Any recommendations for travel insurance for independent travellers?

Good afternoon,

My current annual 'independent traveller' policy with Barclays runs out in a few weeks, so I am just doing some research on what else is available and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of choice for independent travellers such as myself that book their own flights, car hire and accommodation.

Does anyone have any recommendations of other companies that I should look at as so many only seem to be focused on the package end of the market?

I'd be looking for something that would cover cancellation of 5-6k, holidays up to 31 days and would provide cover for North America.

Many thanks

Spud

Comments

• Thought the requirement for a travel agent to be used went out with the ark?

Have made a couple of claims on Axa underwritten policies from various sources over the years and its never been questioned when I sent separate invoices for each component
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,110
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    We always book everything ourselves & I've never seen anything on our insurance paperwork that even mentions how the trip is booked. We just try loads of websites until we get one that will cover us both (pre-existing medical conditions) at a reasonable price.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure