Pay as you go mobile broadband with no contract or expiry date?

I'd like to have pay as you go mobile broadband with no contract or expiry date. What are the best options available please?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Only Vodafone has no expiry date.
  • bhz-2
    bhz-2 Posts: 216 Forumite
    Thanks Donnie and Rufus

I'll check the Vodafone and 3 websites.

I've read some very negative reviews on 3. Are they really that bad??
  • Snakeeyes21
    Snakeeyes21 Posts: 2,527 Forumite
    No their broadband isnt that bad at all.
    Im very happy with mine which Ive got on contract.
    just make sure you can pick up a 3g or hsdpa signal where you live.
    I never have connection issues and i get a fairly constant 2mb download and 0.5 upload.
    speed test from a couple of minutes ago, its peak time at the moment so the upload is a tad slower than it normally is.
    637892169.png

Im so happy with mine that I'm dropping my normal broadband completely when i move in a few weeks.
  • No it's not bad at all :) i've used 3 mobile broadband for the last 18 months as I've no landline. in that time I've moved from Derby>London>Scrarbrough> back to Derby and the connection has always been good - indeed where I live now I can watch iplayer with it.
    Their CS aren't great but I usually solve any issues (like with dongle) on my own
    :j £2 coins = £2.00 :j
  • Many people seem unaware of the existence of prepaid 3 dongles. They last for 3/12/24 months max. or until you have used up the 3/12/24 gb allowance.

I am very happy with mine, but I live in a big city and don't play games or download films and music, I just surf and send enails. Evenings and weekends can be a bit slow, but the 3 network is being upgraded.

If you have a good reception and modest downloads, and accept that mobile bb is similar to fast dialup, then you can get a good deal without any need for contracts, bank details, direct debits etc. It works very well for me.
    Who having known the diamond will concern himself with glass?

Rudyard Kipling

• bhz-2
    bhz-2 Posts: 216 Forumite
    Thanks to all who replied. I'll probably make my choice after xmas, as it's likely prices will come down.
  • Not available from Vodaphone, you may find it at Amazon!
  • UKHCGirl
    UKHCGirl Posts: 206 Forumite
    I need this now. Apparently vodafone does have this but i cant see anything on their website?

I currently have a 3 dongle and whilst the reception is awesome, i dont use it enough to justify spending £10 a month on it when i need it.
  • Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    UKHCGirl wrote: »
    I need this now. Apparently vodafone does have this but i cant see anything on their website?

I currently have a 3 dongle and whilst the reception is awesome, i dont use it enough to justify spending £10 a month on it when i need it.

Whih model of USB modem?
  • UKHCGirl
    UKHCGirl Posts: 206 Forumite
    Do you mean with the 3 dongle? Its the one that expires after 30 days. It sucks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure