PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    havent been in for a while as things are quite busy here. not sure what as i dont seem to be achieving anything!!

anyway i hope you are all well and ill leave a postful of virtual hugs for all who need one
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What a lovely idea Mrsmoneypenny I think we are very busy so I will leave big stockings full of hugs for everyone.
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    X x x x for everyone. Pirate cake made!!! Looks like it's been in a battle but it's the best (only) one I have ever made!!!!!

Lots of love to one and all
    Finished Mojacar Dreaming blanket for charity and now started a Chevron blanket in modern colours for new great niece or nephew due in January.

Love to you sll
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 December 2014 at 8:00AM
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I hope you are all keeping well; I suspect that most of you are knee deep in preparations for Christmas. I will try and get the update done today or tomorrow. I've been trying to get on here all week, but the time is flying by. I've been looking after a house belonging to our friends who are in Australia for the winter. They have done a house swap, so I have been busy getting the house ready for the guests who arrived yesterday. Today I am trying to turn our house into the most saleable one in France because, after months with no viewings at all, we have one tomorrow, and another one on Saturday, so we are keeping it all crossed that the house will tick someone's boxes! A friend here was on the verge of taking her house off the market for the winter, but she had a viewing out of the blue a couple of weeks ago, an offer the following day, and she did the first signing yesterday, so people are definitely buying! Even if our house does not grab someone, at least we can see that the market is moving, so it's encouraging. I so want this to be the last Christmas and New Year that we spend here! France has gone into its usual state of winter hibernation and is, according to a survey I read the other day, the nation in Europe looking forward to Christmas the least!

Anyway, the only woolly stuff I've had time for is to finish the little Christmas wreath I have made for my mum. I keep looking at my wool basket and wondering if I'll ever again get enough time just to sit and crochet. I'm hoping it will happen soon!

Jean - I hope you are keeping well, and that DH is well on the road to recovery now.

Chalky - have a lovely time with William; I bet you can hardly wait until Friday. Friday is a good day for my youngest two granddaughters because they are moving into a new house and, as they have been telling me breathlessly on Skype, it has a secret garden! They decorated their Christmas tree a couple of weeks ago because they were desperate to get it done, but they will have to take it down today, and re-decorate it in their new home, something else they are looking forward to.

I hope none of you has had that awful bug that is doing the rounds. My sister has had it and has been really unwell with it, so much so that she couldn't go and visit my mum in the retirement home for ten days because she was so worried about spreading it. My mum is now really settled into her life in the home but, sadly, is getting more and more vague every time we speak. At least we know that she is safe and warm and, apart from the Alzheimer's, she is keeping healthy. At this stage, we can't ask for more, but she's another reason I am so desperate to get back home.

I don't know if I mentioned the trouble we had been having with our car. We couldn't find the right place here to deal with - well, we could have gone to the main dealer here, but they have let us down twice in the past, so we were reluctant to do that. We phoned a main dealer in the UK and they diagnosed the problem over the phone, asked us to send the ECU (part of the computer system) to them, they tested and repaired it, sent it back and, for the grand sum of £65 plus VAT and postage, it worked. Having had the runaround by mechanics here, one of which said he had fixed the problem but hadn't because it kept recurring despite all the money he charged us, we are relieved to say the least.

Well, I am off to get some soup going in the slow cooker, and some bread going in the bread maker- we have friends coming for lunch after our first viewing tomorrow, so I thought I'd get everything prepared for that today.

Please wish us luck with our viewings!

Lots of hugs to you all, and I hope you have a great day! Make sure you all try and take a breather now and again at this busy time!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kathy well done with the car - result! I do hope the viewings are successful will have my fingers crossed for you.

Busy finishing things off here not much left to do but I am tired and fed up today - no doubt Dgs arriving later for the night will buck me up. Just have to mop the kitchen floor now and Im done.

Tons of hugs to all. xx
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • chalky_75
    Options
    X x x x to one and all x x x x

Fingers and toes crossed kathy

Ginny Edna pass on by.... That's an order.

Well of course excitement is bubbling but sadly we were unable to track down 90 year old aunt who lives in Eastbourne ( the worst place for us) we were just about to get the police to break in when we were contacted by a hospital in West Lynne in Norfolk!!! 61/2 hours from us. Aunt had been taken ill on a coach trip and been taken to hospital there. To cut a very long story short Andy and his sister set off yesterday to get there as it seemed everything was failing. This is a lady who was 90 last Feb and as fit as a fiddle. Anyway I was woken in the night by the hospital to say that relatives were needed at the hospital . So I had to phone Andy at the hotel nearby and of course could not get back to sleep afterwards... Bless them all. She never married and Andy and his sister are her only remaining relatives. Anyway of course they have had to leave Norfolk to pick William up at Heathrow before 6.00 am in the morning!!!!! She is unconscious now but did know them yesterday so I am so glad they went.

Long timers here may remember this is th aunt we knitted for for her shoeboxes and she wrote hand written votes of thanks. So another era ends. Amazing to think she has gone from total independence on a trip to this demise in under a week.

So, I am at home looking after sister in laws dog and playing the waiting game ...

Love to all xxxxx
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    Sending loads of love to you all with a ton of positive vibes for you Kathy. Chalky my cakes were always called 'train crash cakes' cobbled up from about three sponges held together with a ton of butter icing and then covered in loads and loads of icing looked fine on the outside till the first slice got cut! Mrs Moneypenny I hope you get some quiet time over the christmas period, ginny I hope you have finished all the jobs - although there is always another just around the corner to grab your attention.
    Had a bit of a set back this week - DH fell off a chair (while turning round to answer the phone-that's why I have an answer phone) and really really hurt himself - it took me over an hour to get him moved from the lounge into the downstairs bed -where I glued him in and told him not to move, I have been attempting to sleep upstairs with the baby monitor, all my clothes on and the light on - so that I can do the run and sort it when it all goes pear shaped. He is also doing aqua/exercise and massage at the local doc surgery which is helping - if he would just try and take things a bit easier. I have re-arranged the lounge so he can at least get in there to watch rubbish telly. DS is due very early on Monday - I am off to St Malo to do the pick up so I shall spent this weekend doing all the other stuff that needs sorted prior to collapsing for Christmas no doubt. Anyway, lots of love to each and every one of you. I shall try and get back in here a bit more often but time is rushing away with me.
    xxxx

CHALKY - just read your post above, sending you some squishy cuddles - what a bloomin nightmare
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • chalky_75
    Options
    Blooming Nightmare for you too ! What an absolute nightmare for you both jean
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Im glad its not just me who sleeps fully dressed when Oh is bad. I do hope he feels better soon Jean its hard work isnt it.

Chalky sending hugs hunny, glad Andy got there in time.

My problem is the most unlikeable hubby of cousin passed away last week and as his final act of being a PIA the funeral is the day before Christmas eve :mad: Im now probably her next of kin as my Mum certainly cannot support her and she lives round the corner from me. They both always prefered dogs and cats to people and have stray living in the bathroom - doubt she bathes because of it. As you walk in the hall you can tell its a tom cat up there :( So my Christmas penance is to get her through the funeral.

I have decided that regular phone calls will have to do her as my plate is pretty full.
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all
    We had a lovely holiday, relaxed and enjoyed ourselves.:cool:
    Got back latish on Tuesday and went to see Mom at the home on Wednesday for her birthday...93 now... we were loaded up with cards and presents.
    She had her hair done, they dressed her in her best clothes and one of the staff did her nails (with gold nail varnish) she looked lovely.
    We sat with her and helped her open her presents..a beautiful floral arrangement was delivered from her sister (96) so I rang her and they chatted for a while she was so happy.
    Altogether a good day:)

chalky - sorry to hear about Aunt but glad OH and sis got to see her. I do remember her she sent me a lovely card thanking me for a few things I sent her. Has the little fellow and his Mummy and Daddy arrived yet? please give him a cuddle from me x
    jean - ouch!!! hope he recovers soon, you must be worn out, so pleased your DS will be with you both for Christmas it will be lovely having him there and also a bit of help maybe ;) x
    kathy - glad the car is in working order again, fingers crossed here too I do hope all goes well for a sale
    ginnyknit - oh my goodness sounds like a tough call...with all you have on I would stick with the phone calls less running around for you. I bet DGS is getting so excited now has he finished school yet?:rudolf:
    mrs-m - hope all is well with you and yours. How is MIL coping now? thanks for the (hug) :)
    you too nursemaggie for the (hug)
    psso - shame but you are right not taking on an unsuitable job. Is little J bouncing off the walls with excitement yet? my DGS is just about holiding it together :snow_laug

I am making a crochet blanket for a nurse at the Home, she wants one for her little girls bed, she is only 2 and has just gone into a 'proper' bed and has asked for pink so pink it is.
    The nurse had seen the blankets from SIBOL at the home and loved them so Mom told her I helped with some of them...the rest is history as they say ;)

well I better go get some stuff done TTFN Love to all keep warm love Annie xx

:xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport