yes
    kraken 776: You're an idiot. No I won't
    Various: I think you will and here's why.
    kraken 776: Absurd and irrelevant. Here are some new details.
    Various: I still think you'll be held at fault.
    kraken 776: You're irrational. Can I sue my insurer?
    Various: No.
    kraken 776: You're embarrassing yourself. Shall I intimidate the cyclist by threatening legal action?
    Various: No.
    kraken 776: I didn't have an accident after all.
    Various: You still drove dangerously.
    kraken 776: You're stupid. No I didn't.
    Various: Yes you did. Here's why.
    kraken776: You're an idiot. My driving was perfect.
    Various: Why are you here then?
    kraken776: You're an idiot.
  • "...any intelligent person would have learned his lesson long ago.":rotfl:
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    stop_zpsa27c86ea.jpg
    DieThread.jpg
  • kraken776
    kraken776 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Also the obsession with ad hominem attacks. One of my old philosophy lecturers reckoned ad hominem was a perfectly legitimate argument against an idiot who couldn't reason.

I agree,
    There are however problems with this

1)
    Idiots dont like being called idiots.

As soon as you tell them they are an idiot on a forum an indefinite barrage of insults, disrespectful comments, attention seeking comments and logical fallacies starts. (they react the same way if you do it in person as well but at least in such situations they cant keep it up indefinitely).
    To give an example this thread started getting spammed by trolls as soon as I referred to a "handful of idiots". These same individuals are still continuing the types of behavior mentioned even today (many months later).

At least one of these people had not even posted before I made the comment in question and since then has repeated many many of the listed behaviors over and over, and despite the fact that I have explained his/her mistakes to him/her many times keeps doing the same things over and over.

2)
    Sometimes other people hold it against you if you disrespect other people, even if it is justified.

I dont think this one needs any explanation. although on a forum it can result in a mod deleting your posts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure